• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Greenlight Hub Locations in Connecticut

Maven

There are 3 Greenlight Hub Spots in Connecticut, where you may talk to a real human being, a Greenlight In-person Support. When email support is too slow, does not understand your question, or does not provide a sufficient answer then I recommend you try a Greenlight. They were also giving out free water bottles to drivers in January and may still be doing it.

Show up in-person. They are not available by phone. Bring all related documentation and your Uber cell phone. The staff will speak to any driver (or rider) regardless of where you live or work. You may first need to sign-in using a tablet near the entrance.

The main Greenlight hub, in Stamford has moved again! It's the 3rd or 4th time. There was the Hampton Inn and Suites Hotel conference room on Mill River and the Next Street Driving School in the basement of 3001 Summer St. Now the Stamford Greenlight Hub is at an office building at:

470 West Avenue, located on the second floor of the building
, accessible by elevator or stairs.
Open on M-W-F 11am-4pm, Closed Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun.

https://www.uber.com/drive/connecticut/contact/
http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20170207/NEWS01/170209926/uber-training-site-unveiled-in-stamford

Uber has two other Connecticut Greenlight Hubs:

West Haven Uber Greenlight Spot at the
Hampton Inn & Suites, 510 Saw Mill Rd, West Haven, CT
Open Tuesday 11am-4pm
, Closed Wed. thru Mon.
* Do NOT call the Hotel about Uber. They cannot assist you.

Hartford Uber Greenlight Spot in the
Next Street Driving School, 1946 Park St, Hartford, CT
Open Thursday 11am-4pm
, Closed Fri. thru Wed.
* Do NOT call the Next Street Driving School about Uber. They cannot assist you

volkovia

Is inspection required to drive in CT or only select cities? I am in the CT NW corner today and noticed the app allowed me to go "online" and I haven't yet had an inspection done. If I head to West Hartford to drive will I need an inspection? Thanks

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is inspection required to drive in CT or only select cities? I am in the CT NW corner today and noticed the app allowed me to go "online" and I haven't yet had an inspection done. If I head to West Hartford to drive will I need an inspection? Thanks
Uber only verifies that your vehicle has
  • valid registration
  • valid insurance policy
  • meets the minimum requirements (which vary by city), posted on their web site
Periodic inspection is required to obtain or renew the vehicle registration. However, inspection is not required if the date of last inspection is not too long ago.

Last edited:

volkovia

Thank you for the quick replies. I'm just a bit confused and hoping you can elaborate. So what are the greenlight inspection stations for? I thought they were setup specifically by Uber to "screen" driver's cars before getting on the road. It sounds as though they have to do with registration by your description but I didn't think CT had any form of its own inspections required. Can you clarify on the greenlight stations purpose and when they are necessary? Thank you

Maven

Thank you for the quick replies. I'm just a bit confused and hoping you can elaborate. So what are the greenlight inspection stations for? I thought they were setup specifically by Uber to "screen" driver's cars before getting on the road. It sounds as though they have to do with registration by your description but I didn't think CT had any form of its own inspections required. Can you clarify on the greenlight stations purpose and when they are necessary? Thank you
Greenlight Hubs give drivers and others the opportunity to talk to a live, in-person Uber representative. They occasionally sign up new drivers, but never (to my knowledge) perform any kind of vehicle inspections. Going to one the 3 Greenlight locations in CT is never "necessary". For more, see the first post in this thread.

The entire State of Connecticut, along with Rhode Island and Massachusetts excluding Boston are treated as a single "city" by Uber, with the same fares, rules and requirements. Each of these States has their own unique laws (independent of Uber) regarding vehicle inspections, auto insurance, taxes, etc.

Maven

Uber does no inspection of any vehcile in CT - garbage
Not true of all rideshare companies. For example, Lyft has a "mentor inspection", where a current Lyft driver does an inspection of a new driver's car.

ctuber

Not true of all rideshare companies. For example, Lyft has a "mentor inspection", where a current Lyft driver does an inspection of a new driver's car.
Not true in CT, Lyft has no mentor requirement here now, at least they didn't when I signed up about a month ago.

zerostars

Lyft used to have a mentor requirement in CT they suspended it for now as they are a bit behind the 8 ball at this stage

Maven

Lyft used to have a mentor requirement in CT they suspended it for now as they are a bit behind the 8 ball at this stage
What do you mean by "they are a bit behind the 8 ball at this stage"?