Guys Kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike887

I'm not homophobic, at least I think I'm not, but for the first time two guys kissed in my car last night and I didn't like it!

I didn't think it would bother me but it did and that's all I could think about through-out the rest of the ride.

My thoughts swung from 'why would they do that', 'get a room' to 'I want to kick them out'.

I quickly drove them to their destination, (8 min ride).

Do I need a 'No Kissing Sign'?

What would you have done?

MD138

I'm not homophobic, at least I think I'm not, but for the first time two guys kissed in my car last night and I didn't like it!

I didn't think it would bother me but it did and that's all I could think about through-out the rest of the ride.

My thoughts swung from 'why would they do that', 'get a room' to 'I want to kick them out'.

Then you obviously have a problem with your own sexuality.

It's 2016, get used to it.

Uguy22

This is now the law of the land: if you accept a guy kissing a girl then you must accept 2 dudes or 2 girls kissing.
I am from Europe and over there it is legal since the nineties. Victorian era is long passed...

MD138

you're working in a major metropolitan city in America. if this bothers you, you need to either ignore it, learn to deal with it, or move to the Bible Belt or some Muslim country where they burn and kill gay people.

Kuber

It's OK to feel weird when two guys- or two girls or a man and woman- kiss. PDA affects everyone differently. As to what you can do... If you start berating people your ratings will suffer, and if you are vocal in a way that suggests you are discriminating you could be found to be violating Uber's anti discrimination policy. Bottom line, though- it's your car and if you just say "hey this is making me uncomfortable", perhaps the riders will stop (whatever they're doing that is making you uncomfortable). But don't expect them to be happy about it.

75drive

It does sound very traumatic! For someone that has lived in a @@@@ing bubble their entire life! Are you @@@@ing serious? A kiss really? Very risqué! Would you have been as traumatized if it were a guy & girl or what about two women? Have you every kissed someone in public? If so did you stop to think how it might make someone else feel uncomfortable? If that's the worst thing that you encounter driving count yourself lucky! FYI every bigot makes a proclamation that they're not a bigot just before they go into tbeir bigoted rant or in your case sharing your horrific tale! Anyway I wish you the best and speedy recovery!

75drive

It's OK to feel weird when two guys- or two girls or a man and woman- kiss. PDA affects everyone differently. As to what you can do... If you start berating people your ratings will suffer, and if you are vocal in a way that suggests you are discriminating you could be found to be violating Uber's anti discrimination policy. Bottom line, though- it's your car and if you just say "hey this is making me uncomfortable", perhaps the riders will stop (whatever they're doing that is making you uncomfortable). But don't expect them to be happy about it.
You're absolutely right! Public displays of affection can make a person feel uncomfortable and that's fine as long as the same standard is applied to all people!

Jaydawg

I can't believe they would have been so rude! I don't know what's up with these other posters saying it's acceptable, you need to "deal with it", etc. I've completed over 1000 rides and I haven't had anyone kiss in my backseat. Maybe there are parts of the city where kissing in public is acceptable and those drivers don't mind, but publicly acting like a couple of 14-year-olds is always unacceptable for adults in my vehicle.

What to do next time:
If it's a peck on the lips, that's one thing. But if it's a full-on make out, I would have politely asked them to hold off on private activity until they are actually in private. You have a right not to be sexually harassed. People flashing and/or making inappropriate comments gets the boot in my book. Some people are not well-mannered and they're sincerely oblivious to other people's feelings. If it was an honest mistake, it deserves a polite response. If they continue to act inappropriately, only then would I give them a warning. Any sober adult would stop that behavior immediately. It's your private vehicle, so you get to set the standards of decency in your own car. Ignore what these other posters are saying about forcing you to accept their views on life.

75drive

I can't believe they would have been so rude! I don't know what's up with these other posters saying it's acceptable, you need to "deal with it", etc. I've completed over 1000 rides and I haven't had anyone kiss in my backseat. Maybe there are parts of the city where kissing in public is acceptable and those drivers don't mind, but publicly acting like a couple of 14-year-olds is always unacceptable for adults in my vehicle.

What to do next time:
If it's a peck on the lips, that's one thing. But if it's a full-on make out, I would have politely asked them to hold off on private activity until they are actually in private. You have a right not to be sexually harassed. People flashing and/or making inappropriate comments gets the boot in my book. Some people are not well-mannered and they're sincerely oblivious to other people's feelings. If it was an honest mistake, it deserves a polite response. If they continue to act inappropriately, only then would I give them a warning. Any sober adult would stop that behavior immediately. It's your private vehicle, so you get to set the standards of decency in your own car. Ignore what these other posters are saying about forcing you to accept their views on life.
You know after reading your post I feel ashamed for chastising Mike! He is the victim in this heinous crime against humanity! These Gays should be dealt swift justice! Oops! Am I allowed to use the word gays? Anyway as I was saying you're right it is his car and he makes the rules! Oh wait I @@@@ed up again! The legislature makes the rules! They're called laws! I realize it sucks but if you're in the transportation industry unfortunately the law says you can't discriminate. I realize it's unfair that we must transport people of color, those people that cross the border down yonder by that there river, Jews but the @@@@ing gays that's ludicrous! My advice would be to retain a top tier lawyer and sue these fags for emotional distress, lost wages being you're gonna need therapy, depression (no doubt it'll set in after the shock wears off) loss of self worth being you may never be able to return the prestigious position of Uber driver! So I apologize! I was wrong! I now support all forms of bigotry! @@@@ them all!

HOOSIERGAL

You know after reading your post I feel ashamed for chastising Mike! He is the victim in this heinous crime against humanity! These Gays should be dealt swift justice! Oops! Am I allowed to use the word gays? Anyway as I was saying you're right it is his car and he makes the rules! Oh wait I &%[email protected]!*ed up again! The legislature makes the rules! They're called laws! I realize it sucks but if you're in the transportation industry unfortunately the law says you can't discriminate. I realize it's unfair that we must transport people of color, those people that cross the border down yonder by that there river, Jews but the &%[email protected]!*ing gays that's ludicrous! My advice would be to retain a top tier lawyer and sue these fags for emotional distress, lost wages being you're gonna need therapy, depression (no doubt it'll set in after the shock wears off) loss of self worth being you may never be able to return the prestigious position of Uber driver! So I apologize! I was wrong! I now support all forms of bigotry! &%[email protected]!* them all!
He allowed them in his car in the first place.....

Status
Not open for further replies.