1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Had my first atheist freak today.

Discussion in 'Other' started by itsablackmarket, Dec 3, 2018.

1. CTK

CTK

Loud posturing for the sake of loud posturing (it can't, after all, be an effort to convert or convince - even a novice debtor understands that calling the opposing view ignorant and ridiculous generally fails to win people over) doesn't offend me personally. However I still don't get the passion here. So many atheists are every bit the zealous evangelicals that the most born again Christian will ever be, and I simply fail to see the point behind it. Why on earth would you care - and care so passionately - what I or any other stranger believes?

2. Kill the Infidel Blaspheme Dog !

Everyone knows Enki genetically engineered the first man
    Adapa.

To worship ( work for ) the gods.

Ahura Mazda !

Amen Ra !

3. bsliv

bsliv

The scientific method can disprove an idea. Maybe I can't prove a rock is hard but I have a fairly high confidence level that a rock is hard. Can I prove reindeer can't fly? No, but pretty confident in that too.

If the age of the religion is important, zoroastrianism should be your highest priority. If popularity is important, there are more non-christians than christians.

Myths have been around for much longer than recorded history. It doesn't mean any of them should be taken seriously.

Nothing supernatural has occurred in the last 13 billion years or so in the entire universe.

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. I can see why you deny the existence of a God. With a bloated all knowing mind like that well, I mean not even someone with a graduate degree in science can tell you. Yea stay out of science. You’d be ridiculed by the scientific community coming in with those ideas and mindsets. Even the great atheist Hawkins and Dawkins would laugh at your scientific illiteracy. Haha I love your rock example though, man you definitely spit in the faces of Descartes and Bacon with that example.

Science cannot disprove or prove anything and that’s final. Not my opinion but an established method of thought accepted by the scientific community. You can think whatever you want but man read up on science before you try and use a branch that I use everyday to try and disprove something else. Now that’s ridiculous at best. Actually you know something. Go on and read an a scientific article. A solid 10-20 pages of science. Read it, and start with the abstract and move on to the intro. And then go on to the methods portions and discussion. Skip the materials part. Afterwards read the ending and tell me anywhere they say proof. Read a couple so you can convince yourself. I’ll hold.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  5. bsliv

bsliv

Can science prove the earth isn't flat? Do you believe the earth is flat? Can we say its a fact the earth isn't flat? Aren't facts true? Isn't being true proof? How twisted are we going to turn words?

6. Yes you can mathematically prove the earth is round. Good ol newton exposed this simple fact when he mathematically derived using calculus what we now know as the laws of gravity. These mathematical equations can be used to prove that the earth is round and can be shown by launching into outer space with the use of science (chemistry and physics). I think you’re mixing up math and science. Science is under the proofs of math. So is physics, chemistry, and biology. For example, let’s say that I find an oncogene KRAS ( cancer causing protein mutation) that has been linked to cancers. I cannot say that I have proof that this protein causes cancer. I can say there is a link between the two or are a comcominant between the two in cancer. You can mathematically prove many things and with the use of science you can give these proofs life. That’s how science works, that’s how science has worked since Galileo’s time and Copernicus time, and that’s how science will continue to work. From math (proofs) you derive physics, from physics you derive chemsitry, from chemistry you derive biology. You cannot derive math from biology. So in your example you cannot biologically prove earth is round. But wait, it’s science? No but it’s not going to prove things. See how science works now? You could have easily learned this from your local library.

I had to look up th name because I forgot it’s name but Mohs scale f hardness is mathematically proven. For example that rock you mentioned, well it’s hard. But let’s take Talc, a rock, but wait talc is soft and used in powder. It’s not hard at all. And mathematically speaking it’s not hard but it’s considered to be a rock mathematically.

SCIENCE!!

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. CTK

CTK

You're still not telling me why you care what I or any other stranger believes in, or why you feel the desperate need to degrade those who do not share your beliefs. You come across as tho people having a belief in God is somehow negatively affecting you, which is bizarre to me.

8. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    I believe in mustard seeds.

9. Aren’t u the guy with the brand new Lemon Camry? And ur atheist.
    [​IMG]

10. TL : DR

I only have a BA in Psychology
    But I can tell u
    If it makes u happy
    Believe it.

Because life is very very short

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. It’s cool. I’ve written so much I don’t mind replying. Especially when people give me the go around about science and how it disproves religion. Man that one irks me. I mean even Neil Degrasse dissaproves people using “science” as a methodology to criticize a higher order power. I respond for one reason and one reason only, people who haven’t read about what they assume to know. It’s like voters who vote uninformed. I believe in science and I believe in Christ. As a scientist and man of faith i can definitely say I feel fulfilled. Believe me, I also educate my Christian counterparts who’s rgue against science and man I eat them up alive. So my respect goes both ways. I agree with your statement though. Hey kudos on the psychology degree. I took some psychology courses and they were some Of the funnest courses I took.

12. Transeau

Transeau

I fail to see the connection.

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. bsliv

bsliv

The earth is flat. Pictures show its flat. We should teach the earth is flat in schools. We should also teach that birth control is murder. We should also teach that the earth is 6000 years old. We shouldn't beat our slaves too hard. Infidels should be removed from the earth. Zombies are real. Horoscopes should be headlines. Its all nonsense.

What would science say about a person walking on water? Stars falling out of the sky? Reincarnation? Zombies?

Science can tell use how fast the earth is spinning on its axis but science can't prove the earth spins on its access. Makes sense to me.

Math is science. Make a hypothesis, perform experiments, collect data, analyze results, come to conclusion.

My hypothesis is 2 + 2 = 5. I take 2 beans, add 2 more beans, count the total amount of beans, hypothesis is proven false. Can a biologist do this? I hope so. A geologist might have a tough time curing cancer. A biologist might have a hard time classifying rock age. So?

Fozzie likes this.
  14. bsliv

bsliv

Wrong Mr All Knowing Scientist. The earth is an oblique sphere. Round is an inaccurate description.

You've made several long posts concerning my blurb, "Its hard to prove how nature works." Perhaps I should have said, "Its hard to explain how nature works." Perhaps science can't prove million of people saw the sun set yesterday but science can say with great certainty that million of people saw the sunset yesterday.

I can't disprove Santa Claus exists. Does that mean Santa Claus exists? Hardly. The myth involves violating laws of nature.

Which is more likely, a teenage Jewish girl lying about having sex or a virgin birth?

Eye witness accounts of an event are a poor source of data as compared to the physical evidence.

15. No to be honest your questions and your statements sound like my 8th grade hypothesis. I still keep my 8th grade work. I’m not all knowing but man some of the things you rationalize are beyond funny. I’m actually showing it to some of my colleagues and they are laughing at it. The things you try and correct me on is what a child tries to correct adults. Actually tony, a jr researcher, actually asked me if he sounded like that when he first started in the lab. I had to tell him the truth. Not a chance. Listen my friend. You don’t have to get a degree in anything. Go out to your local library. Start with pre-algebra and move on up to precalc. From precalc take take calculus 1-3 and then move on up to linear algebra and diff eq. Maybe take some classical mechanics after that which help with the proofs and making mathematical statements (because man after reading your 2+2 statement you’re going to need some). As for your hypothesis and stuff you know what keep thinking you know what science is. But any self respecting scientist would laugh in your face with your elementary questions about Santa Claus. I’ll leave you with this. Science has as much business answering the origin of God as much as it does answering how much your mother loves or doesn’t love you. Good day mate, oh and please after these fundamentals please go out and do some real science instead of just opinionating. Get a B.A/B.S in something easy and maybe a masters before a PhD. No need to start running. I would start easy if I were you. And yes, after 4 years of chem and 5 grueling years of grad school...I kinda know what I’m talking about.

16. sadboy

sadboy

Typical non-believers, love to insult others beliefs. double standards.

I tell you how I respond to those insults in person? I take them on a personal level and those are fighting words.

Don't believe, good for you. Don't insult those who do. Just like I don't insult those who don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  17. bsliv

bsliv

This post reveals your ignorance. I have a degree. I probably earned the degree before you were born. I work in a profession that requires a 4 year degree from an accredited school. I'm an astrophotographer and I've captured galaxies from 700 million light years away with a telescope system that cost me nearly $10,000. I've captured 78 of the 110 Messier objects. Care to dig your hole deeper and make any other unfounded assumptions?

You do good at deflection but you do poor at answering questions. Try my Santa Claus argument. Do you believe in this myth, too? Why or why not?

Read the title of this thread. Are you a religious freak? Did I threaten violence? You want to fight me? lol. Typical. You better be able to draw from a concealed holster and place 2 shots center mass in 1.5 seconds or you're toast. Still wanna fight?

What would you call someone who believes in myths?

Fozzie likes this.
  18. Z129

Z129 Moderator

19. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    The original poster already admit that this wasn't a real story, but it did make one thing blatantly clear...

Regardless of what they may claim to believe, the most aggressive, dare I say violent, posters are actually those who "believe."

upload_2018-12-6_11-28-23.jpeg

20. sadboy

sadboy

No sir, I'm not a violent man.
    Actually I'm your typical man, I mind my own business and kept to myself.

My point is that I care not what others believe or not. However if someone does insult me in person, than I respond in kind..

Many "men" think it's fine to insult others and are surprised when they get a reaction.

Hence, dont start ish and we will be fine.
    Those who bark dont bites and those that dont bark are the ones who do bite, understand.