Guarantee

Dancnladie

We have a 3 day guarantee in Austin this weekend, i was online from 1-3am only got 3 trip and 2 cxls. Since the guarantee states you have to get 4 trips, does that mean I can't get the guarantee for the other 2 days because I missed by 1 on the first night?

Killeen Ubur

We have a 3 day guarantee in Austin this weekend, i was online from 1-3am only got 3 trip and 2 cxls. Since the guarantee states you have to get 4 trips, does that mean I can't get the guarantee for the other 2 days because I missed by 1 on the first night?
You can still get the next two days. Need to meet the requirements.....For that day

ATX 22

You can work as many or as few of the guarantee periods as you wish. It's 4 rides per 2 hour block, and each time block is counted individually.

Stratos

Here's a couple of hints, not that you asked, to help you over all not just with the guarantee's. Do not chase surges, most are false and you will not get a ping when in the area. Fri and Sat night surges (2am) are real but remember you are dealing with serious drunk people. Most of them will be UT students with just short rides home. Do your best to enjoy yourself and don't sweat the small stuff. If you see your star rate go down do not freak out. IF the subject comes up, encourage your pax's to write to Uber to include a tip button and explain to the paxs that a TIP is not included in the fee.

Most of all have fun and enjoy yourself. There are some great Pax's out there who you will enjoy giving rides to. It's the moron's who will drive you nuts.

Jonnythan2006

Every week I get a text from Uber telling me about how I need to sign up for the guaranteed hourly weekend rates during peak times.

What I find really frustrating is that there is also a minimum of 4 rides required to get paid.

And each time I drive during these peak times that I've committed to, I find that getting a ride requires about 45 min to an hour of waiting between rides.

Even in the middle of downtown (ATX for me).

Do you think it is possible that Uber corporate has conspired to guarantee their customer's waiting times are minimal, while ensuring that they don't loose too much of their bottom line as they screw over their driver's who aren't aware that they most likely won't meet their minimums in order to get paid?

Or am I alone on this?

Jason482836

I generally can make the requirements for the guarantee. I've only once not made the requirements and that's because I had a long ride so I made more than the guarantee.

BigPoppa

I learned that the $1000 for 7 days guarantee means that in all of those 7 days, if you collect less than $1000 in total gross earnings, they will add the difference. The catch is, they also provide you with a list of hours you must drive in at least 80% of the time. For example, Mon-Fri 8a-4p is 40 hours and if you drive 32 of those hours, you meet that one requirement. Assume you do this full time and drive for another 20 hours, I would think the fare I earned would be above and beyond that $1000, but it is not. For the last few weeks I have been stressing out because I had to work so many hours that I didn't want to work.

Anyway, sorry this went on an on. Haha hope it makes sense.

Last edited:

ATX 22

When you see guarantee coming from uber, just think of the carrot on a stick. It's designed so that most drivers don't qualify, but it allows uber to flood downtown with cars. Did anyone notice the lack of a surge at 2am?

ATX 22

The truth is; if you meet all of the qualifiers, then you probably don't need the guarantee.
Not necessarily. 4 $3 rides in 2 hours isn't going to net you anywhere near the guarantee amount.
Flooding downtown with cars makes it harder to get the required number of rides. Lots of variables that the driver has no control over, like meeting all online time and number of ride requirements, but have one drunk pax ding you with anything less than a 5 during the guarantee period and you're toast. Miss a ping because of the app screwing up, no soup for you. Think you answered 100%, Uber says your acceptance rate was 67%, yet never gives proof of what you missed. It's not exactly cut and dried. Odds are always stacked against the driver.

ATX 22

Opting in doesn't hurt. Whether you opt in or not, they still give you $.01 for each guarantee period you don't qualify for.