Had to take nine facemask selfies during my shift yesterday

NOXDriver

I got hit with that crap today. After the 3rd selfie I simply switched it off and did deliveries. My first uber? $3.65 1.6 miles. The rest of my night? $116 in 4 hours doing deliveries.

LOL not turning Uber back on for a LOONGG time

Diamond-drive77

I contacted support advising them I would not be drive again and what the final straw was. All I got a touchy feely nonsense that doesn't address anything and a header of "No Response Needed". If enough drivers stop driving they will realize the mistake in bottom line as rider can't get rides or have to wait long periods for pickups. Let show them what "Independent Contractor" means and who is in charge in the cars.

Attachments

NOXDriver

I contacted support advising them I would not be drive again and what the final straw was. All I got a touchy feely nonsense that doesn't address anything and a header of "No Response Needed". If enough drivers stop driving they will realize the mistake in bottom line as rider can't get rides or have to wait long periods for pickups. Let show them what "Independent Contractor" means and who is in charge in the cars.
I'm not sure whats funnier, you think that you made a difference, or that Uber (more specifically, Kapresh in Mumbi) cared and forgot about you as soon as they hung up the phone.

PS: You'll be driving tomorrow. Just admit it.

UberLaLa

At the moment, 99% of drivers could quit and there still would be enough drivers for the small demand remaining.

Norm22

Safe guess is more like 20 selfies. Been super busy for the last week. No drivers means more refused rides than a typical week in a few hours but plenty of rides. Airports back in play. Some of us don't qualify for unemployment due to total income.

WindyCityAnt

Approximately 75% of my "timeouts" required a facemask selfie for me to go back online, and I was delivering food, not people.

Most of the time when I decline three requests in a row (occasionally they'll time me out for as little as two or even one declined request) Uber will time me out.

This has all the stench of yet another Uber scheme to take away what meager "independence" Uber's alleged independent contractor drivers have.

Uber already harasses drivers who decline "too many" requests with their asinine "timeouts". They can use any "safety" pretext they want, but this shouldn't be allowed to continue.

If this was a one-day thing, it's probably a trial-balloon by Uber. If this continues, drivers will need to take action and contact the media and the govt. There's no jusification for this.
This was the only time i had ot as a “complaint” 2 days ago Since this shit all began with masks.

The response is great, Uber style! 😂🤪

8D284B5B-972A-4EF6-A138-766A5467BC7F.png

109E5314-3DFB-433E-903D-2CB828258487.jpeg

It believe they mad i wont take there stupid 3$, mcds, bk, tb, kfc, and all BS orders from them anymore. F’em! 😂

55% and 9% now and counting! 🤣. - - | - - ,

touberornottouber

Safe guess is more like 20 selfies. Been super busy for the last week. No drivers means more refused rides than a typical week in a few hours but plenty of rides. Airports back in play. Some of us don't qualify for unemployment due to total income.
It's starting to really suck out there again. The drivers are coming back but the rides aren't. It is going to be hell soon. I am hoping like hell that I get that $8,900 SBA EIDL loan so I can get out before it becomes $3 an hour.

UberBastid

It's starting to really suck out there again. The drivers are coming back but the rides aren't. It is going to be hell soon. I am hoping like hell that I get that $8,900 SBA EIDL loan so I can get out before it becomes $3 an hour.
Take the unemployment;
learn new or bush up on old skills;
hunker down till the attack on the world by China is over;
get a better job.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Approximately 75% of my "timeouts" required a facemask selfie for me to go back online, and I was delivering food, not people.

Most of the time when I decline three requests in a row (occasionally they'll time me out for as little as two or even one declined request) Uber will time me out.

This has all the stench of yet another Uber scheme to take away what meager "independence" Uber's alleged independent contractor drivers have.

Uber already harasses drivers who decline "too many" requests with their asinine "timeouts". They can use any "safety" pretext they want, but this shouldn't be allowed to continue.

If this was a one-day thing, it's probably a trial-balloon by Uber. If this continues, drivers will need to take action and contact the media and the govt. There's no jusification for this.
Its worst when you are in a dead area. Seems to happen everytime the app disconnects or logs you out!!!

Nats121

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its worst when you are in a dead area. Seems to happen everytime the app disconnects or logs you out!!!
I have to take facemask selfies about 75% of the time I go back online.
Post automatically merged:

Take the unemployment;
learn new or bush up on old skills;
hunker down till the attack on the world by China is over;
get a better job.
Posts like yours are sweet music to Uber's ears because it reinforces the message they've been working hard to sell to the govt, which is that rideshare is nothing more than a disposable little gig or "side hustle". Uber's extreme fear of employee status for drivers is the reason.

Uber's deception started after the disastrous rate cuts of 2014-15 turned rideshare from a middle class wage job into a poverty-level wage job.

Last edited:

Oscar Levant

Yes, it's really getting annoying. Many times I will turn off requests during deliveries ( because often they will feed me a new delivery immediately when I pick up the food, and if finding their apartment or residence is slow going, I'm late on the stacked delivery, so I often turn it off, which requires a new photo. then, one time, the other random checker happened, right after a face mask verification. This is really awful. ANd what good does it do? If I wanted to take my mask off right after the photo, I could.
Post automatically merged:

This is not about Uber caring for your safety or your passenger safety.

This is about Uber protecting itself from lawsuits. When Uber gets sued by a pax claiming they got CV19 from a driver, Uber will produce the masked selfie to show the court that the driver was wearing the mask.

Just take unemployment if you can... why deal with such bullshit and chance of infection if you do not have to.
That verification doens't prove squat, the driver can take it off right after the photo.
The rider could snap a photo of the driver, too. I think in the age of cell phones, a court would require a photo by the rider for such a suit, so your point is rather moot, I'd say.

ANT 7

I hope they get this shit sorted out by July when I plan to go back driving.

Going offline between trips is pretty much SOP for many drivers trying to maximize earnings, or convenience, merely to avoid shitty pings before they reposition themselves, and go back online.

Last edited:

everydayimubering

This is so frustrating. I put on my mask just before going online. It asks me to take a selfie - try 5 times, not good enough, so I try again without the mask and it worked. Next step, I enter DF and GO - it asks me if I am following the Covid guidelines, then selfie-time again - this time with the mask on. Finally get going, but it erased my DF, so I get a ride going completely to the other side of time. Okay nvm, I finish the ride.
Next rider's not wearing a mask, so I try to cancel - reason: no mask, so it asks me: Contnue or Cancel? WTF! Uber tells me to cancel if no mask - so why are you giving me the option to continue the ride?? Anyway, I get no cancellation fee - so I won't be cancelling anymore. I go offline to get away from this mask-less rider - try going online after a few mins: Oops, selfie time again - to show you're wearing the mask! I mean you're forcing the drivers to wear a mask - but not educating the riders to do likewise. [Bangs head on the steering wheel - almost deploying the airbag!]