Guy killed at Wharf Sat. night!

Ubering

I know this is not Uber/Lyft related but came across this article that hits close to home (almost literally).

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/566a...n-shot-death-san-francisco-tourist-attraction

They mention 'Pokeman' but that's irrelevant as everyone looks at their phones for different reasons, ...but this is pretty scary,... a random guy just goes and shoots him.

Watch your surroundings if you walk alone or not so busy area.

Ignoranamous

I know this is not Uber/Lyft related but came across this article that hits close to home (almost literally).

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/566a...n-shot-death-san-francisco-tourist-attraction

They mention 'Pokeman' but that's irrelevant as everyone looks at their phones for different reasons, ...but this is pretty scary,... a random guy just goes and shoots him.

Watch your surroundings if you walk alone or not so busy area.
Yeah he was playing Pokemon Go when he got shot. We went to the same high school. His family moved out here from a high crime area in the eastern US to live a safer life.

WorkHardPlayHard

Poor guy and condolences to the family.
Yes please watch your surroundings. No headphones or just one headphone in one ear. Try to use your phone when you are inside a place or cafe or stopped away from human traffic.
Look left and right and behind you while crossing.
Some drivers turning left on yellow too fast might not notice you walking right away.
Some drivers trying to turn right also might roll turn without seeing you starting the crosswalk.
And drivers, slow down on turns.

Last edited:

Ignoranamous

Poor guy and condolences to the family.
Yes please watch your surroundings. No headphones or just one headphone in one ear. Try to use your phone when you are inside a place or cafe or stopped away from human traffic.
Look left and right and behind you while crossing.
Some drivers turning left on yellow too fast might not notice you walking right away.
Some driver trying to turn right also might roll turn without seeing you starting the crosswalk.
And drivers, slow down on turns.
Dude got shot homie.

WorkHardPlayHard

Dude got shot homie.
I know, and it was such a senseless murder. I hope they catch the guy or else he might keep shooting people at random.
The article says someone was watching them from top of the hill.

If you feel like someone is following you or watching you, be very aware of your surroundings and put away your phones.
I was just giving advice. The murderer is still at large.

Last edited:

BostonTaxiDriver

They announced it on the top of the 5 a.m. WBZ 1030 AM news, saying he's from Lowell, Massachusetts, 35 miles northwest of Boston.