• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Handing Out Business Cards

Lren1103

Hi, I'm new to Uber, and I also own my own business as a hairstylist. I was wondering if it is okay to hand out business cards to Uber clients or if Uber has any restrictions regarding this? I'm still growing my hairstyling business and just want to put my name out there to bring in more clients to my salon.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Hi, I'm new to Uber, and I also own my own business as a hairstylist. I was wondering if it is okay to hand out business cards to Uber clients or if Uber has any restrictions regarding this? I'm still growing my hairstyling business and just want to put my name out there to bring in more clients to my salon.
Don't

People will be calling you 24/7 asking for rides, doesn't matter what your card says that will be what will happen.

give out a card for "your twin sisters" styling business.

Yes... that really will make all the difference in the world.

Classified

While working for uber their rules state you can lose your job for promoting or advertising for another company, via business cards. Or stickers, signwriting, you cannot use uber as that platform, each city/country has its own rules so read your contract,

BUT it’s only if you get caught, and you are cautious on who you give cards out to,
I work for multiple ride share companies, I have cards made up for each company with my referral code on it, and when riders ask me if I work anywhere else I tell the truth, and most likely I give them a card and make extra money getting a referral fee,
and if I’m driving for uber and pickup riders that don’t have an Uber account, they all get a card, sometimes a few cards to share, free money signing up riders,

If I was you, I would give out cards cautiously, I would also carry a mobile kit in car, you may get a few interested in a quick cut after the uber trip

Hagong

How about putting you're also a hairstylist in your Uber driver profile along with your salon info? You could also put a sign on the headrest with a QR code linking to your website. No need to hand out cards.
Business cards are perfectly fine as well.

Classified

How about putting you're also a hairstylist in your Uber driver profile along with your salon info? You could also put a sign on the headrest with a QR code linking to your website. No need to hand out cards.
Business cards are perfectly fine as well.
I did that with my utube channel, got more subscribers, adding in uber profile , riders keen to check out my utube feed.

oldfart

Don't

People will be calling you 24/7 asking for rides, doesn't matter what your card says that will be what will happen.

give out a card for "your twin sisters" styling business.

Yes... that really will make all the difference in the world.

I’d say do it because people will call you for rides

I’ve picked up hair stylists going to a customers home to cut their hair as early as 5am

Do you do that. ie Go to the customers home or office to do their hair? I’d advertise that service

Kodyhead

Technically no, but whose gonna stop ya lol. Grow your business, but I would sell yourself first through conversation first and then let them ask you for a card

MHR

Lren1103 you in Texas? If you are where your profile states then you shouldn’t have too much, if any blowback from giving a pax a business card. In my area I hardly ever have pax that don’t ask, “what else do you do besides Uber?”. It’s a perfect opening line to promote yourself.

You’ll know who wants the card and whom doesn’t, they’ll give off a vibe.

Kodyhead

Lren1103 you in Texas? If you are where your profile states then you shouldn’t have too much, if any blowback from giving a pax a business card. In my area I hardly ever have pax that don’t ask, “what else do you do besides Uber?”. It’s a perfect opening line to promote yourself.

Exactly I like my barber cause I enjoy talking to him and the other idiots there like me lol. I would think as a stylist you have to be able to talk about what whatever women talk about at salons and sell yourself.

Ezridax

I have business cards for a few counselors (including myself) tucked into the back of the center console where they can look at them and take them if the wish. I don’t say anything about them unless someone asks.

RoWode12

This.

If they seem interested, say “ I have a card if you want one.”

I wouldn’t hand them out to everyone that gets in the car.

There have been times IVE asked the PAX for a card based on that conversation.

steveK2016

I dont have access to the contract but Uber actually added a section in the contract that allows the ability to promote other business, including explicitly allowing the ability to run competing rideshare app.

I havent seen if theyve updated the contract since then, but they did say it in their contract that youre allowed to promote any other business. I would promote your hair styling business OP.

kdyrpr

You're probably only going to get guys calling you to ask you out.