• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Guy missed his bus !

Heema

I had seen on one of these forums that if you can't pick up trips on a ride back, all tolls are reimbursed. Thanks for posting an update, nice trip.

Depending on the time of pick up, as a part-timer I may have declined the trip after being told the destination. I've got a day job and can't easily do a 6 hour round tripper. Not going to let Uber impact where my bread is buttered. Glad the pax realized you were doing him a favor and tipped.
I would've declined it too because I gotta be at work 3 am

Speedyracer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Round trip it was 375 miles. Payout of $178.xx subtract $30 for fuel and $10 for fluid top off afterwards for maintenance on a vehicle with 141,000 miles on it. I'm thinking about $0.38 a mile. Or $23 an hour for a 6 hour trip. $0.38 is not horrible when it's all highway miles. Cdl drivers hauling freight only get on average $0.55 cents a mile and they average less then 7 mpg. I'll take a peaceful long trip over drunk college elitist any day.

Last edited:

CrazyT

does anybody know where I can get the free VA inspection so uber allows me to pick up in VA
Old town auto care in Arlington does inspections. Then you have to take that with insurance, registration and everything to VA motor vehicles to apply for the TNC permit. It's free too. I did that but still couldn't pick up in VA until the office moved my account from Baltimire to DC

Heema

Old town auto care in Arlington does inspections. Then you have to take that with insurance, registration and everything to VA motor vehicles to apply for the TNC permit. It's free too. I did that but still couldn't pick up in VA until the office moved my account from Baltimire to DC
Thank you crazy
So after I do all that I'm still not gonna be able to pick up in VA?

CrazyT

Thank you crazy
So after I do all that I'm still not gonna be able to pick up in VA?
Not until you change your market account. It makes no sense but that's how it apparently works. On the bright dude if Uber jumps ship at the end of the month, you'll already be on the books in DC.

LadyDi

The sketchy building is "focus bus inc.." I'm here now. Corner of O'Donnell and interstate ave. View attachment 79719

OMGOSH, I have never seen that sign. I guess I am not looking UP when I get there. I am strictly looking at the dark azz lot. Thanks Speedyracer for this info

Bmore Driver the first time I went there I was petrified. I was scared to leave the lady and her 2 sons. But she said she'd be ok and then I screeeeeeched outta there. I've never seen it in daylight.

CrazyT it's one of those places you NEVER forget once you DO or PU there.

LadyDi

does anybody know where I can get the free VA inspection so uber allows me to pick up in VA

CrazyT I never left my house other than for the VA inspection, free of course. Everything was mailed to me as for the VA TNC stuff. Not sure how it works now on that issue but to add about PU in VA, I can PU in VA according to the DAILY text I am receiving from FUber. I am thinking it has to do with upcoming Maryland issue(s) as well as having VA TNC in my account already. FUber changing my market several months ago threw my account into a hissyfit when I inquired about what I needed to drive in other markets and totally locked me out for about a week. Changing it back had the same negative effect. A background check was ordered both times and I was pissed to the maximum degree. It might be open markets now, especially with Maryland on the brink of something... good, bad or ugly.

CrazyT

CrazyT I never left my house other than for the VA inspection, free of course. Everything was mailed to me as for the VA TNC stuff. Not sure how it works now on that issue but to add about PU in VA, I can PU in VA according to the DAILY text I am receiving from FUber. I am thinking it has to do with upcoming Maryland issue(s) as well as having VA TNC in my account already. FUber changing my market several months ago threw my account into a hissyfit when I inquired about what I needed to drive in other markets and totally locked me out for about a week. Changing it back had the same negative effect. A background check was ordered both times and I was pissed to the maximum degree. It might be open markets now, especially with Maryland on the brink of something... good, bad or ugly.
yeah once my account was in the DC office I got a second TNC permit in the mail for the other vehicle I had on the account, the one I wasn't driving anymore. Apparently once they switched me the DC office sends everything in for you.

I thought maybe the big hub-bub going on might have started uber getting drivers down to DC and VA, but I was kind of holding out a bit of hope that they'd see reason and not cut out on such a large business segment.