Hamilton city page

Amun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your location has to be set to Hamilton as well, I had to change mine from Burlington, make sure you do that as well.

Amun

We have all the requirements according to the posting rules. I msg'd a moderator but haven't heard anything back.

MUGATS

How'd you guys make out on Tuesday night with the Hip Concert. I normally don't work Tuesday, but made about $250 from 7pm-2am. Plus those concert goers actually tipped. I got $18 before the concert and another $10 post concert.

The pre concert surge really helped me. Running people from Dundas and Ancaster set my night up nicely. Every ride was 20+ and they were OK if I just dumped them in the vicinity and not Copps itself.

RasAlGhul

Hamilton is slow usually for me for some reason.. I hate when they go to Burlington ... Burlington is shit !!

MUGATS

I don't drive Burlington at all... I find the trips short and it takes longer to get around town. Say what you want about Hamilton, but you can get quick and decent fares driving there. Lots of Hwy KMs up and down the 403 to Ancaster.

The one way streets help a lot too.

Amun

Yeah I noticed that yesterday but Hamilton doesn't have the destination feature :frown:
It does now, if you don't have it uninstall and reinstall it I use destinations all the time when it hits surge in hess and I want a good trip I put in either Ancaster or Waterdown as my destination.

Amun

I don't drive Burlington at all... I find the trips short and it takes longer to get around town. Say what you want about Hamilton, but you can get quick and decent fares driving there. Lots of Hwy KMs up and down the 403 to Ancaster.

The one way streets help a lot too.
True and untrue. This is a complicated issue, if you drive in Hamilton for 10 hours on let's say a Tuesday or Wednesday from 6pm-4am you will get anywhere from 12-16 trips on average I've found, and some of those might even be on surge; however, your km's and therefore gas and maintenance cost will be much higher. Now take Burlington same day same time frame and you will do anywhere from 20-30 trips but almost no chance of a surge, you will make pretty close to the same but it will take less gas or km's to make it, but you take less trips so you have less pressure on you in maintaining a good rating.

It's like the walk of shames if you driver early AM on a Saturday or Sunday in either city you can get a massive amount of trips as most partners drove the bar hours so are in bed, but people need to get back to cars or back home from where they ended the night at. These people though are hungover, tired, @@@@@y and overall not in a good place so they rate terrible. You will make money but you will take a ratings dive so it's a trade off. I've made $300 driving a Saturday night in Hamilton 8pm-4am and kept a high rating and I've made $200 driving from 7am-10am Sunday morning but I went from a 4.8 down to a 4.57. I will do the morning hangover crowd if my week is light and my rating can take the hit only.