Inshur

GUIDANCE WITH OPERATORS LICENSE

UberGeezer

Hi guys. Just a quick question

Would anybody be kind enough to guide me on how to get an unlimited drivers operators license please.

I've done a little bit of reading and I have kind of worked out the first thing I need is planning permission.

Also how long does it take for the whole process

Any help would be appreciated.

I understand it is all on the TFL website before anybody says read the website.

Thanks in advance

Cabbie2B

Hi guys. Just a quick question

Would anybody be kind enough to guide me on how to get an unlimited drivers operators license please.

I've done a little bit of reading and I have kind of worked out the first thing I need is planning permission.

Also how long does it take for the whole process

Any help would be appreciated.

I understand it is all on the TFL website before anybody says read the website.

Thanks in advance
If you are talking about Standard licence then first you need to get premises within TfL authority and one of conditions is where to keep vehicles.
After application TfL ppl would come and inspect premises inc local authority premises licence (retail/catering....).

If you r talking about Small op licence then is a different story.
I had Tfl ppl few months ago gave me a visit to check compliance. Was all good.

Last edited:

London UberExec Driver

Depending what your plans are, and if its really necessary to go for a standard operators licence, look at getting a small one first, and see how you get on.

Any jobs you can't do, sub-contract out to other drivers who hold an operators licence. Makes it easier from an admin point of view.

Unless you've previously had business experience, with hiring and firing people, I'd do the small one first, as cabbie2b mentioned, it appears you need to go through a few more hoops to get the standard one (I've only ever had the small licence).

If you've already got a premises lined up, insurances in place, a booking system and record keeping set up, with a marketing and recruiting plan, etc, then go for it.

The number of operators licences appear to be falling week on week, which suggests more are not being renewed than new applications.

Good luck though whatever you decide. :smiles:

UberGeezer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depending what your plans are, and if its really necessary to go for a standard operators licence, look at getting a small one first, and see how you get on.

Any jobs you can't do, sub-contract out to other drivers who hold an operators licence. Makes it easier from an admin point of view.

Unless you've previously had business experience, with hiring and firing people, I'd do the small one first, as cabbie2b mentioned, it appears you need to go through a few more hoops to get the standard one (I've only ever had the small licence).

If you've already got a premises lined up, insurances in place, a booking system and record keeping set up, with a marketing and recruiting plan, etc, then go for it.

The number of operators licences appear to be falling week on week, which suggests more are not being renewed than new applications.

Good luck though whatever you decide. :smiles:

I've got premises etc. Need the license with more than 2 cars. It's not a 1 man band what I'm doing.

I've also noticed every week they are going down which is a good thing for me I suppose

Cabbie2B

I've got premises etc. Need the license with more than 2 cars. It's not a 1 man band what I'm doing.

I've also noticed every week they are going down which is a good thing for me I suppose
Look, on a small licence you can have as many cars and drivers registered but you can't have more than 2 operational at the same time.

London UberExec Driver

Now you have to email the Driver and Vehicles details monthly in Excel format. From November, it's going to be weekly.
Yes, mildly irritating for one man bands, using the same car, when all you need to change is the file name every week (come November) every time you send it!