Uber Drivers Forum banner

Gryft offers $800 to get me back. Where can I find *short* rides?

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Marco Solo 
#1 ·
If I maintain a 90% AR and take 70 rides, Gryft will guarantee me $800 this week. That's nothing to sneeze at, but I am loathe to forego my usual Boober profits. So if I bite on this, I will have to do it after finishing my standard Boober shift each day.

OTOH, the rides don't have to be long ones. If I can garner 70 short rides that only total $3 each, Gryft will have to pay me the remaining $590--while I save on gas and time spent chasing Gryft pax.

I know rides from the Husky stadium light-rail station rarely go far. Any other places that typically produce only short rides?

#5 ·
If I maintain a 90% AR and take 70 rides, Gryft will guarantee me $800 this week. If I can garner 70 short rides that only total $3 each, Gryft will have to pay me the remaining $590--while I save on gas and time spent chasing Gryft pax.
They sort of calculate it so that, if you can actually find X many rides, taking them lands you just short of Y guaranteed amount anyways.

Line is necessary, both X and Y rise each week you actually meet the target. Also how much would you have made not doing it?

It's a gamble; think you can beat the house?

#20 ·
Excellent way to put it.
Doing the guarantee was a lot of taking everything. You can't reject rides essentially.

My buddy drives X/Lyft... He keeps going for those $15 daily streak bonuses from 5 to 6pm, and getting 2 in a row and driving around 1 to 2 hrs waiting for the 3rd one. I can't get him to stop doing it.
Tell him he's wasting gas pursuing the third ride.

#7 ·
If I maintain a 90% AR and take 70 rides, Gryft will guarantee me $800 this week. That's nothing to sneeze at, but I am loathe to forego my usual Boober profits. So if I bite on this, I will have to do it after finishing my standard Boober shift each day.

OTOH, the rides don't have to be long ones. If I can garner 70 short rides that only total $3 each, Gryft will have to pay me the remaining $590--while I save on gas and time spent chasing Gryft pax.

I know rides from the Husky stadium light-rail station rarely go far. Any other places that typically produce only short rides?
I gave up long ago trying for those type of Lyft guarantees. Regardless of how clever and calculating I try to be in order to knock out a maximum # of minimum rides Lyft always seems to beat me into submission in the end with their algorithm, undoubtedly dubbed "Long John Silver". They lull me into a false sense of impeding victory for the first 50-75% of the required rides then BAMMO! Here come the never-ending torrent of long rides. The 90% rule is the key... no way out. In the end the actual bonus amount either entirely evaporates or it winds up being peanuts. One way or another they always seem to get their full pound of flesh.

#10 ·

The question is not where, but when.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.