Guarantees

uberloverjon

So from what I understand Uber is losing tons of money on these guarantees in order to drive Lyft out of the market. So have any Lyft drivers noticed that Lyft is starting to show signs of collapse in the LA market? ? I don't think Uber would waste all this money if it wasnt almost certain it could drive Lyft out of the market. We're talking millions of dollars a day just in LA. Do the math and you will see.

Adieu

So from what I understand Uber is losing tons of money on these guarantees in order to drive Lyft out of the market. So have any Lyft drivers noticed that Lyft is starting to show signs of collapse in the LA market? ? I don't think Uber would waste all this money if it wasnt almost certain it could drive Lyft out of the market. We're talking millions of dollars a day just in LA. Do the math and you will see.
Lyft OC ponied up for some nice guarantees after a week of nada.... And its $25+ for one ride, not 18 like before

Haylife

Uber is not losing crap. The commission they make from one 40 mile suv trip covers for 1 full time uber x drivers boost for the day. They are still profiting daily from all cities around the world.

Retrojka

Lyft is losing. They used to send out emails every Friday asking if you would like to opt into next week's guaranteed pay. And the emails would have Monday through Sunday hours of guaranteed pay. Now every other week they send out those emails and it's only Friday Saturday and Sunday guaranteed pay

uber strike

remember that every time drivers accept pool trips and are linked to second rider, uber is taking your second fare while both pax are in your car. uber collects two fares while only paying you one. you have not been a driver long enough if you think uber ever loses.
but actually lyft is better now. i drive lyft now due to the fact that i refuse to make the quota that uber has set in order to qualify for incentives. but due to uber incentives, lyft drivers are now able to get rides a whole lot faster than before. no ants on lyft.
i think uber is doing incentives in order to avoid high surge. before incentives we were seeing surge everyday essentially. so many drivers quit after pay cuts in january that there were 15 minute pick ups all the time. so drivers would cancel or not accept. there was no more reliability. uber could not continue losing their pax to lyft so they are forced into making uber reliable again through incentives. "surge only" drivers did that!!!

Same in Philadelphia, tryed to drive Lyft because of the power bonus but there just is not enough work and get pings from NJ while working in Philadelphia.

KekeLo

remember that every time drivers accept pool trips and are linked to second rider, uber is taking your second fare while both pax are in your car. uber collects two fares while only paying you one. you have not been a driver long enough if you think uber ever loses.
but actually lyft is better now. i drive lyft now due to the fact that i refuse to make the quota that uber has set in order to qualify for incentives. but due to uber incentives, lyft drivers are now able to get rides a whole lot faster than before. no ants on lyft.
i think uber is doing incentives in order to avoid high surge. before incentives we were seeing surge everyday essentially. so many drivers quit after pay cuts in january that there were 15 minute pick ups all the time. so drivers would cancel or not accept. there was no more reliability. uber could not continue losing their pax to lyft so they are forced into making uber reliable again through incentives. "surge only" drivers did that!!!

Nuff Said!!!