• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gryft getting desperate to keep me from driving for Boober

Marco Solo

Screenshot_20180812-164252_BlueMail.jpg

Hell, I can earn at least that much in a week of driving Uber part-time, in daylight hours only. Would be nice to break $2K in a week, but I'm not going to drive both if it means being out on the road for 12-18 hours each day.

Marco Solo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IME, Gryft pax take mostly short rides and almost never tip. A typical Gryft fare for me is $7 from SLU to Crap Hill or from UD to DTS.

80 x 7 = $560. Throw in some longer rides to round up to $600, even $700...On its face, this offer is likely more profitable than what I normally could expect to make doing 80 rides.

BUT--I would have to work in Seattle, and during both rush hours, as well as ant-ing at basic in between...while forgoing Boober income during the same hours. I much prefer doing four nice, long (35+ miles) rides on Boober in a day, instead, earning $200 in 4 or 5 hrs.

Yooper

80 x 7 = $560. Throw in some longer rides to round up to $600, even $700...On its face, this offer is likely more profitable than what I normally could expect to make doing 80 rides.
the guarantee is calculated to around the amount you would normally make doing that many rides, in the end its similar to the power driver bonus

K-pax

allll Youuuu!
I don't always do it. I said 'enjoy'. I also quite enjoy driving in Tacoma (much much much more than Seattle), but the rates aren't comparable. Some of the areas I enjoy driving the least can be very profitable.... for example, that big city up there called Seattle. I would be thrilled to never drive in that stressful city again.... but gotta make that money.

mark_mark

I don't always do it. I said 'enjoy'. I also quite enjoy driving in Tacoma (much much much more than Seattle), but the rates aren't comparable. Some of the areas I enjoy driving the least can be very profitable.... for example, that big city up there called Seattle. I would be thrilled to never drive in that stressful city again.... but gotta make that money.
you got a point, Seattle driving SUCKs

late night I had 3 timmed out cancel in a roll... I have better things to do than $3.75

signal11

That'd be a ditto from me. Much more pleasant, less stressful driving.

Which reminds me, I drove in Olympia for a day when a package run from Issaquah took me there early AM. Seattle rates, IIRC, though I could be wrong. Too far.

K-pax

That'd be a ditto from me. Much more pleasant, less stressful driving.

Which reminds me, I drove in Olympia for a day when a package run from Issaquah took me there early AM. Seattle rates, IIRC, though I could be wrong. Too far.
Slightly higher than Seattle, actually. Not sure how the market is though. Only drove there once when taken there. Got one ride then nothing sodeadjeaded back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Texan Lyft 11
Pax Collector San Francisco 7
RickGnVa Washington DC 25