Half-Smoked Cigarette

mbd

Recycling half smoked cigarettes could be a big business. Nobody smokes the whole cigarette, it is few puffs and trash. Cigarette pack in N Carolina is around 5-6$ , and in NY 12$:thumbup:you can only take few cartons from 1 state to another legally 🤔
If you made a honest mistake , like get 1000 cartons from NC and take it to NY, you can make good $$$$:smiles: You did not know the laws and transported few cigarettes to NY, and sold it to the community :thumbup:

Another Uber Driver

Gotta' love those jerks who butt-out their cigarette half-way just as you arrive and think nothing of bringing it in your vehicle
They can bring in the half-smoked thing or not, still they drag the smell of it into the car with them. Every time that this happens, I have to explain to the next five customers that a previous customer had put out his cigaret just before he boarded the car so he dragged the smell of it inside with him.

The smell of tobacco does not bother me, but the majority of Uber users seem to have a particular distaste for it.

Carolina is around 5-6$ , and in NY 12$ you can only take few cartons from 1 state to another legally If you made a honest mistake , like get 1000 cartons from NC and take it to NY, you can make good $$$$ You did not know the laws and transported few cigarettes to NY, and sold it to the community
The Mob did this for years. The old Mob has moved on to bigger things, for the most part, such as causing world financial crises, but, others have stepped up in La Cosa Nostra's place and still is doing the same thing. Some of the smaller time Mob boys still are doing this, as well.

Mkang14

At least some try to hide the smell with perfume/cologne. Although the smell comes through after a few minutes. But A for effort.

Another Uber Driver

Double the price of cigarettes half the people quit and you still make the same amount of tax money. Everyone wins
If you consider that people are paying ten bananas the pack, little will stop them from paying twenty. At this point, most of those left smoking are going to smoke regardless of the cost.

I am glad that I gave up those things if for no other reason than have you seen how much those things cost these days?

When I started smoking, those things were thirty cents the pack in California. When I gave it up in 1998, they were about seven dollars the pack in the Capital of Your Nation, although, if you went across the water to Virginia, a tobacco state, they were four dollars and change the pack. Maryland ceased to be a tobacco state, as several governors worked a campaign to get the Maryland tobacco farmers to grow something else. Thus, Maryland's taxes are almost as high as those in the District of Columbia.

TheDevilisaParttimer

If you consider that people are paying ten bananas the pack, little will stop them from paying twenty. At this point, most of those left smoking are going to smoke regardless of the cost.

I am glad that I gave up those things if for no other reason than have you seen how much those things cost these days?

When I started smoking, those things were thirty cents the pack in California. When I gave it up in 1998, they were about seven dollars the pack in the Capital of Your Nation, although, if you went across the water to Virginia, a tobacco state, they were four dollars and change the pack. Maryland ceased to be a tobacco state, as several governors worked a campaign to get the Maryland tobacco farmers to grow something else. Thus, Maryland's taxes are almost as high as those in the District of Columbia.
Yea cigarettes are expensive but still poor person affordable. When the bite starts to hit $20/pack especially nationally they become unaffordable.

Make that $20/pk to $35/pk in high salary locations like New York.

Insurance at my company went up $60/week if you smoke or vape. It definitely made me move up my quit timeline.