• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Guy name BARRETT that lives on Union street

Schmance

complete @@@@@@ bag marina dude found keys in my backseat. I told him I'd quickly pop them by a restaurant a block & half block away to the passenger before him (you guys know what a pain in the butt it is to return lost items later). Anyway- He was completely bent out of shape and moaned and groaned telling me he's late for work... that please do it AFTER I drop him off (at 555 California). I just agreed cuz I didn't have the energy to argue with him.

Then of course he started moaning and groaning AGAIN when we hit traffic cuz poor fella was late. I tried To explain my routing, that it was rush hour- he rudely shushed me and told me he was on a work call. SO EFFING RUDE, this guy! Don't pick him up!

BoboBig

complete ****** bag marina dude found keys in my backseat. I told him I'd quickly pop them by a restaurant a block & half block away to the passenger before him (you guys know what a pain in the butt it is to return lost items later). Anyway- He was completely bent out of shape and moaned and groaned telling me he's late for work... that please do it AFTER I drop him off (at 555 California). I just agreed cuz I didn't have the energy to argue with him.

Then of course he started moaning and groaning AGAIN when we hit traffic cuz poor fella was late. I tried To explain my routing, that it was rush hour- he rudely shushed me and told me he was on a work call. SO EFFING RUDE, this guy! Don't pick him up!
There's a hundred more where he comes from..

Greenie

There's a hundred more where he comes from..
Lol you must be new because I've counted way way more then that.

Here are some example
Pax orders pools and get mad you're picking up more pax because they're late.
Ask you why you've been behind the same car for last 10 minute while in traffic.
Gives you a 'better route' then navi then blames you for taking the longer route and being late.
Ask you why the navi is taking you on all the routes that have traffic.
Ask you why you aren't using Waze or Google vice Versa ( sorry no way of winning that one).
Demands you not pick up next pax in the pool.
Makes you bust a u-turn on small residential street bc they don't want to cross the street.
Complains in feedback about the smell of the other pax and rates you bad.
Your fault they dropped the pin in wrong location.
Why you won't take them to a different location on a pool.
Ask if you can turn of the surge on the ride they just requested (of coarse we can).
Mad they accidentally ordered pool (yeah right).

List goes on, feel free to add any good one I might have forgotten.

Schmance

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here are some example
Ask you why you've been behind the same car for last 10 minute while in traffic.
Gives you a 'better route' then navi then blames you for taking the longer route and being late.
Ask you why you aren't using Waze or Google vice Versa ( sorry no way of winning that one).
Makes you bust a u-turn on small residential street bc they don't want to cross the street.
Ask if you can turn of the surge on the ride they just requested (of coarse we can).

Lol, I've been driving a little over a year.

I've seen all the scenarios you listed, yes. This was particularly bad bc he wouldnt let me take 1 minute of his precious time to return another persons item. Now I have to go out of my way to get the keys to this lady. I have crappy pax regularly, but this dude was particularly the WORST kind and I just wanted to warn ppl. You're welcome ;-)

Strange Fruit

Lol, I've been driving a little over a year.

I've seen all the scenarios you listed, yes. This was particularly bad bc he wouldnt let me take 1 minute of his precious time to return another persons item. Now I have to go out of my way to get the keys to this lady. I have crappy pax regularly, but this dude was particularly the WORST kind and I just wanted to warn ppl. You're welcome ;-)
You mean the current pax was late to work, not the keys guy?! I'd be mad if you interrupted my ride to return someone else's stuff too. That guy can get his keys whenever yr free and he comes and gets them, not during someone else's ride, much less ur own time. And ur at work so ur busy and can't return keys right now. Because ur a push over Barret had to spend more time in the car going to return some guy's keys.

social_lubericant

Here are some example

You really give in to this demand? I just say, "Are you gonna pay the $300 for the fine and hassle?" If by some chance they say yes, cash up front.

Tncluber

Here are some example

You are behind on the times.

If a pax makes any of those comments, i just pull over and tell them to request another ride.

If I'm being harassed i have the right to end the ride. It's in the policy.

