Uber Drivers Forum banner

Had my first Jesus freak today.

9K views 157 replies 37 participants last post by  Christinebitg 
#1 ·
Picked up a ride. Older lady, 50s or so. I say good morning. Her response: "It's a great morning - I got to wake up and praise Jesus for giving us another wonderful day. Have you found Jesus and let him into your soul?"

My first response was to cancel the ride and boot her. My second response was to rag on her throughout the ride. The response I finally went with was: "Ma'am, three things I don't discuss in my car - sex, religion or politics. Anything else is fair game."

Icy silence from the back seat for the rest of the ride. No tip yet and no adverse rating yet. We shall see.

#7 ·
Good for her! That's a very important question.
No. No, it's not. It's an annoying question and arrogant as can be.

Why didn't you simply slap her in the face with the facts? Jesus is a fantasy created by folks desperate to find a way to control an out of control society. Sodom and Gomorrah was pretty much in control and what was needed was something more reasonable. Jesus was just the ticket. You know, the guy who was born in a pile of hay from a Virgin, honored by Kings, and then spent 30 years laboring as a carpenter until he could put together a terrific magic act and piss of the rulers of his Country. Yep, he's my guy!
That would pretty much have been the gist of option 2. I would have opened by asking her to show definite proof of the existence of Jesus in the first place. But I wasn't eager to get my first 1* rating. I'll save that for later.

#4 ·
Why didn't you simply slap her in the face with the facts? Jesus is a fantasy created by folks desperate to find a way to control an out of control society. Sodom and Gomorrah was pretty much in control and what was needed was something more reasonable. Jesus was just the ticket. You know, the guy who was born in a pile of hay from a Virgin, honored by Kings, and then spent 30 years laboring as a carpenter until he could put together a terrific magic act and piss of the rulers of his Country. Yep, he's my guy!

#9 ·
Have you found Jesus and let him into your soul?"
"Found him? I've got him in the trunk!"

In reality, I would normally reply "I am not a Christian." without offering any further explanation.
This usually gets a mumbled "oh" in reply and it ends there.

And I would one star them: I'm OK with them enjoying their religion, but proselytizing is not accepted behavior.

Agreeing with passengers is a good way to get easy tips though.who cares what you believe.
If you're going to be a wh0re, might as well be a successful one.

After all [Satanic wink], Sundays are my best day.

That's a very important question.
Here's another important question: What is firmament?

Simple answers yes I found the true God his name is Muhammad!
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

#37 ·
"Found him? I've got him in the trunk!"
I don't have any religions but do find this expression hilarious. You have made my day. I can't help to keep laughing. :D

No offense to Christian.

Christian here. I guess that's a good response. As a Christian, I don't like randomly talking about religion sometimes, it has to come naturally. I believe in nature. I'm a real Christian though, so I'm different in my approach. In fact, militant atheists tend to think I'm one of their people, because of how logical I am.
How would you answer that lady if you were the driver that day? Grateful if you can share you thoughts as a Christian.

I had one a couple weeks ago. Actually told me I'd go to hell if I didn't establish a personal relationship with Christ.

Told him that was fine. The devil is far more interesting to hang out with anyway.

I did think about kicking him out but he wasn't worth the hassle.

Turned in a "made me feel unsafe" report.
He was rude to begin with. Probably Uber should have included this option on our side. Passengers made me feel unsafe

#10 ·
Christian here. I guess that's a good response. As a Christian, I don't like randomly talking about religion sometimes, it has to come naturally. I believe in nature. I'm a real Christian though, so I'm different in my approach. In fact, militant atheists tend to think I'm one of their people, because of how logical I am.

#11 ·
I had one a couple weeks ago. Actually told me I'd go to hell if I didn't establish a personal relationship with Christ.

Told him that was fine. The devil is far more interesting to hang out with anyway.

"I sure have! Praise be! I'm just ubering to tithe. It's been slow but I know Jesus will bless the true believers to tip so my small church can spread the word!"
Haha I'll try that next time.

Only a few old churchgoers tip. Never the young ones. And the tips are usually $1. I do much better with old folks normally, but the church crowd is just overall cheap.

#15 ·

Haha I'll try that next time.

Only a few old churchgoers tip. Never the young ones. And the tips are usually $1. I do much better with old folks normally, but the church crowd is just overall cheap.
I'm glad people are starting to boldly say things like that. That means we're getting really close to the glorious day when we will go to our true home.

Also, I started eating at chick fil a more because of their stance. I am particular about what I eat and feel comfortable with a company that fears our creator!

#14 ·
I respect your views, and consider myself gay friendly, but anyone tells me I cant eat something, its war time lol which is why I am not religious. Anyone that tells me I cant eat pork or have to fast we are mortal enemies lol

Reactions: MikeNY
#16 ·
I don't care WHAT you eat. I simply try to not give my business to homophobic, racist, sexist etc. companies. Unfortunately it's difficult to do that all the time, but when a company blatantly expresses views I find abhorrent, I go elsewhere if possible.

"Gay friendly"? What does that mean? Is that a new way of saying "Some of my best friends are ...."?

If you have to say it, it makes me wonder.

#28 ·
"Gay friendly"? What does that mean? Is that a new way of saying "Some of my best friends are ...."?

