• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Guess no one needs a ride today....

mtcunningham

Yeah. It picked up a little. Maybe I'm hangry. Of course it's not bust when I get a quest.
Yep some days will be busy. I sincerely hope you have another gig or full time job. I do this part time. I drive a few hours then once my mood gets ruined by stupid riders and non-tippers, I go home. Maybe things will change since they added the tipping option in the app and Uncle Travis is out of the picture. All we can do is hope.

UsedToBeAPartner

Thanks God my job called and I am working my real job. Imagine now having 2 services fighting for the same number of riders plus all the new drivers who are signing up daily without ANY of the requirements we had to meet. I suspect that Houston driver count will go from the pre-law level of 29,00 to the post-law level somewhere around 40,000. If it costs nothing and you only have to wait out the background check, every soccer mom and dad will sign up to drive a couple of hours a day. No rides? There are plenty of rides. There are just so many drivers that unless you are 1 mile or less from the rider, someone else will get the ping. Anyone remember Super Bowl? That's going to be the new normal.

Friendly979

I work full-time. I think that makes it hard to drive during rush times. I really only drive weekends. Also pardon all my typos earlier.

darkshy77

I'm ok. Thanks... stay where though?
Midtown downtown the Galleria

Thanks God my job called and I am working my real job. Imagine now having 2 services fighting for the same number of riders plus all the new drivers who are signing up daily without ANY of the requirements we had to meet. I suspect that Houston driver count will go from the pre-law level of 29,00 to the post-law level somewhere around 40,000. If it costs nothing and you only have to wait out the background check, every soccer mom and dad will sign up to drive a couple of hours a day. No rides? There are plenty of rides. There are just so many drivers that unless you are 1 mile or less from the rider, someone else will get the ping. Anyone remember Super Bowl? That's going to be the new normal.
Last unofficial number from ARA that was leaked was 40,000 already.

Does Uber pay to vacuum up glitter? :wink:
Last year gay pride actually made some money. But of course you know where I work always do the opposite of Uber tells you

tootsie

Yesterday day was my first day driving since the Super Bowl. My second trip ended up being a trip to Kilgore that another driver refused. Neither trip tipped. It was my first long distance trip and I think I'd do it again especially while gas is 1.99 it was 2.09 in Kilgore

My cut was 170.31

deiros

I'll suffer through the glitter
I just woke. No glitter for me today.

Yesterday day was my first day driving since the Super Bowl. My second trip ended up being a trip to Kilgore that another driver refused. Neither trip tipped. It was my first long distance trip and I think I'd do it again especially while gas is 1.99 it was 2.09 in Kilgore

My cut was 170.31
I'd burn $30 worth of fuel round trip. I'd probably take that trip.