• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Grocery Stores

Steelersnut

Accept a ride and destination is a grocery store? Cancel. Pulled up today and what do I see? Full cart of groceries! $4.33 later I'm like..."Never Again"! 2 hrs later? Another grocery store! Cancelled! What's next? Moving furniture?

And whatever you do...don't ever eat Soylent Green!

Steelersnut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's the problem? People without cars need groceries. I help them load their stuff in the car, take them home and often get a nice tip. Geez, folks, lighten up!
What's your income? $10 hr? Next time I see her and I pass by she will have basket on her head with the groceries. This isn't charity. Do u work 4 Goodwill in ur OTHER spare time?

Steelersnut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You didn't mention the tip$?

P.s. I drove her to work before for $4.12. No tip. My bad! History!

Jufkii

Accept a ride and destination is a grocery store? Cancel. Pulled up today and what do I see? Full cart of groceries! $4.33 later I'm like..."Never Again"! 2 hrs later? Another grocery store! Cancelled! What's next? Moving furniture?

My one grocery store pickup today wan't all bad . Picked up a blind college student. .No tip, but I did end up with a free bag of radishes and a can of minestrone soup that fell out of his bags and were later found on the floor..

bm1320

My one grocery store pickup today wan't all bad . Picked up a blind college student. .No tip, but I did end up with a free bag of radishes and a can of minestrone soup that fell out of his bags and were later found on the floor..
I would have returned it to him.

dctcmn

What's the problem? People without cars need groceries. I help them load their stuff in the car, take them home and often get a nice tip. Geez, folks, lighten up!
There are already services set up to do that (like InstaCart). Uber/Lyft are not the appropriate service for that need.

Edit: I think it's a problem that people are using ride share drivers as a replacement for more expensive labor (ambulance service, child transport, moving company, etc.). We should not be a cheap labor catch all just because people don't want to pay for the service that they actually need.

kdyrpr

Thats why Uber doesn't show the name of the pickup location on the ping. They don't want drivers to see Walmart and pass on the ride.
I don't think Uber does that purposely. Anytime a Pax places their pin on a location it will just register as an address. If you go into the pickup field on the app and then you put in Walmart for example it will populate.

Driver2448

Cancel and get reported to Lyft. Deactivated.

Another Uber Driver

What's the problem? People without cars need groceries. I help them load their stuff in the car, take them home and often get a nice tip.
I get grocery jobs all the time in both the cab and the UberX car. I help them regardless of what they are riding. In the cab, I almost always get a tip. In the UberX car, I rarely get a tip.

I think it's a problem that people are using ride share drivers as a replacement for more expensive labor (ambulance service, child transport, moving company, etc.). We should not be a cheap labor catch all just because people don't want to pay for the service that they actually need.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For years, people have used taxicabs as discount movers, ambulances, babysitters...........................................

People use TNCs as discount taxicabs. It follows that people will use TNCs as discount ambulances, grocery jitneys, movers.........................

SurgeWarrior

Just got off the phone with Matt the ahole from lyff support..he was very stern with me...said you will be deactivated for a low acceptance rating regardless of distance or location..i told him to hold on, i needed to flip the burgers on my foreman grill..ok, back..go Matt, tell me this again? Then I asked how many trips a month is the minimum to stay active..he said there is no minimum..so I told him I’ll be doing that amount since I’m clearly not Lyft material..hellooo Uber!

Grocery Stores, High Schools, Hospital ERs, any bar after 10pm are on my go touch yourself list.

Last edited: