• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gun pressed against my face while I was driving last night... happy Halloween!

Billyboob

To be clear, let's assume that this was a plastic gun, because when your eyes are on the road, how can you tell if that drunk idiot in the back seat is pressing a fake gun or a real gun against your face?

So last night, after waiting 5-6 minutes for pax to show up, one sits in the front and two in the back. All very drunk. Less than a minute in, one in the back starts grabbing my arm as I'm driving in a residential area. Just as I'm about to turn onto a busy street, I suddenly feel something pressed against my cheek. I don't react. For a good 10 seconds, I'm thinking this really is the ride from hell... Sure enough when I turn around, all I could see is someone with a mask on holding a gun pointing at me.

For the duration of the 10 minute trip, I pretended like nothing happened, made stupid jokes and small talk to avoid any further "complications". But hey, anything to avoid a 1 star rating, right? If Uber can charge a "safe rider fee" they might as well start a "safer driver fee".

I don't really have anyone to talk to about this, so thanks to all who read this and share their perspective... this is the reply I have received from Uber:

"Thanks for letting us know. We're sorry to hear about this experience was less than excellent.

It is our expectation that all riders and drivers will treat one another with respect and courtesy. Our Community Guidelines detail how this process works.

I've reviewed your request and adjusted your rider's rating. If you're curious, learn more about Uber's feedback system here.

We're grateful that you took the time to contact us. If you would like to no longer receive trip requests from this rider, please let us know. "

Uberchampion

To be clear, let's assume that this was a plastic gun, because when your eyes are on the road, how can you tell if that drunk idiot in the back seat is pressing a fake gun or a real gun against your face?

So last night, after waiting 5-6 minutes for pax to show up, one sits in the front and two in the back. All very drunk. Less than a minute in, one in the back starts grabbing my arm as I'm driving in a residential area. Just as I'm about to turn onto a busy street, I suddenly feel something pressed against my cheek. I don't react. For a good 10 seconds, I'm thinking this really is the ride from hell... Sure enough when I turn around, all I could see is someone with a mask on holding a gun pointing at me.

For the duration of the 10 minute trip, I pretended like nothing happened, made stupid jokes and small talk to avoid any further "complications". But hey, anything to avoid a 1 star rating, right? If Uber can charge a "safe rider fee" they might as well start a "safer driver fee".

I don't really have anyone to talk to about this, so thanks to all who read this and share their perspective... this is the reply I have received from Uber:

"Thanks for letting us know. We're sorry to hear about this experience was less than excellent.

It is our expectation that all riders and drivers will treat one another with respect and courtesy. Our Community Guidelines detail how this process works.

I've reviewed your request and adjusted your rider's rating. If you're curious, learn more about Uber's feedback system here.

We're grateful that you took the time to contact us. If you would like to no longer receive trip requests from this rider, please let us know. "
Holy shit....thats frigging horrible.

So sorry that happened to you. Honestly, thats a 911 call. screw Uber and their bullshit response.

Do you have a dashcam?

KHITAM

I like your point: Safe Driver fee.
Sorry, that happened to you.

babaganoosh

I'm not sure how I would have reacted in your situation. Assume it's a prop and tell him to get it out of my face and end the ride or purposely crash the car? Seriously messed up. Did you get a glimpse at anything as the ride ended to determine if it was a prop or real? Was the pickup or dropoff a house? If it was follow up with cops. Let them go shakedown the homeowner and Uber for more details.

Double J

100000% agree with calling the cops. In the end if all that happens is that Uber and Rider have to go through the red tape of this it would be worth it if nothing else. I too am sorry this happened to you. I know what it is like to have someone point a gun at you and it is a moment you never forget.(or at least I never have forgotten)

I can't believe uber doesn't actually have someone respond to your concern and instead still has a robot response. I am impressed how uber can somehow lower the bar when it's already touching the ground.

Uber response is just a copy paste reply. I will make this very clear: THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DRIVERS!

Dude, this is a police case. Take this to the police and show them the trip history. They have the technology to track down the exact rider. Uber will not help.

Double J

Uber response is just a copy paste reply. I will make this very clear: THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DRIVERS!

Dude, this is a police case. Take this to the police and show them the trip history. They have the technology to track down the exact rider. Uber will not help.
True expecting help from Uber is probably not realistic however, sarcastically we are now customers. Seriously, Uber would face serious charges if notified of a rider who posed a threat and ignored it to find out they later harmed individuals.

uberpoolfool

The only problem I see here is your waiting over 5 minutes and not collecting your no show fee. Buy a timer and say buh bye after 5:00. Of course the fake gun is also a problem, just kidding

Santa

You've the pickup and drop off address.

GO TO THE COPS NOW.

I don't care if it was a plastic gun or not. Make their lives hell. Uber doesn't care. They just want their $$$.

If the cops asks you why so late to report, tell them this has never happened to you and you were in shock. Which I believe is the truth.

CDNcrippler1

I would have grabbed the gun with my right hand, jabbed it into the guy in the front seat's eye. Then while still driving I would have threw my right foot into the gun boy's neck while following through onto the other dude's face rendering them all unconscious. Then I would drop them off at the corner laying them on top of each other in the most sexually embarrassing way, take some pics, post them on twitter #uberlove then drove home

Uberpro

I would have grabbed the gun with my right hand, jabbed it into the guy in the front seat's eye. Then while still driving I would have threw my right foot into the gun boy's neck while following through onto the other dude's face rendering them all unconscious. Then I would drop them off at the corner laying them on top of each other in the most sexually embarrassing way, take some pics, post them on twitter #uberlove then drove home
Is your real name Jackie Chan?

Sikander Bhatti

Ridiculous.

Had it been the other way around and you had a fake gun on passenger CBC 680news CTV would all be
covering the story "UBER DRIVER points gun on passenger who felt violated"

Uber would have had you deactivated.
So why can't they do that to the passenger at the very least?

Billyboob

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's exactly what Chick Norris would do!!!

Billyboob

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to all the awesome people out there... I just filed a police report, after being questioned over and over again why I had waited so long or why I didn't call 911. The cop even asked me why I was driving Uber and suggested that I find another job or get two more cameras in my car LOL!! Like I make enough money for the latter! I love how cops basically treat you like shit for reporting something several hours after the incident.

Step 2: I will go to greenlight tomorrow and see how they will proceed with such a complaint. I'll keep updating as I get info, but honestly, maybe I will go to the media and talk about my Uber experience as a whole, with this story being the cherry on top.

Uberchampion

Thanks to all the awesome people out there... I just filed a police report, after being questioned over and over again why I had waited so long or why I didn't call 911. The cop even asked me why I was driving Uber and suggested that I find another job or get two more cameras in my car LOL!! Like I make enough money for the latter! I love how cops basically treat you like shit for reporting something several hours after the incident.

Step 2: I will go to greenlight tomorrow and see how they will proceed with such a complaint. I'll keep updating as I get info, but honestly, maybe I will go to the media and talk about my Uber experience as a whole, with this story being the cherry on top.
Call CTV

uberfast

please don't contact any main stream media. Send me a PM and I'll do an in person on camera interview with you (we can disguise your voice and blur your face if you wish) and I will publish it.

My buddy owns an independent publishing firm with connections (MSNBC, Reuters, SCMP, yahoo, aol and all the Canadian networks).