Uber Drivers Forum banner

Halloween IE Style

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Amsoil Uber Connect 
#1 ·
Howzit? I was just wondering what fellow drivers are planning to do to make big bucks in the IE on Halloween. Is it worth staying local? Or are we better off heading to LA or OC?

#2 ·
Business is always better further west. This will be my first Halloween with Uber so I don't know what to expect. I just can't see it being any busier than a busy Saturday night here in the IE. Hope I am wrong as I do plan on driving that night. If I get pinged to take kids trick or treating I'm turning the app off and going home.
Haha. Amen I hear you on that!

#3 ·
From what I read here, its not expected to be as good as last year. Rates are down and way more drivers. Ill probably work the day.

Reactions: Rebu Revird
#5 ·
I did last night. Many short trips from local hotels to the Uber lot, where, as usual, the Uber staff is less than pleasant. I don't get it. They tell us that they will let us into the lot after 8:30pm, where there is portable potties set up, and someone told me they were going to have coffee. Got there at 9pm and was told that they are not letting anyone stage there, that you can only stay with a confirmation of a ride request. New to this event stuff...I was like, "Screw you Uber, I'm not driving around San Bernardino, let alone park my car, and wait to get a request (San Bernardino is NOT a safe place to hang)...so I went home. 2am text message says, "We are experiencing high demand!" Oh well....too bad...I'm cozy and warm in my bed...

#6 ·
Yep! I told 1 of the pax, 4 trips there tonight, I only do drop offs cause its a pain for pick ups, so I was done by 7pm. I told one group to get as far away from there to do your request.

Also discovered there is a Geo fence around the place too.

First trip from Mo Valley. Next a shorty but the guy was impressed I knew a back way, the mall became a parking lot so I dropped everyone there, $3 tip, next two from Riv Courtyard Mariott, the last being a 1.3 surge. Was 3.0 earlier. A lot os peeps going from the Mariott.

#7 ·
Your welcome, I did have you in the back of my mind telling them that cause knew you would probably be there.

Well last night both the 1 day and 7 were 5.0. 17 and 13 trips. Hmm, I took all of this week off cept sat/Halloween, 11 trips, and 5 today. This morning both 4.89, um k, I'm good with that. Tonight 7 day 4.83 1 day was 4.82 but dropped to 4.8 b4 I logged off. Oh well I guess so next weeks summary should be close to 4.82 ? We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.