Had a guy arrested tonight, over $22.40 can’t believe it

Stevie The magic Unicorn

So at 1:30 am I picked this dude up at a closed restataunt and he was going to the airport.

OK... way too early, that’s weird...

Get him out to the airport meter is at $22.40

“$22.40 sir”

“I can’t pay” he says as he gets out.

“$22.40 SIR”

“I’m not paying” he replies.

I jump up and down wave my arms to the cop parked on the curb behind me and shout police (he’s about 4-5 empty spaces behind me) his headlights come on and his car lurches forward and breaks loud enough to squeal. Stopping right behind me.

“What’s going on Steve?” He asks.

(I work for TSA FULL time and run into this deputy ALL the time.)

“That guy in the black hoodie with the backpack took off without paying” I tell him pointing at me he guy.

“Don’t move, can’t get you towed” he says as he quickly enters the building.

5 minutes later he comes out.

“Please, pay the gentlemen before we have to spend god only knows how much time filling out paperwork”

“I can’t pay” le paxhole tells him.

“Brother, this is the easy way. I know Stevie, he’s going to let it slide if you pay up.” The cop tells him.

“For the last time I’m not paying, and your not going to arrest me over $20” le paxhole tells the cop”.

“I’m going to put you in the back or my cruiser while I talk to Stevie” the cop tells le paxhole.

Cop comes back.

“Stevie, it’s up to you”

“It’s almost 2:00 and I can’t make it downtown for bar closing at this point. Not a whole lot of business until probably after 4:00” I explain.

“There’s a few more flights coming in?” He suggests.

“Nope can’t queue in the airport with this car” I reply.

“Alright paperwork it is” the cop tells me. He walks back to his cruiser and comes back with a statement form.

I spend the next 20 minutes filling out the paperwork.

He motions for me to follow him. He rolls down the window.

“Hey buddy, last chance before he drives off” the cop offers”

“You crackers don’t scare me, your not taking me to jail” (as he’s cuffed and in the back seat of the cruiser)

UberSFDriver2016

I call BS. There's no way in the world this cop gave this paxhole 3 chances to pay up. Tell the truth, it turned into something like Die Hard II and you guys chased him around the airport to find out he was a terrorist and you guys foiled their plans to take over ATC. By the way, awesome how you decided to have this paxhole taken in and not wave off $20. It's definitely the principle of the matter. Also, kudos to the cop.

Another Uber Driver

I call BS. There's no way in the world this cop gave this paxhole 3 chances to pay up.

I have been through similar with the police. They will give the farebeat several chances to pay.

The last one that I had was a dumping job. The guy was so blott0-ed that he could not give me his correct address and would not show his ID. I took him to the police, who got his ID and saw where he lived. I then asked him if he had any money. He balked at that, so the police asked him. He gave the police a load of garbage. They asked him several times. He continued to balk. Finally, they decided to take him out of the cab. At that point, he took a swing at the police. GAME OVER, Jack! Another occifer opened the other door, one pushed, one pulled, down on the ground, hands behind back, cuffed and jerked up hard.

The police told me that there was a Magistrate inside and I could swear out a warrant. I did let it go, because this guy was in enough trouble as it was. Assaulting a Peace Officer? .................bad idea, no bueno, pas tiguidou...............

In fact, of late, the police will not put anyone into your cab before they make sure that he has either cash or a credit card.

peteyvavs

So at 1:30 am I picked this dude up at a closed restataunt and he was going to the airport.

“$22.40 sir”

“$22.40 SIR”

I jump up and down wave my arms to the cop parked on the curb behind me and shout police (he’s about 4-5 empty spaces behind me) his headlights come on and his car lurches forward and breaks loud enough to squeal. Stopping right behind me.

“That guy in the black hoodie with the backpack took off without paying” I tell him pointing at me he guy.

“Please, pay the gentlemen before we have to spend god only knows how much time filling out paperwork”

“Brother, this is the easy way. I know Stevie, he’s going to let it slide if you pay up.” The cop tells him.

“For the last time I’m not paying, and your not going to arrest me over $20” le paxhole tells the cop”.

“I’m going to put you in the back or my cruiser while I talk to Stevie” the cop tells le paxhole.

Cop comes back.

“Stevie, it’s up to you”

“It’s almost 2:00 and I can’t make it downtown for bar closing at this point. Not a whole lot of business until probably after 4:00” I explain.

“Alright paperwork it is” the cop tells me. He walks back to his cruiser and comes back with a statement form.

“You crackers don’t scare me, your not taking me to jail” (as he’s cuffed and in the back seat of the cruiser)
Bull 💩 story

Another Uber Driver

Taxis will ultimately die out.

Perhaps they will in Jacksonville, Florida, but not everywhere else.

