1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Guess no one needs a ride today....

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Friendly979, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Friendly979

Friendly979

Been online for 2 hours. Gross pay of $7.04.

2. darkshy77

darkshy77

Yep stay in that area... Learn to Uber.

Muber1 likes this.
  3. Friendly979

Friendly979

I'm ok. Thanks... stay where though?

4. Welcome to Uber. You will have a lot of days like that. It's simply not worth it.

5. Friendly979

Friendly979

Yeah. It picked up a little. Maybe I'm hangry. Of course it's not bust when I get a quest.

6. Yep some days will be busy. I sincerely hope you have another gig or full time job. I do this part time. I drive a few hours then once my mood gets ruined by stupid riders and non-tippers, I go home. Maybe things will change since they added the tipping option in the app and Uncle Travis is out of the picture. All we can do is hope.

uGotScrUbered and ABC123DEF like this.
  7. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks God my job called and I am working my real job. Imagine now having 2 services fighting for the same number of riders plus all the new drivers who are signing up daily without ANY of the requirements we had to meet. I suspect that Houston driver count will go from the pre-law level of 29,00 to the post-law level somewhere around 40,000. If it costs nothing and you only have to wait out the background check, every soccer mom and dad will sign up to drive a couple of hours a day. No rides? There are plenty of rides. There are just so many drivers that unless you are 1 mile or less from the rider, someone else will get the ping. Anyone remember Super Bowl? That's going to be the new normal.

Trebor and uGotScrUbered like this.
  8. Friendly979

Friendly979

I work full-time. I think that makes it hard to drive during rush times. I really only drive weekends. Also pardon all my typos earlier.

9. deiros

deiros

Driving:
    UberX
    Plenty will need a ride tomorrow for the Gah Pride events.

10. Does Uber pay to vacuum up glitter? ;)

UberCadi, uGotScrUbered and Lelekm like this.
  11. deiros

deiros

Driving:
    UberX
    Ya know, I was going to drive today to see if I can pickup some FAB U LOUS pax... but I didn't think of the glitter, rainbow paint, and unicorn farts.

uGotScrUbered and tootsie like this.
  12. darkshy77

darkshy77

Midtown downtown the Galleria

Last unofficial number from ARA that was leaked was 40,000 already.

Last year gay pride actually made some money. But of course you know where I work always do the opposite of Uber tells you

wiingman and Friendly979 like this.
  13. I think NOT!!! I am not driving today.

14. Uber281

Uber281

Driving:
    UberX
    I'll suffer through the glitter

15. Rainy day + rainbow paint + glitter + uber messaging to ants = work the burbs today.

UberCadi likes this.
  16. Uber281

Uber281

Driving:
    UberX
    Makes sense. I actually do fairly well right around my neighborhood. Ive caught surges while sitting in my garage. The burbs might be the answer today.

uGotScrUbered likes this.
  17. tootsie

tootsie

Driving:
    UberX
    Yesterday day was my first day driving since the Super Bowl. My second trip ended up being a trip to Kilgore that another driver refused. Neither trip tipped. It was my first long distance trip and I think I'd do it again especially while gas is 1.99 it was 2.09 in Kilgore

My cut was 170.31

Friendly979, Lelekm and uGotScrUbered like this.
  18. deiros

deiros

Driving:
    UberX
    I just woke. No glitter for me today.

I'd burn $30 worth of fuel round trip. I'd probably take that trip.

19. That said, my first trip sitting in the garage was a lyft trip to Montrose for $30. Followwd by 3 more immediate lyft trips. Ah well, best laid plans.....

tootsie likes this.
  20. darkshy77

darkshy77

Pride a bust???? No real surge...when it ends maybe