• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Had a terrible time with app tonight

Jack Malarkey

I had a terrible time with the Uber driver app tonight (Thursday 31 August) at about 7.30 pm on my IPhone.

I was in the middle of an UberEATS delivery when it all went pear-faced. I had just collected the food and went to commence the delivery trip.

The app went haywire and wouldn't reveal the delivery address. Nor would it allow me to contact the diner.

I started driving (not even knowing the direction needed) in the vain hope of its rectifying itself.

I knew the diner's first name and the first letter of her surname but nothing else.

I phoned the UberEATS helpline on 1800 861 723 and found myself talking to someone in the Philippines. He too couldn't locate the delivery address.

He was, however, able to phone the diner and ask her where she wanted the food delivered. He then came back to me and told me the address. He gave the suburb as 'Action' but I worked out it was in fact 'Acton'.

He asked the diner to wait outside until I arrived as I would have no way of phoning or texting her.

I then proceeded to drive to a university hall of residence in Daley Road at ANU where I found one very cold young woman patiently awaiting my arrival. She was far more pleasant than I had expected her to be.

I was then able to finish the trip on the app.

I then had four pings in rapid succession, none of which could I accept despite my best endeavours.

I decided to call it a night and headed home earlier than planned.

There's a similar thread in the Adelaide forum: https://uberpeople.net/threads/driver-app-problems.198183/.

And in the Melbourne forum: https://uberpeople.net/threads/problems-with-the-app-tonight.198187/#post-2959075.

And in Sydney: https://uberpeople.net/threads/anyone-else-having-app-issues.198177/.

Last edited:

NHB

I started at 0130, issues for the last two and half hours. Unable to accept trips since it lags out, the connection seems to be atrocious today. Takes up to minute to go online, my phone connection is full bars 4G with no other issues. Took a few minutes to end a couple of trips as well.
A pax wasn't able to change their location of pickup apparently either which made me do a bit of a run around. Other pax were complaining that drivers would cancel on them without contacting them. Seems to be that something is off tonight. Would say a server issue with Uber as mentioned in the other threads.

Jack Malarkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I started at 0130, issues for the last two and half hours. Unable to accept trips since it lags out, the connection seems to be atrocious today. Takes up to minute to go online, my phone connection is full bars 4G with no other issues. Took a few minutes to end a couple of trips as well.
A pax wasn't able to change their location of pickup apparently either which made me do a bit of a run around. Other pax were complaining that drivers would cancel on them without contacting them. Seems to be that something is off tonight. Would say a server issue with Uber as mentioned in the other threads.
NHB, are you with Optus? The posts in the other cities are suggesting it's an Optus problem.

Bampot

I went home at 8 on Fri night after a further 2 jobs in a row would not work. Went online at 9.30 and two more would not work so gave up.

So...now it is Saturday...anything to report? Still the same, better....?

NHB

I went home at 8 on Fri night after a further 2 jobs in a row would not work. Went online at 9.30 and two more would not work so gave up.

So...now it is Saturday...anything to report? Still the same, better....?
I think for most part it's workable now, still a slight lag but nothing like it was Friday evening/Saturday morning.

NHB

How's the app going for everyone? It's gotten worse since the morning, can take a few minutes to login again. Pretty annoying. There's a large lag on the Uber pax app as well, could mean less jobs if pax get frustrated.

Who is John Galt?

I had a terrible time with the Uber driver app tonight (Thursday 31 August) at about 7.30 pm on my IPhone.

I then proceeded to drive to a university hall of residence in Daley Road at ANU where I found one very cold young woman patiently awaiting my arrival. She was far more pleasant than I had expected her to be.
Nice. :smiles::smiles:
Once again, Jack delivers :biggrin:

Raider82

I have had no issues with the app, and being on Optus I thought I might, but it's been smooth sailing for me.

Pax have reported issues with drivers having the app cancel a job though - one told me that a driver had turned up and the app cancelled the job with no intervention from either driver or rider. He tried to book the job again but the driver couldn't accept it and then it went to me.

Had a rather good night, with a final tally of $210 after Uber's cut in just 4 hours.