Schmance

You mean the current pax was late to work, not the keys guy?! I'd be mad if you interrupted my ride to return someone else's stuff too. That guy can get his keys whenever yr free and he comes and gets them, not during someone else's ride, much less ur own time. And ur at work so ur busy and can't return keys right now. Because ur a push over Barret had to spend more time in the car going to return some guy's keys.
I just asked him it was ok (I didn't argue w him as I explained). It was on the way a block away. It was his reaction that was rude and his behavior on the way. The dude was a prick is all.

Jeeze - I go on here for a lil moral support and all get a bunch of criticism. So much negativity on this forum! Sometimes you just need to be heard by others that have to deal w the same s***.

vladi

I just asked him it was ok (I didn't argue w him as I explained). It was on the way a block away. It was his reaction that was rude and his behavior on the way. The dude was a prick is all.

Jeeze - I go on here for a lil moral support and all get a bunch of criticism. So much negativity on this forum! Sometimes you just need to be heard by others that have to deal w the same s***.
It's not negativity, this is common sense , which most of uber drivers seems to lack!! As a pax, I don't want to pay for someone's stupidity during my ride! Don't get me wrong, this guy lives in marina so this is automatic symptom of being a complete and utter tool! But still why you pick up the jerk if you need to drop keys first?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tncluber

complete ****** bag marina dude found keys in my backseat. I told him I'd quickly pop them by a restaurant a block & half block away to the passenger before him (you guys know what a pain in the butt it is to return lost items later). Anyway- He was completely bent out of shape and moaned and groaned telling me he's late for work... that please do it AFTER I drop him off (at 555 California). I just agreed cuz I didn't have the energy to argue with him.

I would've never have found those keys. And i definitely would never return them to the pax.

If you must be a goodie about it, then next time follow this procedure.

Do not accept any phone calls or text from pax. When pax loses something just email uber and tell them you do not wish to contact pax ever.

Uber will give you 2 options. On your own time you can drop off item at greenlight hub or they will send you a prepaid envelope that you can put the item in on your time.

I usually have time to return the item via envelope about 2 months after incident.

Strange Fruit

BARRET.......blacklisted.
When he said he's late for work, did you tell him you're still at work?

Schmance

It's not negativity, this is common sense , which most of uber drivers seems to lack!! As a pax, I don't want to pay for someone's stupidity during my ride! Don't get me wrong, this guy lives in marina so this is automatic symptom of being a complete and utter tool! But still why you pick up the jerk if you need to drop keys first?
The pax found the keys when he got in. I had just dropped the previous passenger off, within minutes before. They likely wouldn't have even been seated if a quickly ran them in.

Anyway- the point is that he was a rude A hole

DeadwoodCity

4.6 and you picked him up anyway? I guess "warnings" do no good. You deserve kudos for wanting to get the pax their keys. Did they get picked up or did the restaurant junk them?

Schmance

They are still in my purse, haven't heard from pax. I'm not gonna go out of my way to get them returned.

5070bolo

Sometimes if i feel a passenger was treating me with no respect or being rude.. 1 star doesnt do it for me.. I report them as an unpleasant Rider so they realize they need to treat drivers with Respect as we do to our passengers... I dont do it just for me but for all you guys in the future... But in this case if i was running late id be mad if the driver asked to go drop off keys... Thats definately not Professional Service...

Schmance

Sometimes if i feel a passenger was treating me with no respect or being rude.. 1 star doesnt do it for me.. I report them as an unpleasant Rider so they realize they need to treat drivers with Respect as we do to our passengers... I dont do it just for me but for all you guys in the future... But in this case if i was running late id be mad if the driver asked to go drop off keys... Thats definately not Professional Service...
Again, I only asked if he was ok with me popping them by (which was right on the way, a very short distance.) He could've respectfully said no he was late, and I would've understood. But he was rude and continued to be so throughout the ride.

Tncluber

They are still in my purse, haven't heard from pax. I'm not gonna go out of my way to get them returned.
You didn't return the keys yet?

Email uber and tell them you do not wish to contact the passenger ever again.

Uber will send you a prepaid envelope. And just return them that way.

Wait. I Just realized i read this whole thing wrong.

Nevermind.

I'm off this thread.