Had the quietest, most polite pax ever

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
20170906_213654.png
So I'm driving to school to check on my financial aid. I'm on the freeway and I look over at my passenger side mirror, so I can change into the right lane, and I see I have a pax, bobbing 12 inches from my face.
20170906_213601.png

He's spun his web from my passenger side vents, my glove box, the passenger head rest, and the door frame, but he has taken full possession of the front passenger seat. Not sure what species he is. I let him listen to the new Taylor Swift album :biggrin:, before releasing him in my school garden, which doesn't use pesticides.

Eh..... whatever it was a slow day. Maybe this weekend will be good, hopefully......being that it will be the weekend after an event weekend.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
his investment home is between my passenger side mirror and door. despite hundreds of miles of freeway driving, he seems to be doing well!
Careful a pax doesn't report you for having a pet along! Of course by the time it gets to Uber, the pax will say you had the Goliath Bird- Eating Spider.

tohunt4me

View attachment 155809 So I'm driving to school to check on my financial aid. I'm on the freeway and I look over at my passenger side mirror, so I can change into the right lane, and I see I have a pax, bobbing 12 inches from my face.
View attachment 155806

He's spun his web from my passenger side vents, my glove box, the passenger head rest, and the door frame, but he has taken full possession of the front passenger seat. Not sure what species he is. I let him listen to the new Taylor Swift album :biggrin:, before releasing him in my school garden, which doesn't use pesticides.

Eh..... whatever it was a slow day. Maybe this weekend will be good, hopefully......being that it will be the weekend after an event weekend.
Appears to be a " New Mexico Orb Weaver" or Neoscona Oaxacensis. A Female at that.

Careful a pax doesn't report you for having a pet along! Of course by the time it gets to Uber, the pax will say you had the Goliath Bird- Eating Spider.
I leave light on under my carport(6 watt led) 24/7 so it attracts bugs.
Which attracts. . . spiders & lizards.
They nest between doors and frame and i have to do a sweep each time i uber.
Some pax would leap from a moving car at the sight of a spider.

View attachment 155809 So I'm driving to school to check on my financial aid. I'm on the freeway and I look over at my passenger side mirror, so I can change into the right lane, and I see I have a pax, bobbing 12 inches from my face.
View attachment 155806

Maybe a Neoscona Crucifera due to the " Fleur de Lis pattern on back .Definantly of the Neoscona group.
Either way not pousenous to humans.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-07-01-06-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-01-06-00.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2017-09-07-01-15-26.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-01-15-26.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2017-09-07-01-22-07.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-01-22-07.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 23

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Appears to be a " New Mexico Orb Weaver" or Neoscona Oaxacensis. A Female at that.

I leave light on under my carport(6 watt led) 24/7 so it attracts bugs.
Which attracts. . . spiders & lizards.
They nest between doors and frame and i have to do a sweep each time i uber.
Some pax would leap from a moving car at the sight of a spider.

Maybe a Neoscona Crucifera due to the " Fleur de Lis pattern on back .Definantly of the Neoscona group.
Either way not pousenous to humans.
Thanks. She had marbling on her abdomen. Tan with dark brown, and white spots. I didn't take her to be aggressive, especially when I turned up Taylor Swift slightly. She didn't run into the corner or shrink her legs. When we got to my school I picked her up with my bare hands and placed her in the lanscaping. I have no bites.