Guarantee Miscalcs Thread

Nomadwolf

Dear Uber,

If you're going to try to deny my guarantee, at least try to do it with math that's actually possible:
Weekend Guarantee 7/8 - 7/10: 7/8/16 Fri 10pm - 7/9/16 Sat 4am $32.00/hr - You did not qualify because: acceptance rate (78.00%) was below the required level (80.00%)
I completed 5 rides in the 2.5 hours I was online during the guarantee period. So if I didn't accept 1 request, my rate would be 83.33%. If I didn't accept 2, it'd be 71.43%. 78.00% is not an achievable number.
(78% (rounded) is 1st possible if I had 7 completed rides and 2 non-acceptances)
78.00% (not rounded) isn't possible until I have 39 completions and 11 skips...

That said, I accepted every single request I saw... only thing that I was worried about was a POOL request that canceled 30 seconds after they made it. I only had 2 pool rides in the period, so in theory I didn't complete 80% of POOL requests....

Nomadwolf

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me guess, they didn't pay you for thursday,30?
I didn't have any other problems except the Friday night one.
During the week I had a 10 ride gives you $50, and that one paid out fine. My Friday day-time guarantee (10am~10pm) paid out fine, as well as both Saturday periods. Didn't drive Sunday....

Mm450

Dear Uber,

If you're going to try to deny my guarantee, at least try to do it with math that's actually possible:

I completed 5 rides in the 2.5 hours I was online during the guarantee period. So if I didn't accept 1 request, my rate would be 83.33%. If I didn't accept 2, it'd be 71.43%. 78.00% is not an achievable number.
(78% (rounded) is 1st possible if I had 7 completed rides and 2 non-acceptances)
78.00% (not rounded) isn't possible until I have 39 completions and 11 skips...

That said, I accepted every single request I saw... only thing that I was worried about was a POOL request that canceled 30 seconds after they made it. I only had 2 pool rides in the period, so in theory I didn't complete 80% of POOL requests....
Good luck dealing with this through emails.. @@@@ that

Nomadwolf

I just asked them for data. # of rides I supposedly missed, along with the time-stamp of each.

But they have to answer the request first... This is my 1st issue, so I don't have a benchmark on normal reply times... But if they wait too long, then I'll probably forget what was going on at the times they mention!

U for Uber

I did the 10pm-4am on Friday too. My online time said 5.4hours and they said I worked 4.55hours. I think I'm losing like $9-10.. is it worth it to dispute? I kind of already did sending an email with screenshots and they gave me the biggest bs reply in history.

SO should I try harder or give in

Nomadwolf

I'd give at least 1 reply, but definitely don't spend more time arguing than the time that's actually in dispute (0.85 hrs). But if the guarantee was $32/hr (as I remember), then 0.85 hours is worth $21.76 after Uber's 20% cut, so that's not nothing.

U for Uber

I'd give at least 1 reply, but definitely don't spend more time arguing than the time that's actually in dispute (0.85 hrs). But if the guarantee was $32/hr (as I remember), then 0.85 hours is worth $21.76 after Uber's 20% cut, so that's not nothing.
Ok so I did 5.4hours @ $32/hr, $110.14 in gross fares. They said I worked 4.55hours and paid me $28.37. Well, doing the math again, I'm getting Uber'd out of, actually the same price you mentioned. How do I know if I worked only 4.55hours during that guarantee period? Is the 5.4hours for Friday's screenshot all the proof I need or what?

Nomadwolf

Well, Friday had 2 periods... noon - 10pm and 10pm ~ 4am. Your total hours will cover the whole day, so if you started at 9:05pm and worked until 2:30am, that's 5.4 hours, but only 4.5 are in the 2nd guarantee period. The other 0.9 hours are in the 1st period, which isn't enough to qualify for that section...

I take 2 screenshots whenever I go on- or off-line. One before I press the "go online" (or offline" button), and one immediately after to show that I'm actually on/off line.
I also take a screenshot of the earnings page (with hours for the day) before the guarantee switches to the next period. (for Friday, this would've been just before 10pm).

pizza guy

One of my biggest pet peeves is that we have to trust them when they clearly can't be trusted. We have no record of what pings we let expire and if you forget to turn off your WiFi those pings may never have made it to your phone. We also have no record of when we log on or log off. We just have to trust them. How about some transparency? If we aren't being cheated then no problem, it doesn't hurt them. A dollar here and there really isn't worth a drivers time to deal with support, but with millions of rides a day how much is fraudulently being made at drivers' expense?