In the Capital of Your Nation, people still use cabs. In fact, on many of the short and mediocre trips, there is not much difference between UberX and cab rates. In some cases, the cab is less expensive. If there is even a mild surge (where the customer pays a multiplier, but the driver gets base rates, only), the cab costs less. If there is a serious surge (1,7 or greater), even on the long trips, the cab is less or about the same. Once the surge hits 1,9, you are paying far more to Uber than you would to a cab driver.. This might explain why Uber offers taxis, here. From the neighbourhoods and districts to which the visitors come and stay, the cab can meet or beat the UberX base rate to National Airport (our principal airport).

Original Poster's market, Orlando, Florida, is the one market in the U.S. of A. where the cabs are still getting more business than are Uber/Lyft. Uber finally had to launch Uber Taxi there to get the visitors' dollars. I do find it curious that the cab drivers there get a pretty bad deal from Uber on Uber Taxi. We get a good one, here. Uber charges the Uber Taxi user a two dollar user fee. We get the whole meter, plus whatever tip the customer gives, if he gives one. The two dollar user fee is no big deal, here, as it has cost extra to call a cab here since the 1920s. The current charge for calling a cab here is two dollars. Further, Uber Taxi pays Monday through Friday, unless there is holiday.

Bull 💩 story
It actually is plausible. This sort of nonsense happens all the time. All of you posters who are calling Beta Sigma on this story are only demonstrating how little you TNC drivers know about this business..............and the posters here are those who actually know the "most"..........I shudder to think of how little the ants know..................................

Boca Ratman

I don't think his story is BS as this probably happens on a daily basis in the Taxi World. I only call it BS bec I believe the story is bigger and Steve pulled a McClain and saved the world. Yiippy-Ky-Aye, Mother Trucker!
I wouldn't call bs because of this. Steve is being modest.

Besides, what super hero goes around bragging about their good deeds?

UberSFDriver2016

Good thing people pay Uber before they get in my car. This is why Taxis will ultimately die out. You’re out that money either way.
Taxis will die out maybe in the next 20-30 years. There's still a generation of people between the ages of 40-80 years old who still think of Taxis above Rideshare. For one, it's an absolute crap shoot on what kind of Driver they get with Uber or Lyft. They might get that unemployed housewife that has zero idea of how to operate a GPS efficiently and/or can't talk and drive at the same time. I had an Uber in Vegas (as a Rider) and this lady couldn't talk and figure out which way to turn at the same time. She'd start the conversation and then say, "Hold on a sec, have to figure out what my GPS is saying, wait, don't talk, no noise, hold on." Holy Cow! Just look at the colored line of which way to turn, it's either Left or Right, definitely can't be Up or Down. Then it got even cheesier when she handed my friend her Real Estate Agent business card in case we were looking for a home in Vegas.

In SF, taxis are still plentiful but eventually when the Millennials are in their 40's on up, the rest of old folk will either be too feeble to figure out where to be taken or dead. That's when Taxis will die a slow death.

Roadmasta

I had a crackhead couple arrested about 30 years ago after taking them in a taxi. I wasted about 30 minutes of my time on principal. The cop asked me to show up in court but I didn't bother. I was satisfied seeing them arrested.

UberSFDriver2016

I had a crackhead couple arrested about 30 years ago after taking them in a taxi. I wasted about 30 minutes of my time on principal. The cop asked me to show up in court but I didn't bother. I was satisfied seeing them arrested.
That's the best kind. Them getting arrested gave you last word. In a way, them getting cuffed made it worth the cost of the fare. You're probably not as cold as me, but I would've been laughing and pointing at them while they sat in the back. Then I would've made gestures of enjoying Freedom.

tohunt4me

“$22.40 sir”

“$22.40 SIR”

Cop comes back.

“Stevie, it’s up to you”

Real Life does NOT REWARD LIARS & CHEATS.

ONLY UBER.

ONLY UBER PUNISHES HARD WORK & DEACTIVATES DRIVERS UPON THE WORD OF LIARS.

PUNKS GO TO JAIL.
NOT GET FREE RIDES.

WindyCityAnt

Cans cant tap water from a dry well either way arrest or not.

Even if pax scammed Uber with a stolen credit card, we still get paid.

Thats Ubers fault for letting fraud things like this happen. Nothing to do with the driver.
Post automatically merged:

Cabs*

FormerTaxiDriver♧

“$22.40 sir”

“$22.40 SIR”

Cop comes back.

“Stevie, it’s up to you”

Busted picture, or it didn't happen! Lol.
Post automatically merged:

“$22.40 sir”

“$22.40 SIR”

Cop comes back.

“Stevie, it’s up to you”

Busted picture, or it didn't happen! Lol.