• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Greetings from Asbury Park

AP Tom

Greetings everyone! I’m a new Lyft driver and today I dropped a rider off at Newark Airport. He said Terminal C departures, so I dropped him there, but the app had a different drop off location, in the employee parking area. After dropping him at Terminal C, I continued on to employee parking and the guard let me park outside the gate. He said Lyft drivers often have to walk to lot 18 for the drop off point. It worked but there’s gotta be another way to do this. Any suggestions?

reg barclay

Greetings everyone! I’m a new Lyft driver and today I dropped a rider off at Newark Airport. He said Terminal C departures, so I dropped him there, but the app had a different drop off location, in the employee parking area. After dropping him at Terminal C, I continued on to employee parking and the guard let me park outside the gate. He said Lyft drivers often have to walk to lot 18 for the drop off point. It worked but there’s gotta be another way to do this. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum. You don't have to drive to the exact location they entered in order to end the trip. If they were fine with Terminal C departures then you could drop them there and end the trip straight away, no need to drive on to the exact location. In fact, once you've dropped them off you should end the trip.

AP Tom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. I finally figured that out. You have to X out of navigation and hit drop off passenger. Same with a pickup if it doesn’t automatically pop up.

njn

Some drivers don't end the trip after the drop off on purpose to get paid more. It is not recommended.

Give the guards $20 they'll let you through like a corporate next time

Unleaded

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to drive to the exact location they entered in order to end the trip. If they were fine with Terminal C departures then you could drop them there and end the trip straight away, no need to drive on to the exact location. In fact, once you've dropped them off you should end the trip.
When you start the ride to Newark International Airport and find out that the rider will be going to Terminal C, ask your rider if they are going to Economy (Level 2) or Premier (Level 3) so you can drop them off at the correct location. In Terminal B, Level 2 is domestic and Level 3 is primarily International. In Terminal A, there is only 1 departure level. You will do very well using these guidelines and you will display your professionalism, and possibly earn a well deserved tip. Learn the layout if all the airports, just in case.