• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Guarantees: cancel (wrong address)?

BeingStewie

Does cancelling a ride because of a wrong address shown affect the acceptance rate?

Yesterday for a guarantee period, I got a pool ride request in the middle of the Pitchfork festival with no vehicular access. So I called them first and couldn't get a proper answer to find where they were (aka drunk/high) and phone got disconnected. So I cancelled the ride citing wrong address shown.

Does my acceptance rate still be penalized for canceling for the right reasons. I had only completed 2 pool rides for that period?

HOOSIERGAL

Since you had only two pools and one you cancelled, then your acceptance rate would be 50%, below the 80% requirement. Next time, especially when on a guarantee with a pool requirement, get the pax to cancel.

75drive

Does cancelling a ride because of a wrong address shown affect the acceptance rate?

Yesterday for a guarantee period, I got a pool ride request in the middle of the Pitchfork festival with no vehicular access. So I called them first and couldn't get a proper answer to find where they were (aka drunk/high) and phone got disconnected. So I cancelled the ride citing wrong address shown.

Does my acceptance rate still be penalized for canceling for the right reasons. I had only completed 2 pool rides for that period?

I would think it wouldn't count against your acceptance rating but am not certain. In the future I'd cancel no show instead because that doesn't count against you.

driving312

Yes, your guarantee is ruined for the whole day. You have 50% Pool acceptance for canceling one of two.

Message Uber support!

Goal Digger

N0- I have canceled many rides for wrong address or no show during the guarantee period. It absolutely does not count against your acceptance rate because you accepted the ride... its not your fault the Pax never showed up, or gave you a location 20 miles away from where they're actually at. Uber knows this. You are good, my friend.

75drive

Yes, your guarantee is ruined for the whole day. You have 50% Pool acceptance for canceling one of two.

Message Uber support!
So now the driver is responsible for the input of the the passengers pick up? That's ridiculous! Then again I suspect you work for Uber so you'd know! You should talk to the boss and make sure Stewie gets paid!

BeingStewie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all for the response. Come Monday I'll find out and let you all know what happened. I will email them multiple times if they don't.

SomeDrivingGuy

Makes no difference. I've done this more than a few times. Those days where you are ready to sign off and a ping comes through. I'll accept, then go to cancel and hit other. I always got paid but they would email me about deactivation for cancellations every now and then.

BeingStewie

He never officially arrived to the pickup is the main problem.
I was by the pickup area (half a block away), but the roads were closed for the music festival and rider not reachable and was not at the pin drop spot.

BeingStewie

You will be fine. Stop worrying.

It only counts against you for letting the ping time out.
Thanks, I wasn't worrying as much, just wanted to know. I've lost more dealing with uber. I just move on, count my blessings and focus on the next day :smiles:.

SomeDrivingGuy

Careful not to cancel too many, they will deactivate for that. They do the same for timing out pings, but in the past they added in the contract you can't be deactivated for it. However, I along with others receive our email/text for timing out so many pings.