1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Gryft getting desperate to keep me from driving for Boober

Discussion in 'Seattle' started by Marco Solo, Aug 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM.

1. Marco Solo

Marco Solo Active Member

Screenshot_20180812-164252_BlueMail.jpg

Hell, I can earn at least that much in a week of driving Uber part-time, in daylight hours only. Would be nice to break $2K in a week, but I'm not going to drive both if it means being out on the road for 12-18 hours each day.

2. Yooper

Yooper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    80 rides earns you close to 1k? yea no ****

Lyft Guarantees useless as ever

3. Marco Solo

Marco Solo Active Member

IME, Gryft pax take mostly short rides and almost never tip. A typical Gryft fare for me is $7 from SLU to Crap Hill or from UD to DTS.

80 x 7 = $560. Throw in some longer rides to round up to $600, even $700...On its face, this offer is likely more profitable than what I normally could expect to make doing 80 rides.

BUT--I would have to work in Seattle, and during both rush hours, as well as ant-ing at basic in between...while forgoing Boober income during the same hours. I much prefer doing four nice, long (35+ miles) rides on Boober in a day, instead, earning $200 in 4 or 5 hrs.

4. Risab1981

Risab1981 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    You get short rides, yeah, but 80 in a row? Odds are you'll get at least 5 to 15 long ones and bypass that guarantee.

Skepticaldriver and mark_mark like this.
  5. mark_mark

mark_mark Well-Known Member

go to UW! guarantee .6 mile rides all day

Marco Solo and Risab1981 like this.
  6. Yooper

Yooper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    the guarantee is calculated to around the amount you would normally make doing that many rides, in the end its similar to the power driver bonus

7. Martin Kodiak

Martin Kodiak Well-Known Member

I do very well there and the surrounding region.

8. dimwit_driver

dimwit_driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sure....during the school year.

9. K-pax

K-pax Well-Known Member

I enjoy UW driving as well. It is more volume of rides, but the college students are usually pretty nice and courteous. They don't tend to tip at all though.

mark_mark likes this.
  10. mark_mark

allll Youuuu!

11. K-pax

K-pax Well-Known Member

I don't always do it. I said 'enjoy'. I also quite enjoy driving in Tacoma (much much much more than Seattle), but the rates aren't comparable. Some of the areas I enjoy driving the least can be very profitable.... for example, that big city up there called Seattle. I would be thrilled to never drive in that stressful city again.... but gotta make that money.

Marco Solo and mark_mark like this.
  12. mark_mark

you got a point, Seattle driving SUCKs

late night I had 3 timmed out cancel in a roll... I have better things to do than $3.75

13. Yooper

Yooper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    almost every time I head to Tacoma something bad happens. even if turns out just to be deadheading back

mark_mark likes this.
  14. mark_mark

T-town Sucks