U for Uber

I started at either like 10:55 or early 11pm. So if I started at 11:05, maybe then they are right? That would explain there they got the 4.55 from. But my online time says 5.4hours so I just don't know.

Nomadwolf

If you started 11pm, you can't get to 5.4 hours in the guarantee time, since that would take you past 4am.... But maybe it should be closer to 5 hours...

SMH Uber

Well, Friday had 2 periods... noon - 10pm and 10pm ~ 4am. Your total hours will cover the whole day, so if you started at 9:05pm and worked until 2:30am, that's 5.4 hours, but only 4.5 are in the 2nd guarantee period. The other 0.9 hours are in the 1st period, which isn't enough to qualify for that section...

I take 2 screenshots whenever I go on- or off-line. One before I press the "go online" (or offline" button), and one immediately after to show that I'm actually on/off line.
I also take a screenshot of the earnings page (with hours for the day) before the guarantee switches to the next period. (for Friday, this would've been just before 10pm).
I do the same. Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots!

U for Uber

So if I want to work the full 6hours in the 10pm-4am, should I sign on at 9:50pm or just after 10pm, say 10:08pm? Or would that give me 5.52hours of the guarantee? Do you have to be petty and sign on/off at exactly 10:00pm & 4:00am?

I thought if I started at like 1am and did my 9 trips before 4am, I would get the full 6 hours or no?

And how can I battle the Uber replies for my ~$20?
Thanks for the help guys.

Nomadwolf

Well, 1st email Uber sent me just repeated the (impossible) 78% acceptance rate, so I asked for # of declined rides... 2nd reply still didn't admit their error, but I still gets my monies:
I can see that you were very close to meeting the acceptance rate requirement for this incentive. I have made a one-time exception and added a manual payment for $23.70 to your account
It looks like the 2 responses were written by different people, which is bad for having continuity in a discussion, but good for shopping around for people that might be more helpful....

SMH Uber

So if I want to work the full 6hours in the 10pm-4am, should I sign on at 9:50pm or just after 10pm, say 10:08pm? Or would that give me 5.52hours of the guarantee? Do you have to be petty and sign on/off at exactly 10:00pm & 4:00am?

I thought if I started at like 1am and did my 9 trips before 4am, I would get the full 6 hours or no?

And how can I battle the Uber replies for my ~$20?
Thanks for the help guys.
Yes you have to be petty.

Uber only pays you for the time online. You have done extra trips for nothing. Do only the required for the time you are online and turn off .

If you do 5.5 hrs and the min rides average to 1..5 yoy still have to do 9 trips, on 5.5 hrs, Because 5.5 hrs = 8.25 trips .

You wont be able to do a .25 trip. Also, you will only get paid for tje time online , 5.5 hrs not 6. So might as well. Stay on for the 6 hrs straight from 10 to 4 or log off at 5 hrs with 8 trips.

Uber is petty with us, we should always return the favor.

I canceled a trip at 4 mins and 59 secs they would not pay me the cancellation fee.

Turnabout is fairplay. Hi, my name is Petty Crocker, what's yours?

U for Uber

I did get my 9trips from like 11-3. Are you saying I can go offline once I reach my required trips? or just sit and wait and still accept rides until 4am hits?

And how do you time the cancellation so you get the fee? Once the "You have arrived!" screen pops up, you turn on your stop watch? I end up calling the PAX right away or even before I arrive so I can get on to more rides and more money. On or off guarantees. Especially in the dark, because you never pull up in front of the correct place/house, so you're just in the vicinity, so you gotta call. But after reading more on guarantees, it's better to do required trips in less time and get paid more.

SMH Uber

You only need 6 trips if you were online for 4 hrs doing the guarantee period, but you have to stay online for 4 hrs to get xx per hr guarantee.

I use my phone clock. I wait until it says that I have arrived.