Guess what i got reported for (AKA 1 star ratings are unavoidable.

Guess what i got reported for working Mears last night.

• Not being able to give change for $100 bill an asking them to pay credit instead

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Giving $17 singles back as change on a $22.60 fare (2 $20)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • giving them $86 in $1s as change back on a $100 bill ($14 fare)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Refusing to walk an old lady to her door because she was drunk, angry and swearing like a sailor

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

UberIsAScam

maybe you should stop posting in an Uber forum and stop being a mediocre Mears driver?
LOL. Anyone that drives for a living has a mediocre job. I don't care if it's for FUber, Mears whatever. It's the equivalent of waiting tables. You're a servant and you rely on the "generosity" of your customer to survive. Don't try to glorify a job as a FUber driver.

Mars Troll Number 4

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
pulling over during a ride because you were about to shart yourself
I had a passenger ask me to pull over so that ...they... Could shart

In not one of those real or theoretical scenerios did I over charge or fail to return proper change...

maybe you should stop posting in an Uber forum and stop being a mediocre Mears driver?
Me... I may be a mediocre driver but....

In a great recruiter =D

You havnt been professionally driving long enough.

I've been doing this since the late 90s and let me say this... Asking for $80-$90 in change back usually involves COUNTERFIT currency.

Everyone gets bogus complaints... Everyone...

I go above and beyond what most drivers to to insure that I can always break a $20... That being said my record is giving out $300 in small bills as change in a single 11 hour period.... On $210 in revenue collected.

Google "insane reasons to get 1star ratings" to see some examples. Some people call in complaints just to try to scam free rides out of companies.

While it's annoying to get $12 back in singles.... what do you expect a cab driver to have?

How much money do you expect us to carry with us at 2:00? At 2:00am in pine hills or paramore?

Safety has to take presadent over customer service.

It's your life, your safety and your lively hood.

And the answer by the way was...

Drunk swearing Granny...

But every other complaint has happened has happened except giving 84 as change in singles. To be honest I'd give a ride for %100 free before I fell for that. Like I said counterfeiter.

A

The Mollusk

So I've only been talked to by management at Mears once. Little old lady called to complain about her bill. Said it was way too high. Failed to mention that her trip turned into a round trip, and that I had to let her hold my arm because she was incapable of walking more than "shuffle" pace and almost fell down twice. As soon as I said "round trip", management said "ok" and case closed.

Most of the time I witness complaint calls its pretty bogus from the pax end of things.

I did see a driver get suspended once because he almost ran over a pax and his little girl. Slime ball driver. I wish Mears could see some of these dudes out here representing their company /end rant.

Mars Troll Number 4

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I've only been talked to by management at Mears once. Little old lady called to complain about her bill. Said it was way too high. Failed to mention that her trip turned into a round trip, and that I had to let her hold my arm because she was incapable of walking more than "shuffle" pace and almost fell down twice. As soon as I said "round trip", management said "ok" and case closed.

Most of the time I witness complaint calls its pretty bogus from the pax end of things.

I did see a driver get suspended once because he almost ran over a pax and his little girl. Slime ball driver. I wish Mears could see some of these dudes out here representing their company /end rant.
I didn't say i was suspeneded... I actually didn't say anythign but reported...

Nothing happened to me :biggrin:

wk1102

I spent almost 30 years working in grocery stores. Publix and Albertsons, most of those years in management.

Some of the things people complain about... and you know how publix is, well used to be anyway it was ridiculous. I haf a woman call corporate on me because i couldn't carry Thrifty Made instant iced tea mix. Thrifty Made is Winn Dixie's brand. I gave her several, like 10 or 11 of the publix brand for free. Every time she came in I'd give her one but she liked the WD brand and wanted me to get it for her and keep it in my store.