Inshur

Great day for phv

Shane Sheikh

The real victory is when things back to 2013 style
What only making 700 800 on a good week after circuit fee? Plus working fixed schedule Monday to Saturday? No time to pick up your kids or time for a bbq with your friends because your doing 9-9? Getting low fare jobs while brown tongue controllers best mate gets the best jobs? 70% commision from Addison Lee? Picking up drunk customer who you have no idea of what rating? Not getting a fee for your cleaning? More dead mileage then paid mileage? Great victory.

Itsonlymoney

Do you guys think a UK high court will put 40000 people out of work no. Remember tfl and mayor could not make a decision on Uber taxi meter went to court rest my case. Lump 11/10 court will overturn ruling.

renod babek

What only making 700 800 on a good week after circuit fee? Plus working fixed schedule Monday to Saturday? No time to pick up your kids or time for a bbq with your friends because your doing 9-9? Getting low fare jobs while brown tongue controllers best mate gets the best jobs? 70% commision from Addison Lee? Picking up drunk customer who you have no idea of what rating? Not getting a fee for your cleaning? More dead mileage then paid mileage? Great victory.
More like " brown tongue drivers!
What I don't get alot of operators paid towards their local mosque upkeep and put a lot into their communities in time & effort I dont see much of this going on since Uber arrived.
No mention of this anymore .
Just an observation.
Perhaps you're happy to be paying 20/25% to greedy American company. And it lining billionaire investors pockets?

uberSlim

What a lot of people on here forget is that 3.5 million paying customers is a big business. If UBER ever goes. Two more uber will come in it's place.
It's all about big businesses. That's the reality of the world we live in.

If anyone is hoping to go back to Cab office days, it won't happen. Consumers don't want to do that anymore. I certainly wouldn't and the drunks of Mayfair won't either.
I rather eat with the devil I know

Quite Quiet

Flooding the market place with 118000 PH hasn't done professional drivers who do the job as a career any favours , the numbers badly need to be regulated at a sensible level.

Last edited:

T7000

Well put, i'd rather earn at least the same amount and have my freedom than to live in my car 24/7 and put up with those conditions.

FaaaUber

What a lot of people on here forget is that 3.5 million paying customers is a big business. If UBER ever goes. Two more uber will come in it's place.
It's all about big businesses. That's the reality of the world we live in.

If anyone is hoping to go back to Cab office days, it won't happen. Consumers don't want to do that anymore. I certainly wouldn't and the drunks of Mayfair won't either.
I rather eat with the devil I know
Obviously consumer wants cheap but with TfL new operators licence Fees, English test, new topography test, soon to be introduced advanced driving test for phd and eventually a mini knowledge test. For those reasons numbers of phd are gradually gonna go down and eventually no operator will be able to provide a cheap ride on the driver's expense.
Oh yes..let's not forget compliance officer looking for any reason to revoke our ph licenses. Drive Safe.

Last edited:

johndoe2015

Do you guys think a UK high court will put 40000 people out of work no. Remember tfl and mayor could not make a decision on Uber taxi meter went to court rest my case. Lump 11/10 court will overturn ruling.
High Court will decide on whether the ban is legal or not, regardless of the needs of the drivers & TFL will have consulted government lawers before making this decision. Besides, they'll lose their employment rights appeal before they lose this one.

London Lover

I agree TFL will have consulted all the law makers before doing this other wise no point putting there necks on the line
I also think they have more info on uber then we know and will pull it out if needed

Let's not forgot uber do not have any drivers they are simply a tech platform that connects independent drivers to riders so the judge will not be putting a single driver out of work

Reactions: Dov

T7000

I agree TFL will have consulted all the law makers before doing this other wise no point putting there necks on the line
I also think they have more info on uber then we know and will pull it out if needed

Let's not forgot uber do not have any drivers they are simply a tech platform that connects independent drivers to riders so the judge will not be putting a single driver out of work
Correct, "not putting a single driver out of work"
Just drastically reducing the availability of work for 40,000+ drivers
End result = almost the same
Well thought out!