Happy Halloweed

John Doeeeeeeee

Expect a nice and regular Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Im thinking 1.6 boost throughout the day followed with some 2x maybeeee late night. Thanks to the thousands of uber drivers surge will probably be mediocre or non existent.

Uberslave415

I'm at 52 trips for the week, I doubt there will be any surge, hopefully I'm done with 120 by Saturday afternoon.

John Doeeeeeeee

It's death tonite in the city in going home, I can barely do 120 every week, I live in SF lol I'm lazy

Sucks I hope uber can really consider putting a cap on drivers. Its not that its not busy in SF its just literally ever car is driving uber now. Lol its an easy job to be lazy at. Especially when its not busy or you have to drive to a certain location to get a ping. I would rather have constant pings and be super busy all day instead there's days I can go 20 minutes on those 2x boost zones with no pings.

Uberslave415

Sucks I hope uber can really consider putting a cap on drivers. Its not that its not busy in SF its just literally ever car is driving uber now. Lol its an easy job to be lazy at. Especially when its not busy or you have to drive to a certain location to get a ping. I would rather have constant pings and be super busy all day instead there's days I can go 20 minutes on those 2x boost zones with no pings.
Yea to many drivers that's why I'm working hard the next 2 months because it's going to get slowww in January, SF will have 20000+ drivers and no riders.

Luber4.9

Yea to many drivers that's why I'm working hard the next 2 months because it's going to get slowww in January, SF will have 20000+ drivers and no riders.
Am I the only one hearing from Pax the new drivers are really bad, ie. New driver from out of town doesn't know SF constantly looking down at app, etc. ?

My pax said he would gladly pay$3 more for a local driver who could pass the SF equivalent of London's The Knowledge ... That's a city knowledge test for cabbies out there he said. I have no idea if it is true.

Traffic is worse as more poor drivers are on the streets doing wacky stuff. It is bad out there, and boost brings in the drivers by the boatloads.

Strange Fruit

Am I the only one hearing from Pax the new drivers are really bad, ie. New driver from out of town doesn't know SF constantly looking down at app, etc. ?

My pax said he would gladly pay$3 more for a local driver who could pass the SF equivalent of London's The Knowledge ... That's a city knowledge test for cabbies out there he said. I have no idea if it is true.

Traffic is worse as more poor drivers are on the streets doing wacky stuff. It is bad out there, and boost brings in the drivers by the boatloads.
No you aren't. The app store ratings and all my angry rants last week about same topic. We saw it coming when the cut rates last year and started aggressively recruiting. I'm so sick of sharing the road with tards who go 5-10mph. London does require city knowledge of cab drivers. I wish more pax had that guys attitude so they'd have to raise pay to get people like me who actually live here or bother to learn it. What I see on this forum about people blaming Uber becaise nav apps aren't 100% tells me too many don't feel obligated to learn. I guess if Uber has become dirt cheap, it gets dirt cheap drivers and pax just accept it and @@@@@ instead of just taking a taxi. This is america, home of the only sometimes true saying "u get what u pay for". Driving is what I do well. It's the being friendly I don't do. Yet friendly is all many care about, even though people are actually surprised when you know your way. I drive a cab (Uber, whatever) for a living, of course I know my way. Why is that surprising....oh yeah Uber sucks now. Sad how Uber execs won't figure this out for quite some time still.

Stray

No you aren't. The app store ratings and all my angry rants last week about same topic. We saw it coming when the cut rates last year and started aggressively recruiting. I'm so sick of sharing the road with tards who go 5-10mph. London does require city knowledge of cab drivers. I wish more pax had that guys attitude so they'd have to raise pay to get people like me who actually live here or bother to learn it. What I see on this forum about people blaming Uber becaise nav apps aren't 100% tells me too many don't feel obligated to learn. I guess if Uber has become dirt cheap, it gets dirt cheap drivers and pax just accept it and ***** instead of just taking a taxi. This is america, home of the only sometimes true saying "u get what u pay for". Driving is what I do well. It's the being friendly I don't do. Yet friendly is all many care about, even though people are actually surprised when you know your way. I drive a cab (Uber, whatever) for a living, of course I know my way. Why is that surprising....oh yeah Uber sucks now. Sad how Uber execs won't figure this out for quite some time still.

I have "never" had a passenger complain about "new drivers"; I believe their minds are on other things. - This whole Uber/Lyft thing is "not rocket science". Many drivers defer to using Waze or Google Maps because there could be traffic problems, road construction etc... And many drivers use them because they don't know the City that well. NBD.

In terms of being "pleasant/nice", like any other business, that's no requirement. "Most people" do appreciate it though when the person giving service is nice... And for the record, most "real businesses" that don't get the "rapport with people part" do not last! - - As an Uber driver you have "job security" just being a robot behind the wheel. At the end of the day, all passengers merely want to get safely from point A to point B. If a driver, new or old, can do that, "mission accomplished".

Last edited: