1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Had my first atheist freak today.

Discussion in 'Other' started by itsablackmarket, Dec 3, 2018.

1. He tried to tell me there's no God and I should just kill myself. What a weirdo.

2. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner

Driving:
    UberX
    There is no God but there's no reason to kill yourself over that reality.

3. There is a God and you shouldn’t kill your self. Atheist also have faith, just not in the creator. Poor soul.

4. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    What's wrong with not believing? If you can't see it or feel it, and there's no scientific proof, why would I believe in such an entity?

I can't see or feel Santa Claus. Does that make him real?

2o6lol.jpg

5. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe that I am, or should be, a millionaire. However, that does not pay the bills or get me any of the sugar babies that I deserve!
    Believing in nonsense is nonsense. Believing there is a green car in the parking spot is nonsense. However, believing that there is a green car in that parking spot is exactly the same as believing in God. As they said in the movie "The Santa Clause" (AWESOME), Seeing is not believing, believing is seeing"!

6. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Didn't hear the whole story but from what I read so far

He is an ahole that happens to be am atheist

7. You misunderstood him.
    He meant: you’re an uber driver and should kill yourself
    Be4 uber corporate does because that’s G-D’s plan

Jinxstone and itsablackmarket like this.
  8. I have had some nutcases in my car too. They hear me start talking about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, and they go nuts. Fortunately, most people
    are not like that.

9. Just so everyone knows, this didn't really happen, it was in response to an annoying thread that keeps getting bumped in the Houston forum.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  10. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    SP GOTH.jpg

I though Dara was god. Sure it wasn't this guy ?

11. CTK

CTK

While I agree that you are 100% entitled to your beliefs and opinions, I fail to see the need to insult those of others.

12. A message from G-D

13. bsliv

bsliv

Not all beliefs are equal. In fact, some beliefs are ridiculous and should be exposed as such.

14. Exposing? I’m sorry but that sounds ridiculous in itself. I hope you’re aware that over 5 billion people around the globe believe in a higher order power. 40% percent of scientists, myself included, believe in a God. I believe in love yet I don’t see it, and if it’s a random mixture of chemicals then I should be able to create a machine douse it with dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone) and should get the same results. Yet I don’t because humans are mind, spirit, and body. So yeah I’d appreciate it if you’d stop trying to “expose” anything about the spirituality of others or myself by supporting others who insult people’s spiritual beliefs.

15. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

“There is no god and you should kill yourself” just sounds like a nutball and maybe not even an actual atheist but a troll

Yooper likes this.
  16. Transeau

Transeau

I am an atheist.
    I have never and will never tell anyone that they should not believe what they believe, that is not my place.
    I have faith, just not in what you do.
    Where you may see "God" or "Allah" or ..... I see Fermions, Quarks, Leptons, and Bosons.
    Where you see the Bible or Torah or Qur'an, I see equations.

My faith works for me, your faith works for you.

I have always been very open about my beliefs, and I am always willing to have a theological debate, as long as the "religious" side of the debate is well educated in their religion's theology and dogma. I have always stated that I refuse to have a debate with an unarmed opponent.

17. bsliv

bsliv

If one says something ridiculous they should expect to be ridiculed. If it offends you, oh well. Realizing one has devoted a large amount of time in a fantasy can be tough to take. It can be a bitter pill. The truth may hurt, temporarily. But when one attempts to understand the wonders of nature, it puts human imagination to shame.

Popular makes right? No. Of those 5 billion, how many agree you chose the right god? Of those that agree with you, how many agree on the specifics?

Why is there a positive correlation between education and religion (more of one means less of the other)?

Its easy to say god works in mysterious ways. Its hard to prove how nature works. But we're doing it. Gods were created to explain the unknown. We've greatly reduced the unknown. Gods have been reduced to the margins. The margins are nearly gone.

How would you deal with someone who professes a belief in a flat earth, Zeus or Santa Claus? How would you feel if they wanted to spread there belief?

Do you believe in all the thousands of gods people have made up or just your special god?

18. I have heard and seen many stories of some Aliens that have play God with the human genegnome, but have not personally met one.

19. CTK

CTK

I'm always amazed by how passionate atheists are! What's it to you what other people believe in? Why does the idea of God make you so angry??

You're going out of your way to be offensive here to a lot of people. I don't get why you'd bother.

20. No, it doesn’t offend me if you say “I don’t believe in God.” What does offend me is when you say “you’re stupid if you believe in God.” See one is an insult and the other is an opinion. Correlation does not mean causation, thus you can’t say that because there is a correlation between a rise in education it must be because they don’t believe in God or vice versa. It could be because educated people read so many other books they don’t have time to read their bible. That’s statistics 101. I’m not a statistician but on my way to my grad degree before I took differential equations, linear algebra, and classical mechanics one had to know the principals of statistics. I did not use the reasoning that because most agree with me that it must mean I’m right, but I did use the number in order to allow your mind to see the amount of people you insulted. But you conveniently used the amount of educated people to try and show me that there is a correlation between education and belief. Major flaw in statistics and your argument.

I don’t use God as a means to explain mysterious things. The universe at its current state of Entropy is infinite. Yet you say that we’ve marginalized how nature works? Because we’ve seen some light years away in an infinite universe we’ve figured everything out? Now I know you don’t have a shred of scientific knowledge. But what really showed me your formal education on science is the misuse of the basic principal of Francis’ bacon and Renee Descartes Scientific method. As a scientist I use it daily to examine and make inferences about protein level production in specific metastasized cancers. The scientific method is not used to PROVE or DISPROVE anything. Its tool meant to make INFERENCES and analyze the world around us. And that’s made clear in the general science courses and in reading the method yourself. If in my dissertation I was to write anything about PROVING anything, then I would get tremendous heat from the NIH and my professor would probably lose his funding. Because never in scientific history has anyone been allowed to write proofs. Proofs only exist in the mathematical world my friend which is why my university mandates you take a course on axioms and proofs as a grad student. If you’ve done science and not just read some pseudo 1 page article about science you’d have known this. But I am willing to bet that you’ve never even read a true scientific article from an accredited scientific journal. Ask me I’ve done science since my undergrad in Chemsitry and now finishing my grad in Biochemstry/human genetics.

Yes I believe in the God of Abraham. A belief that has held strong for over 5000 years, whose history extends even before the use of a written language. You weren’t even a thought into the minds of man before the establishment of the belief. See how little we truly are? The scripture is more than enough for me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Another Uber Driver likes this.