Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I did. I’m just telling the truth. Until the ride starts (in most markets), you are working for free. So the longer a pickup you chase, you risk not getting one closer and getting paid faster and working harder and not smarter...

Everyone has had this happen
I haven't had a pick-up over 10 mins away so far. It seems there is a time difference between the app and Waze. I'm sure I won't accept any rides that are really long.

Everyone has had this happen, I'd like your opinion on the best way to deal with it.

The other day Lyft offered me a pax 46 minutes away.

I see several options:

1) Drive 46 minutes and pick them up (assuming they don't cancel while you're underway).
2) Accept but don't attempt to get them, wait for pax to cancel
3) Accept, but then cancel with the option the ride is too far or "I don't want this ride".
4) Let request time out and wait for "YOU MISSED A TRIP" with the OK to click on.

I chose #4

What do you see as the best option?
9 minutes or more away from me, I simply tap the "X"...to not accept that ride request. It will be handed off to the next closest drier. My acceptance rate must be around 50%.

Everyone has had this happen, I'd like your opinion on the best way to deal with it.

The other day Lyft offered me a pax 46 minutes away.

I see several options:

1) Drive 46 minutes and pick them up (assuming they don't cancel while you're underway).
2) Accept but don't attempt to get them, wait for pax to cancel
3) Accept, but then cancel with the option the ride is too far or "I don't want this ride".
4) Let request time out and wait for "YOU MISSED A TRIP" with the OK to click on.

I chose #4

What do you see as the best option?
There is only one legitimate option.

Accept the request and go get them.

You will not let the community down!

Long Lyft pick-up requests are a thing of the past, so many drivers down here that it just does not happen any more.

When it did I would basically handle it this way:

Accept ride request and leave Uber app running. If Uber ride comes in do it, when done call Lyft Pax, got your ride request, traffic is really backed up but I am on the way. Wait for Pax to respond. Follow up with great I'm on the way, oh where we going? They always told me. Now I can determine if the ride is worth it or not. If it is go for it with the Uber app still running in destination mode. If it is not worth it just wait for more Uber pings until they cancel.

I thought Lyft started paying you as soon as you hit Accept now .... is that not true??

I know Uber doesn't start the Long Pickup Premium until after 12 mins
Lyft has started that in some markets, not in every market yet.

Uber long pick-up varies by market, my market us 5 or 6 minutes.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.