• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Grocery Bags, 20+

MHR

It will be even worse next week. I was amazed last year by how many people use Uber to schlep their Thanksgiving fixings home.

Also, feel free to post out in the main forum and look at and join in on other threads. We have stories, complaints, advice and several other general forums.

This would be a good post for complaints.

The SAT forum is very slow.

MikeNY

I blame the no tipping on Uber for pushing the no need to tip in the beginning.
People that aren't in the business don't understand the need to tip.
I've had millionaire's ask me why should they tip. If they understood how little we make it may change.
In NYC city council just past a law that Uber/Lyft will have to pay minimum wage for full time drivers.
Comes out to $17 after expenses I think.
Ultimately Uber/Lyft doesn't give a rat's you know what about the drivers.
Otherwise they would hike the fairs minimum $1.50.
Last but not least I'd force Uber/Lyft to change the percentage "Maximum 20% of fairs instead of the current 40%.

JustTreatMeFair

I blame the no tipping on Uber for pushing the no need to tip in the beginning.
That is a part of it.

People that aren't in the business don't understand the need to tip.
I've had millionaire's ask me why should they tip. If they understood how little we make it may change.
In NYC city council just past a law that Uber/Lyft will have to pay minimum wage for full time drivers.
Comes out to $17 after expenses I think.
Ultimately Uber/Lyft doesn't give a rat's you know what about the drivers.
You need to add Passengers in that mix as well. They care even less in most cases. I can understand how many can engage rideshare services without a thought of tipping. As a passenger when I was paying $10-12 for a 5-10 minute ride and did not require any additional information, conversation or service from the driver I was not inclined to tip. Driver has knowingly entered into an agreement with UBER/LYFT to drive for the amount they are being paid. They/We reaffirm our acceptance of that rate every time we accept a ride request.

As a tourist or when traveling when I engage a driver for information if he is helpful I tip.

We can all complain about it. Venting helps relive stress at times. But blame lies in all of us.

Otherwise they would hike the fairs minimum $1.50.
Last but not least I'd force Uber/Lyft to change the percentage "Maximum 20% of fairs instead of the current 40%.
I doubt UBER/LYFT will ever pay more than what the bottom end of available drivers is willing to accept as payment. Rideshare is destined to become an overwhelmingly immigrant workforce and it would not surprise me here in Central Texas or Southern California to find out UBER/LYFT pay more illegals for services than others that employ them.

The only answer lies in reclassifying drivers as employees or organizing drivers to withhold services until rates increase.

Less available drivers during peak period causes surge which raises rates to acceptable levels.