Had my first blind pax (spoiler alert: no dog)

Tedgey

Sorry, no dog. But she was on the left side of the street and it was kind of a narrow street with no traffic so I just pulled right up to her when I noticed the cane. She started toward the car and while I was opening the door to get out my window was open and I asked her if I could help and she said no I'm fine. So I sat back down and she struggled a little to find the handle and I apologize and told her I'd thrown her off a little by facing the wrong direction. And without any hint of self consciousness or embarrassment we had a thoroughly informative conversation about her blindness, how it came about only in the last 5 years that she's now almost totally blind but can still make out shapes and how all your other senses become enhanced, what a godsend Uber has been for her, about how she doesn't ride much anymore but just a few months ago she jumped a fence on a horse of hers, about how I was taking her to get her hair did and they'll have a guy at the curb waiting for her and she was absolutely delightful. We pulled up, I helped her out of the car this time, told her her first step was the street and the second would be on the curb, she was grateful for that information, wished me the best of luck, the owner of the salon was there to collect her, he was great and I got back in the car with a really good feeling in my heart.

Jbeck

Sorry, no dog. But she was on the left side of the street and it was kind of a narrow street with no traffic so I just pulled right up to her when I noticed the cane. She started toward the car and while I was opening the door to get out my window was open and I asked her if I could help and she said no I'm fine. So I sat back down and she struggled a little to find the handle and I apologize and told her I'd thrown her off a little by facing the wrong direction. And without any hint of self consciousness or embarrassment we had a thoroughly informative conversation about her blindness, how it came about only in the last 5 years that she's now almost totally blind but can still make out shapes and how all your other senses become enhanced, what a godsend Uber has been for her, about how she doesn't ride much anymore but just a few months ago she jumped a fence on a horse of hers, about how I was taking her to get her hair did and they'll have a guy at the curb waiting for her and she was absolutely delightful. We pulled up, I helped her out of the car this time, told her her first step was the street and the second would be on the curb, she was grateful for that information, wished me the best of luck, the owner of the salon was there to collect her, he was great and I got back in the car with a really good feeling in my heart.
Aww look how sweet you can be.

Tedgey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love it! I was going to ask if you tripped her when you left but then you would have jumped all over me. Lolololol
You didn't let me finish. I only said the second part because I knew it would entertain you. What kind of person its entertained by that? SMDHVUI%/WQ_

Tedgey

But I did have one more actual thought on it. Insofar as the discussion regarding service animals, I can't even imagine somebody turning down this lady if she'd had a dog. Even if you're allergic or more likely just didn't want hair in your car, there comes a point when you cross over from this is my car I decide what I do with it to just being a jerk. And I'm telling you this was a good person with a ton of class and dignity and didn't ask for anything was thankful for what little I did for her and if I had to spend a dollar and two minutes vacuuming out my car after she left it would've been an honor to do it. Until now I've been arguing the legality side of that issue but now I think I'll take the you're being a jerk side of it because there really is no excuse.

Ketofats

Ted "D" Gee my main man. you are a very easy going guy with nice sarcasm going for you and i can tell you are way more intelligent than me with your witty "elliott" ness.

i can also tell you know a lot and would hope to get you as my driver 1 day. yeah i'm the guy with the 1 hundred dollar bill upon arrival who says you can take me to your honey hole or stay here for an hour because i have a lot of questions for the next 60 minutes, but after the 1 hour i let you go do your hunting, know what i mean?

Does anyone know of anybody who has ever tipped a benjamin or more ahead of time like this before the service is ever even done ?

i do stuff like this to make it and let it be known i mean business and that i hope you're a pro and i guess i am gambling that you are indeed a pro LOL

Tedgey

Ted "D" Gee my main man. you are a very easy going guy with nice sarcasm going for you and i can tell you are way more intelligent than me with your witty "elliott" ness.

i can also tell you know a lot and would hope to get you as my driver 1 day. yeah i'm the guy with the 1 hundred dollar bill upon arrival who says you can take me to your honey hole or stay here for an hour because i have a lot of questions for the next 60 minutes, but after the 1 hour i let you go do your hunting, know what i mean?

