1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Had My First Puker and it was Awful

Discussion in 'Advice' started by 56sav, Nov 2, 2018.

1. 56sav

56sav

Driving:
    UberX
    The other day it finally happened. I’m driving a pax thru a busy downtown area and hear “pull over, quick!”. Less than 10 seconds later we were stopped on the side of the road, but it was too late. Every part of the back-passenger side was covered, including the window, door, seat, floor, and on the pax themselves. They also had a miniature poodle on their lap which no doubt would need more of a spa day than usual.

I was caught totally unprepared since it was around noon on a weekday. Less than an hour later I was at home furiously scrubbing the disgusting mess. Over the next two days the smell simply refused to die, which really sucked because I was hoping to cash in on the holiday and had to regularly stop to spray air freshener and clean more. I’ve decided that next time I need a cleanup kit at the ready to tackle it the second it fountains out.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

· Puke bag in a nearby location (first line of defense)

· Disposable rubber gloves

· Disposable wet wipes i.e. Clorox

· Wet dry vac, battery powered (need advice on which one)

· Upholstery cleaner with a scrubber head

· Microfiber towels

· Spray air freshener

· Garbage bag

Thoughts?

2. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Should have set the poodle loose!

3. guffy515255

guffy515255

My thought is **** Uber if you value your vehicle or self worth at all.

heynow321 and tohunt4me like this.
  4. 1. Agree
    2. Agree
    3. Agree but watch the Clorox ones. Bleaches fabrics.
    4. Battery vac won't cut it. Need a shop vac. Means a trip home or self serve car wash. Soak with cleaner, vac. Repeat.
    5. Agree
    6. Agree
    7. Agree
    8. See #4. You have these at home.

My one experience. Immediately documented it to Uber. Then to Wally World for cleaning supplies. Then home. Meantime it starts to dry. Next time. Immediately document, then soak with upholstery cleaner. Head home or car wash and do the rest.

Mine happened around 1AM. Finished cleaning around 3AM. Before I finished got credited with $150.

tohunt4me and 56sav like this.
  5. 56sav

56sav

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for the advice, I'm going to just soak it with cleaner from the getgo then head for a shop vac.

And to the haters, I'm going to resist posting my ride receipts out of respect for other drivers, although I do realize the most other areas of the US pay very little, so I can see where you're coming from.

Rakos and tohunt4me like this.
  6. guffy515255

guffy515255

That smell of puke will always be there no matter what your pay receipts say lol

7. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

Left out most important part. Did you report and get paid?

AuntyUber and tohunt4me like this.
  8. 56sav

56sav

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, got a $150 cleaning fee and $40 tip from the passenger.

Danny3xd, Rakos, tohunt4me and 2 others like this.
  9. Please provide pictures.
    Need to analyze further.

10. 56sav

56sav

Driving:
    UberX
    I'll PM some if you want, just be forewarned it's ugly!

Danny3xd and tohunt4me like this.
  11. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Step #1 Take picture for cleanup fee
    step#2 IMMEDIATELY head to the nearest car wash use their vacuum. (Strong and it's not yours) vacuum every filthy chunk up.
    step#3 Pour disenfectant on the areas to kill the lingering bacteria. (or it will smell for a long time)
    step#4 Woolite carpet and upholstery cleaner for Pet Stains on affected area.

Works well and quickly. Back on the road in an hour.

DISCLAIMER: This is what I have been told. I've never actually had a puker yet in a year and 1500+ rides. Knock on wood I am very guarded and either don't take anyone who looks like they might puke or make them hold vomit bags, and if I hear the window go down I warp speed to the shoulder. I've had them puke outside the car on the shoulder of the road but not in my car yet.

In the car I keep vomit bags. In my trunk I keep my "vomit rescue bag" Quarters for vacuum, hydrogen peroxide, woolite, rubber gloves. I hope to never use it but realize the danger is real. Noon on a weekday may have caught me off guard.

12. nah man.
    Just post here.

Trust me, your pics wont be the first puke pics here.

We've all been through it. We share our good times and our bad times.

POST THEM!

13. Nope. Never had a seconds problem with smell after clean up.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. guffy515255

guffy515255

Good Times Bad Times, you know Ive had my share. Running around, every puker in town. Putting me down, for picking up my fares.

Jumpin Jim likes this.
  15. Zap

Zap

Driving:
    UberX
    Congratulations! You're now officially an "Uber Pro" - diamond level!

[​IMG]

AllGold, AuntyUber, ChopperG and 7 others like this.
  16. Baking soda heavily applied and patted in really helps with the smell

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. UberBastid

UberBastid

Pucker?
    I had a pucker just yesterday.

The light had just turned green, I looked over my left shoulder and hit the gas as I looked to the right. A fire truck, red lights swirling, siren screaming and moving at about 50 mph missed my front bumper by three inches.

I puckered up so much that my butthole suctioned on the seat like an added seat belt. Took me a few seconds to relax enough to be able to get out of the car.

Prollly shouldn't have been rocking out to 'Stairway to Heaven' quite so loud.
    Oh well, almost found my own stairway to heaven ...

chris.nella2, Danny3xd and Juggalo9er like this.
  18. TDR

TDR

It’s easy and better cherry pick riders, destination and work in daytime only.

AuntyUber and tohunt4me like this.
  19. Yes!
    You should all go drive in the daytime only!

20. x100 and 56sav like this.