Guess Who Got Cancelled

PTCGUY

Received the following text from a pax yesterday on my way to picking her up. Oops, cancelled on her. Rider tip: don't start with an attitude and you might, just might, get picked up.

"Where are you? I have to go"

Ubertimes

Amazing, earlier tonight arrive at pax house wait 5 minutes just about to get my 4 cancel fee, pax comes up to my window and says I need to get to my destination fast. So I say, I've been waiting for you for 5 minutes roll my window up hit cancel other and drive off....
I feel so naughty and so nice
Hehehehe
Don't

Cogburn

Amazing, earlier tonight arrive at pax house wait 5 minutes just about to get my 4 cancel fee, pax comes up to my window and says I need to get to my destination fast. So I say, I've been waiting for you for 5 minutes roll my window up hit cancel other and drive off....
I feel so naughty and so nice
Hehehehe
Don't
If you had waited the 5 minutes, why didn't you cancel no show?

UberHoax

On my way home I get a ping, get to the pickup and the passenger starts telling me to go somewhere else with bad directions. I tell them I get paid to drive not figure out bad instructions. Cancel. A few seconds later the same request comes in with the same incorrect address.

forqalso

On my way home I get a ping, get to the pickup and the passenger starts telling me to go somewhere else with bad directions. I tell them I get paid to drive not figure out bad instructions. Cancel. A few seconds later the same request comes in with the same incorrect address.
Was he trying to scam the surge?

UberReallySucks

Received the following text from a pax yesterday on my way to picking her up. Oops, cancelled on her. Rider tip: don't start with an attitude and you might, just might, get picked up.
"Where are you? I have to go"
In a huge shopping center... with hundreds of shops
Pax: "Where are you? Did you get lost?
My answer: " Yes I did"
Pax: ??
Me: :smiles:
Cancel - other

negeorgia

If you had waited the 5 minutes, why didn't you cancel no show?
From my experience, when I am at the pinpoint over 5 minutes, I get the cancel fee for too many riders and wrong address shown. We get paid on more options than just no show.

Uber Is The Devil

And to the people that hang up when your trying to find them before the convo is finished.....always usually a VIP. some are nice and professional but most are shit. I think if VIP was a legit, relevant program benefits would be for all involved. Some VIP's need a big cancel.

CarebearSweet

Do you set a 5 minute timer after arriving at pinpoint? I have been on vacation for over 2 weeks, so I don't know of any change.
No I don't set a timer. I just look at my dash clock. I contacted Uber about my missing fare & it was in dispute. Pax claims I never arrived. I did get my cancel fee after explaining pax came outside & stood up on the porch, looking at me. He requested ride during a downpour & guess he didn't want to get wet.

Schweisshund

I do early mornings now and got a request at 3 a.m. I get to the Pax's driveway and I get a text "oops, I need to be picked up at 3:45"

I reply "I won't cancel, and will wait at the end of your driveway"

30 minutes later she is in my van, and we are on the way to the airport. 5 stars and $80.

Uber really needs to let airport passengers book a ride to the airport. Too many people won't risk missing their flight and go with a cab.

negeorgia

I do early mornings now and got a request at 3 a.m. I get to the Pax's driveway and I get a text "oops, I need to be picked up at 3:45"

I reply "I won't cancel, and will wait at the end of your driveway"

30 minutes later she is in my van, and we are on the way to the airport. 5 stars and $80.

Uber really needs to let airport passengers book a ride to the airport. Too many people won't risk missing their flight and go with a cab.
I am glad XL is working out so well for you. I have heard Seattle market is testing advance requests. I hope it spreads to other markets. Have you seen how little XL pays in Athens?