Guy handing out Flyers at Convention Way

OCJarvis

Glad to see it!!!!
15568186549814623608747072910090.jpg

uberer2016

Problem right now is that not all drivers oppose the cuts. The full time drivers (aka ants) are actually happy and satisfied with the quest bonus. Strikes don't work when not everyone is on board. When half of the drivers strike and the other half are out there working getting surge, strikes will never work. I applaud his effort but it will be in vain. Just like how after the last strike ended. Nothing happened. I bet Uber probably didn't even notice there was a strike on March 25th.

U phoria

Problem right now is that not all drivers oppose the cuts. The full time drivers (aka ants) are actually happy and satisfied with the quest bonus. Strikes don't work when not everyone is on board. When half of the drivers strike and the other half are out there working getting surge, strikes will never work. I applaud his effort but it will be in vain. Just like how after the last strike ended. Nothing happened. I bet Uber probably didn't even notice there was a strike on March 25th.
If it gets press coverage it doesn’t really matter what drivers are driving or not driving, it may hurt the I.P.O.
We all know uber won’t change anything in favor of drivers unless they are forced too like NYC

OCJarvis

even when big companies choose to strike, it's never a 100% vote. Really all this is about is disruption, and getting your cause on the news. All good things. Bad press for Uber and Lyft is a win

Foober_Lyftz

The shill is back. Who woulda thunk

uberer2016

If it gets press coverage it doesn’t really matter what drivers are driving or not driving, it may hurt the I.P.O.
We all know uber won’t change anything in favor of drivers unless they are forced too like NYC

Lawmakers could force Uber's hands but unfortunately, our politicians don't share the same excitement for drivers as those in NYC have for their drivers. Strikes don't get coverage unless it's a really, really big one and it's hard to gather enough drivers for a big strike when everyone isn't on board.

And there's no disruption to service with a strike when there are drivers out there working so it's business like usual.

goneubering

That’s interesting. You’re blaming the full time drivers?

uberer2016

Investors dgaf about drivers pay...
Negative media exposure wont stop them from making money with Uber.

Before the rate cut; "we want higher rate!!!"
After the rate cut; " give us back our 25%!!!"
???

Investors care about revenues and profits so they actually support everything that Uber does in order to increase profits so they're very happy to see rate cuts.

It happens a lot in the corporate world. Even if the CEO was generous and wanted to raise wages for the workers, the board of directors would not like it because it would decrease profit and they might just replace the CEO. Corporate greed is the name of the game.

UberTrent9

Exactly. That was the point i was trying to make in a different thread.

OCJarvis

That's true, can't deny that.

I think what The Advocates need to concentrate on is a strategy like death by a thousand paper cuts. Keep the pressure on, keep getting out there trying to educate the other drivers, and try to get as much media coverage as you can along the way. I think the endgame needs to be regulation as much as I hate it. The drivers just can't get it through their head that without us there is no Uber or Lyft, so it has to be done in other ways

Investors care about revenues and profits so they actually support everything that Uber does in order to increase profits so they're very happy to see rate cuts.

Korean Ant

It happens a lot in the corporate world. Even if the CEO was generous and wanted to raise wages for the workers, the board of directors would not like it because it would decrease profit and they might just replace the CEO. Corporate greed is the name of the game.

#facts

hulksmash

So you think ants are happy with rate cuts because of quest? They were already getting quest before the cut, and the quests are worse now too. The only way It is good is if enough drivers quit to leave more rides and surges for whomever is left, but that only lasts a little bit.

DollarFree

Enjoy getting those cancelled ride requests next Wednesday.