• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Guns

Enigma247

Uber does not permit guns in vehicles for drivers or riders. However, I felt I should share something with you all. I have been driving for about 8 months and have 600+ rides and 300+ 5star ratings overall 4.92. Last Saturday for my 1st 12 rides of the evening I began asking each rider if they had any firearms before allowing them in my vehicle as I feel I have the right to know. After 8 months only receiving 4 1star ratings I received 4 in 12 rides when asking this question. To me this indicates that you may be transporting a number of people carrying concealed guns in your vehicles and at the very least brevard county riders find that an unacceptable question. If you are driving and are concerned your passengers are carrying weapons I can assure you asking will crush your rating and probably get you kicked off the app as Uber will not change your ratings.

Just a heads up.

Guns endanger us all. Stop the insanity.

KRad

Read up on Uber's firearm policy before you put it out there that they "do not permit guns in vehicles." Their policy has an asterisk:
"* To the extent permitted by applicable law." You may want to discuss this directly with Uber representatives to better understand their policy.

KRad

You're obviously (according to your closing comment on your post) pushing an agenda and your riders feel it. Riders will give low ratings when you bring up any political agenda.

If you are legitimately concerned about legalities, do you ask riders if they're carrying drugs? If they're carrying stolen items? Etc.

Enigma247

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, And I have kicked several out for drugs.

Also applicable laws do not permit you to carry firearms onto private property or into locations that serve alcohol. If you take someone to a bar that is carrying a gun you could potentially be charged as and accessory If drivers cannot carry guns no rider in my car ever will if I know about it.

I ask every rider if there is anything illegal.

Just last week in an unsolicited comment my rider who was going to a bar commented she always carries a gun. I quickly pulled off the road and asked her to exit my vehicle. It is not political it is in fact my right to not have firearms on my private property and a matter of safety. I drive nights and early mornings and trust me drunks are stupid!