If you have to say it, it makes me wonder.
You can say what ever you want it simply means I am friendly to lfbt and have no issues with them at all. They are overall probably the best tippers in my market and easy to entertain imo.

I had several of them rolling in tears today with my gaydar app joke today and got $10 on maybe a $6 ride.

They are literally low hanging fruit rides lol

Chickfila can say whatever about me, they are delicious and I take all their Heinz dip and squeeze packets. Even though I may go to hell for it lol

Cant remember the last time I paid for Heinz ketchup since they opened...... lol

#32 ·
"I sure have! Praise be! I'm just ubering to tithe. It's been slow but I know Jesus will bless the true believers to tip so my small church can spread the word!"
I told one lady I couldn't take her through the drive through at Chic Fil A because I didn't agree with their stance on homosexuals.

It's true I refuse to eat there. I used to but stopped when I found out what assholes the owners are.
Was he is dead.... I always thought after he died they be open on Sundays

#38 ·
You can say what ever you want it simply means I am friendly to lfbt and have no issues with them at all. They are overall probably the best tippers in my market and easy to entertain imo.

I had several of them rolling in tears today with my gaydar app joke today and got $10 on maybe a $6 ride.

They are literally low hanging fruit rides lol

Chickfila can say whatever about me, they are delicious and I take all their Heinz dip and squeeze packets. Even though I may go to hell for it lol

Cant remember the last time I paid for Heinz ketchup since they opened...... lol
Low hanging fruit.......that's classic.

#45 ·
Faith is good. It keeps folks centered (hasn't helped itsablackmarket, however) when there is some fear that doing bad will get them sent to Hell.

#49 ·
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.....You funny. No, no one alive today will see God end life on this Planet. Maybe in 5 billion years when the Sun explodes but that's just nature not some made up fantasy presented by a very good magician who practiced his trade for 30 years before going public. The rest of the story just got better and better with every new addition to the story.

Reactions: Schnoober
#127 ·
Perhaps you are taking things too literally? Disease, droughts, floods, pestilence, plagues, etc. The dead are also walking the Earth. Not only in the forms of zombies in The Walking Dead but every time a John Wayne movie is showing on TV. Foretold signs of the end days. Maybe God is coming and his method of bringing about the end is by global warming? Some scientists say we may only have a couple hundred more years before there is a massive extinction event. The real cynical ones say only a few decades.

Not to mention the time when the nutjobs in the middle east have nukes. That is going to be a lot quicker than 5 billion years.

#51 ·
Can you show conclusive proof of that statement?
Yes, but I don't feel like it. Explaining the universe is a lot of work. Will you pay me? If not, I'm not interested. You can go to hell for all I care. Besides, it should be obviously true to you, if you had any common sense. The Bible is common sense. You were simply given the lies before you were given the truth, so you trust the lie more. It's like when train an animal, they tend to form their patterns of thinking based on what they were initially exposed to. Rewiring that is no easy task. We are animals after all, so it's the same situation here.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.....You funny. No, no one alive today will see God end life on this Planet. Maybe in 5 billion years when the Sun explodes but that's just nature not some made up fantasy presented by a very good magician who practiced his trade for 30 years before going public. The rest of the story just got better and better with every new addition to the story.
Ok, you'll see how wrong you are soon.

#53 ·
Yes, but I don't feel like it. Explaining the universe is a lot of work. Will you pay me? If not, I'm not interested. You can go to hell for all I care. Besides, it should be obviously true to you, if you had any common sense. The Bible is common sense. You were simply given the lies before you were given the truth, so you trust the lie more. It's like when train an animal, they tend to form their patterns of thinking based on what they were initially exposed to. Rewiring that is no easy task. We are animals after all, so it's the same situation here.

Ok, you'll see how wrong you are soon.
The same BS that was told to my parents, their parents, their parents, their parents, their parents......Snore!

#52 ·
Have you ever read the eyewitness testimony of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?
Luke was a doctor & traveling companion of Paul. Not an eyewitness. Mark was a teen during Jesus time, may or may not have been an eyewitness to some events. A friend of Peter. Mathew & John were of the original 12 disciples.

Actually, no, there isn't. There is nothing contemporary with his alleged life span. The stories about him don't start appearing for close to 50 years after his alleged death. All the early references to Christians refer to them as a cult who follows Chrestus who supposedly was put to death by Pilate. But there is NOTHING directly written about him

The Romans were anal about record keeping. If the crucifixion actually happened as told, you can bet your bottom dollar Pilate would have reported to Caesar all about how he had put down a rebellion and crucified the letter and Caesar should recall him to civilization as a reward.
Joesphus Flavious, a Jewish historian at the time, wrote briefly about it several times.

#82 ·
Luke was a doctor & traveling companion of Paul. Not an eyewitness. Mark was a teen during Jesus time, may or may not have been an eyewitness to some events. A friend of Peter. Mathew & John were of the original 12 disciples.

Joesphus Flavious, a Jewish historian at the time, wrote briefly about it several times.
Good point. Luke may or may not have been an eyewitness but he definitely included eyewitness reports.

#62 ·
God is so amazing, He has sent a great delusion just like the Bible said, to those He doesn't want, that they may believe a lie. Meanwhile, His chosen one's stand firm and will be saved soon. This is real stuff. You've gambled with the fate of your soul. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.