• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hammond Area

Scott Avery

Passed out cards in Hammond area 3 weeks ago. I have LED Scrolling signs on my front and back dash to indicate the Uber is in the Area. I was even contacted by the Hammond Police on several occasions to assist in getting folks home. How many of you are driving in the area. Just wondering, I only know of 1 other full time Driver in the area. I have seen a few "Newbies" in the area, they don't seem to stay around as I am often told I was the only Uber on. I will often leave the app on while near a campfire and get a ping in the middle of the night. i am only 9 minutes via straight line road to Downtown Hammond, i.e. Hammond PD and the Columbia Theater. Would like to meet some of the other drivers. I usually hang Near Brady's, or Cate street when downtown Hammond. My wife drives the day and I drive the nights. Stop by and say hello if you see me. Scott and Laurel. Driving White 2011 Police Interceptor Crown Vic. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
Text me if you need to 985-634-9609

stevedmc

You are the only driver on the road and Uber refuses to turn on surge pricing, even at midnight.

They don't even turn on surge pricing for parades or the strawberry festival in Hammond or Ponchatoula.

This is why I don't waste my time in Hammond.

Scott Avery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will agree it never surges.I make far less by staying in Hammond, yet I am not 45 minutes from home at the end of the night. Most of my trips are on the lower end $4-5. Hammond is small so are the runs. My wife does good during the day. If y'all are ever in the area honk or stop and say hello.

tohunt4me

You are the only driver on the road and Uber refuses to turn on surge pricing, even at midnight.

They don't even turn on surge pricing for parades or the strawberry festival in Hammond or Ponchatoula.

This is why I don't waste my time in Hammond.
Really huh !
Uber

grimcity

My sincere apologies for bumping and old thread, but I'm in Hammond and started about 2 1/2 weeks ago (I'm at 111 trips at the moment of this writing). I'd totally be down to snag a coffee with any fellow locals! I know there are a few of us from conversations with my riders... I typically get out either at 8 or 10 am and wrap it up either at 8 or 10 pm (depending on when I leave in the morning).

Also, I'm a newb to the forums, so cheers and salutations to all!

Dave2018

My sincere apologies for bumping and old thread, but I'm in Hammond and started about 2 1/2 weeks ago (I'm at 111 trips at the moment of this writing). I'd totally be down to snag a coffee with any fellow locals! I know there are a few of us from conversations with my riders... I typically get out either at 8 or 10 am and wrap it up either at 8 or 10 pm (depending on when I leave in the morning).

Also, I'm a newb to the forums, so cheers and salutations to all!
Let’s get together or text. I just started here in Hammond myself.