• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Had another driver as pax today.

rallias

So... I had a passenger today, picked them up right infront of a police car (cops were perfectly happy looking at their laptop, were parked in the bidirectional turn lane). They wanted to add a stop, which is OK with me, I start telling them how to add it in the app...

DWEEP DWOOP

"Are you in the driver app or the passenger app?"

That explains why it was a pain to guide them through finding the add a stop function.

ANT 7

LOL.........I've never had an UBER driver as a pax.......but I have been a pax while an UBER drive many a time.

I'd say 90% of the UBER driver's in my market know absolutely SFA about how either app works. They are truly human versions of SDC's........dumb and useless as a bag full of hammers.

tohunt4me

I've had at least four drivers as riders. Who knows how many who never announced it. I don't announce it when I'm riding.
I had 1 tip me with $2.00 in quarters.
Have had many drivers as passengers.

Most recent have been giving rides to repair shop

To pick up their vehicles after Expensive Repairs !

UberLyftFlexWhatever

I’ve been a pax a few times. mostly Lyft
I’m Always surprised how nice & happy the drivers are.
Nothing like the UP victim crowd. Booo Whooo.

I was also shuffled once by an uber driver (and refunded the cancel fee upon demand)

Last edited:

TXqwi3812

LOL.........I've never had an UBER driver as a pax.......but I have been a pax while an UBER drive many a time.

I'd say 90% of the UBER driver's in my market know absolutely SFA about how either app works. They are truly human versions of SDC's........dumb and useless as a bag full of hammers.
I am surprised given all the training UBER provides.

Juggalo9er

I had 1 tip me with $2.00 in quarters.
Have had many drivers as passengers.

Most recent have been giving rides to repair shop

To pick up their vehicles after Expensive Repairs !
Why would anyone pay someone else to fix their vehicle..... absolutely no reason

Merc7186

It depends on what needs to be done....brakes, no problem....transmission going, here you go Mr Mechanic.

I always tell the Mechanic that I will tip them in the app when I get my keys...I swear, Im good for it.

BigRedDriver

Can’t say if I’ve had a driver, but after I got a ping, I got a text saying he was a driver and I was picking up his parents from a Drs. Appointment.

Nice folks, she needed help up to the door and he was kind of frail so I got her up the door

The other driver 5*, made a nice comment and a $4 tip.

Juggalo9er

OK Mr Tool Time Juggalo9er
You’re the man

So having the ability to read a Haynes manual makes me the man.... gotcha

On the other hand, it must bake someone else completely unable to function as human being, you know not being able to read and all

It depends on what needs to be done....brakes, no problem....transmission going, here you go Mr Mechanic.

I always tell the Mechanic that I will tip them in the app when I get my keys...I swear, Im good for it.
Its not that hard to replace a transmission

BigRedDriver

On the other hand, it must bake someone else completely unable to function as human being, you know not being able to read and all

I get a kick out of folks looking for cheap oil changes and brake pads. Two incredibly easy things and saves a boatload of cash. YouTube em and save.

RaleighUber

I get a kick out of folks looking for cheap oil changes and brake pads. Two incredibly easy things and saves a boatload of cash. YouTube em and save.
I get oil change for $19.99 with coupon. I can't buy the filter and 5 quarts of oil for that in this area.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

It’s not about reading
It’s the TOOLS
You got the tools dude