Does anyone know of anybody who has ever tipped a benjamin or more ahead of time like this before the service is ever even done ?

i do stuff like this to make it and let it be known i mean business and that i hope you're a pro and i guess i am gambling that you are indeed a pro LOL
When Richard the Lionheart was on his crusade his army fought it out repeatedly with the formidable army of the great Kurdish commander Saladin. And after so many battles and much correspondence and negotiation Richard sent an emissary with an invitation for the two to meet. Saladin responded by telling Richard that he'd grown fond of him watching him in all those battles lead his men and warned him that a king's place was not to lead his men into battle. Still Saladin and Richard had developed a certain mutual affection for one another (Richard was in fact gay but not that kind of affection) and Saladin told him it's better we not meet for I fear we'll befriend one another and then how could we continue to wage war against each other.

Richard understood and thankfully the two would continue the slaughter.

Ketofats

Tedgey i would estimate your iq is at least 120 or more because you come across as very intelligent. For me i'm just at an average of 100, on a great day i'm 110 but that' still average. On a bad day i'm at low 90s which is still average but it's on the borderline of being below average.

When i was in high school i ended up hanging around the "nerds" and going to chess club during lunch break. A few of them were cool enough to have me as a friend and be patient enough to help me with my tough subjects at the time like pre-calculus and chemistry but most of them get very impatient with a guy like me because they're just on like say mensah level.

I can tell that you have a lot of insight, sometimes i don't understand the punchline, etc but i respect the people above me a lot, even the ones in high school who were magna cum laude that always ignored me because i wasn't worth their time one on one, still though, i respected them and looked highly on them a lot.

Tedgey

Tedgey i would estimate your iq is at least 120 or more because you come across as very intelligent. For me i'm just at an average of 100, on a great day i'm 110 but that' still average. On a bad day i'm at low 90s which is still average but it's on the borderline of being below average.

When i was in high school i ended up hanging around the "nerds" and going to chess club during lunch break. A few of them were cool enough to have me as a friend and be patient enough to help me with my tough subjects at the time like pre-calculus and chemistry but most of them get very impatient with a guy like me because they're just on like say mensah level.

I can tell that you have a lot of insight, sometimes i don't understand the punchline, etc but i respect the people above me a lot, even the ones in high school who were magna cum laude that always ignored me because i wasn't worth their time one on one, still though, i respected them and looked highly on them a lot.
Nobody is above or below anybody else here. That's not how it works.

Ketofats

i beg to differ on that tedgey, reason being is that we have a guy on here who has a gun, drives an optimus prime range rover, paid a measly 50 bux to lyft to get all the pings on lyft premier and gets $1000 bux every single night because he can kill you if you don't give him tip.

Holy crap i really gotta bow down to this guy. I will say that he is a genius because he shall not disturb anyone. Why would he worry about anyone else on here when he is making that kind of bank?

Honestly when i think of a guy making a lot of money off uber/lyft in the los angeles area market, i think of the song juicy by big e. Big E according to the song was what, selling drugs to feed his daughter but got damn you for sure need a gun to protect yourself to do that.

Would you report an uber/lyft driver who has a gun? nah don't do it, just let him pass you know. If he was so freakin' bad who can't handle customers, he would have been deactivated by now.

If Big E hated me so much and thought i was a snitch no matter how hard i tried to explain anything to him, i would accept that it might be time for me to die right then and there because suffering is a horrible thing when death might be in the obvious.

Tedgey, i gotta be honest with you, it's about leverage in life. If you can email lyft or uber for that matter and tell them to give you all the pings, more power to you because you can back up your reasons as to why you request doing so. Hell maybe it takes a $100 bribe towards uber to get more pings either way man, a lot of us need to make a living here in los angeles bud.

And if you don't need to get naked in l.a. because you have a few people who can get you a job to pay your rent, that is excellent, you are very lucky because so many people here can't afford that. That's why i give all of you uber drivers the benefit of a doubt. If you were so bad, you would have been done by now.