Great deal

Kevin7889

I think this is a great deal for anybody who needs a brake pad job done. However if you still have life in your rotors don't go to this place because they do not resurface rotors. They will sell you rotors (as of right now) for $70 a piece and they come with a 1 year warranty. The brake pads have a lifetime warranty which means you will never have to pay for pads again just the labor.

Attachments

Slim Pete

Changing brake pads is one of the easiest things you can do yourself. Just watch youtube videos for guidance.

Shouldn't take more than 1.5 to 2 hours for a newbie. Important to have a breaker bar and wd-40 to make the job easier.

The issues I've had with going to repair shops is they seem to repair one thing and break another, then 3 weeks later, I'm back in the shop with another $500 bill. This NEVER happens when I do the repairs myself.

It's worth learning how to do some very basic repairs yourself.

Get the pads on amazon. they cost 20-25 bucks and will be better quality than the shop's.

The lifetime warranty I'm quite sure, won't cover natural wear and tear and 99.9% of the time brake pads need to be changed after they've worn out.

atthehop

Many people barely have a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. You should need a torque wrench to properly tighten the lug nuts. You need something to depress the Pistons in the caliper and should siphon some brake fluid from the master cylinder if it is full or else when you push the Pistons back the excess brake fluid does not spray all over. Brake fluid will discolor the paint it lands on. Calipers sometimes require an Allen or torx tool to remove the mounting bolts, and so on and so on. I have been in the business for over 45 years and every vehicle comes apart differently. So a screwdriver and pliers will not suffice and if that's all you have leave it to the professional so you can be sure the brakes work when the job is done.

Slim Pete

.... leave it to the professional so you can be sure the brakes work when the job is done.
Each time I go to professionals, they repair one thing and deliberately break another, in order to make me a "repeat customer". So no thanks, I do my own repairs.

atthehop

Each time I go to professionals, they repair one thing and deliberately break another, in order to make me a "repeat customer". So no thanks, I do my own repairs.
I agree but if your not capable of doing your own repairs brakes is not where you want to fake it. People should not make car repairs something anyone can do without experience.

Slim Pete

Many people barely have a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. You should need a torque wrench to properly tighten the lug nuts. You need something to depress the Pistons in the caliper and should siphon some brake fluid from the master cylinder if it is full or else when you push the Pistons back the excess brake fluid does not spray all over. Brake fluid will discolor the paint it lands on. Calipers sometimes require an Allen or torx tool to remove the mounting bolts, and so on and so on. I have been in the business for over 45 years and every vehicle comes apart differently. So a screwdriver and pliers will not suffice and if that's all you have leave it to the professional so you can be sure the brakes work when the job is done.
I understand you're a mechanic for 45 years and it has become second nature for you by now to scare people into thinking a simple brake job is complex and "best left to the professionals", in order for gullible people to get scared into paying a mechanic, thus boosting your own revenues.

Fact of the matter is changing brakes, while not as simple as replacing a light bulb, is certainly simple enough for the average joe to do himself.

here's a video that shows how to change brake pads (only the first 2.5 minutes are relevant, if just changing the brake pads):

Watch the first two and half minutes and figure out if it's difficult or easy for you.
The first time I changed brakes on my car, it took 2 hours. The next time, I helped a friend change her brake pads and rotors, it didn't even take 40 minutes. And I am not a mechanic.

This video link I posted above is by Chris Fix (no relation to me) who has over a million subscribers and I have found his videos to be the absolute best for car related matters.

In what you wrote above, you are making a simple job sound super complex. Typical mechanic. Reminds me of the Firestone guy who told my sister "you need to get the repairs done right away, because we are not responsible if the wheel flies off, while you're driving on the highway." LOL. Came home and turned out it was a simple $20 tire fix. Unlike the $600 they wanted to charge.

atthehop

Good video but not all brakes are setup that way. But I was not trying to scare anyone just warn them it's more complicated than some people make it sound.

If anyone who has never replaced their brakes were able to do it by themselves with or without this video I would love to see them post it here on how simple it was. And if you do not torque your lug nuts you are foolish. Taught my sone how to do it and he borrows all my tools all the time.