Guaranteed Rate questions

poopyhead

I got an email about guaranteed rates this weekend. 80% acceptance rate, 1 ride per hour originating within the red zone between 9pm and 3 am. No restriction or guideline on how much I have to be online. Could I have borrow a friend's phone or login and ping myself once per hour and take a short ride to get the guaranteed rate without driving much? Any money lost to Uber would be gained in gas savings. Is this feasible?

PTUber

You will get many pings because you have to be in the specified GEO which is NE Mpls/Downtown/Uptown. No place to hide and a busy area. You are also prorated based on how long you are on line. Meaning to get the $35/hr. You have to be on line for the full hour.

poopyhead

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It doesn't mention that about the prorating. Kind of misleading.

FITS

It doesn't mention that about the prorating. Kind of misleading.
The email didn't, but the app does. Also, 90% of trips must begin in the DT Minneapolis Geo. And like PTUber already mention, you'll need to be online for the full hour or else you won't get the guaranteed for that hour.

timothyj

I got an email about guaranteed rates this weekend. 80% acceptance rate, 1 ride per hour originating within the red zone between 9pm and 3 am. No restriction or guideline on how much I have to be online. Could I have borrow a friend's phone or login and ping myself once per hour and take a short ride to get the guaranteed rate without driving much? Any money lost to Uber would be gained in gas savings. Is this feasible?
How much per hour is the guarantee? Did you also get the power driver bonus incentive this week?

MJE

How many trips do you need to have in a week to get the power driver bonus?

PTUber

Power Driver Bonus is an Uber thing?? Here I thought I was a "top driver" I've never heard of it!

MJE

Yeah I've heard people say they get it but I never have. I'm going to have to stop at the uber office and ask about it.

Hilljacker

I have been getting it every single week since the mid may.
How many of those weeks are you hitting the marks to get the bonus? The reason I ask is that I got them 3 weeks in a row back in April. I missed the first one due to being out of town and then I hit the next two easily. But then they stopped sending them to me even though I kept driving at the same rate as before. I was thinking that they stopped sending them because I was actually hitting them. My acceptance rate is 85 to 90% and driver rating is 4.86. Thoughts?

timothyj

How many of those weeks are you hitting the marks to get the bonus? The reason I ask is that I got them 3 weeks in a row back in April. I missed the first one due to being out of town and then I hit the next two easily. But then they stopped sending them to me even though I kept driving at the same rate as before. I was thinking that they stopped sending them because I was actually hitting them. My acceptance rate is 85 to 90% and driver rating is 4.86. Thoughts?
I took 3 weeks off in June, hit it last week and this week. Your probably right, they see that you are driving so they stop sending them. I would say switch to lyft but they won't take your volvo. I know as soon as Uber stops sending me the PDB, I will go back to lyft's PDB and uber surge hunting. Another possibility is that they see you are not a lyft driver, so they know they won't lose you if they don't send you the incentive.

I send the mpls uber office an email saturday/sunday whenever I don't get an incentive for the week. Like I am sending them one today about not getting the hourly incentive(even though I got the PDB, I want both damnit!). I figure all the drivers are on an excel list, with auto qual's checking their excel box for the guarantee. However, at the office, I bet the rep can manually go in and check your excel box if you didn't auto qual. So if you send an email like...

Love you uber bros down at HQ, but I didn't get the hourly incentive this week? What gives? I thought we had something special. Not going to lie, I cried a little when I saw other drivers got it but I did not. DO I mean nothing to you?! Is there anything I can do to spice up our relationship and get some incentives next week? I really want to get out there and give pax a safe ride home! Please let me know!

They send back a template response, but I like to think it helps.

Hilljacker

I took 3 weeks off in June, hit it last week and this week. Your probably right, they see that you are driving so they stop sending them. I would say switch to lyft but they won't take your volvo. I know as soon as Uber stops sending me the PDB, I will go back to lyft's PDB and uber surge hunting. Another possibility is that they see you are not a lyft driver, so they know they won't lose you if they don't send you the incentive.

I send the mpls uber office an email saturday/sunday whenever I don't get an incentive for the week. Like I am sending them one today about not getting the hourly incentive(even though I got the PDB, I want both damnit!). I figure all the drivers are on an excel list, with auto qual's checking their excel box for the guarantee. However, at the office, I bet the rep can manually go in and check your excel box if you didn't auto qual. So if you send an email like...

Love you uber bros down at HQ, but I didn't get the hourly incentive this week? What gives? I thought we had something special. Not going to lie, I cried a little when I saw other drivers got it but I did not. DO I mean nothing to you?! Is there anything I can do to spice up our relationship and get some incentives next week? I really want to get out there and give pax a safe ride home! Please let me know!

They send back a template response, but I like to think it helps.
I will take your advice but I may change a few of the words. My guess is if I sent as you suggest, this is the response I would get: OK Timothy, we know it's you masquerading as another Uber driver so please leave us alone this week. Remember, you can't always get what you wanted". :smiles:

I do have the ability to drive Lyft with the wife's Mazda CX5 but I keep the use of that vehicle to a minimum since it's her new ride.

I know none of us will be able to completely figure out what Uber is up to behind the scenes but it's odd that I get the hourly incentives every week but I have NEVER driven past 7:00pm. One would think they would figure that out after a while but who knows....

Hilljacker

As expected, a canned response from Uber:

Thanks for letting us know. I’m really sorry that you didn’t receive an invite to participate in this guarantee.

Some guarantees are only offered to a specific group partners rather than everyone. We typically rotate these types of guarantees to make the guarantee structure as fair for everyone as possible. We will always send messages regarding any guarantees that you are eligible for, so if you don’t get one now, just wait for the next one to come around.

For more information on how guarantees and incentives are paid out, including an example of how the payment is calculated, click here.

In the meantime, to receive more trip requests, I'll share with you tips that has been valuable with our other valued partners.

We see the most demand from riders in Downtown Minneapolis (especially Downtown West), Uptown, Dinkytown, and Downtown St. Paul.

Check-out our demand maps here: t.uber.com/MSPDemand

Demand is typically the highest from 7-10am and 6-11pm on weekdays. On Fridays/Saturdays, demand is also high between 6pm-3am.

Visit t.uber.com/MSPweekly for weekly demand-generating events in the Twin Cities!

If I can help with anything else please let me know.​