GPS Question (newbie)

dokhollidai

Hi all,
I picked up my first pax on a test run. When you opt to use google maps on iOS does it redirect you to that app or does it integrate with the Uber app? I used the Uber Nav because I wasn't sure and didn't want to be fumbling around when I needed to do something on the Uber app. I didn't care for it much, it was a little difficult to focus on the turn by turn (route on map itself seemed ok though). Can anybody clear this up for me or have some words of advice?

Thanks

SECOTIME

If u select the Google maps app then when you press navigate it'll open that app and begin route to the riders address.

RamzFanz

Hi all,
I picked up my first pax on a test run. When you opt to use google maps on iOS does it redirect you to that app or does it integrate with the Uber app? I used the Uber Nav because I wasn't sure and didn't want to be fumbling around when I needed to do something on the Uber app. I didn't care for it much, it was a little difficult to focus on the turn by turn (route on map itself seemed ok though). Can anybody clear this up for me or have some words of advice?

Thanks
You can set it to default to Google, Waze, or Uber GPS. Before you go online, touch the three horizontal lines at top left. Choose settings. Choose navigation.

Waze and Google open in a new app.

I find Uber's to be the best by far. It has solid voice navigation and even speaks the address and which side of the street. I found the separate windows for the others annoying.

Whiteorchids

You can set it to default to Google, Waze, or Uber GPS. Before you go online, touch the three horizontal lines at top left. Choose settings. Choose navigation.

Waze and Google open in a new app.

I find Uber's to be the best by far. It has solid voice navigation and even speaks the address and which side of the street. I found the separate windows for the others annoying.
How come when using the uber Nav I can get the voice directions on the way to pax but when I start trip it's silent? It's very frustrating.

Whiteorchids

I hate that too. It defaults to mute. When you slide to start ride, tap the mute button top right.
Thank you. I never noticed. I'm a newbie. Also once I accept ping I can never see where they put in destination. When I click the upper right corner when on my way to get them it only shows to contact pax and says drop off pax. Where in the heck can I see their trip destination after I get the beep it has been entered. Also after I pick them up and slide start trip it says navigate but where is the destination address located??? Ugh.

afrojoe824

Thank you. I never noticed. I'm a newbie. Also once I accept ping I can never see where they put in destination. When I click the upper right corner when on my way to get them it only shows to contact pax and says drop off pax. Where in the heck can I see their trip destination after I get the beep it has been entered. Also after I pick them up and slide start trip it says navigate but where is the destination address located??? Ugh.
1. You can't see their destination when you're on your way to picking them up. This is Uber's way of making sure you're not cancelling on people and cherry picking. (there's other ways around that).

2. If the Pax was smart enough to enter their destination, you'd see it when you start the trip. If not, then you'd have to ask them where they're going. I usually just ask "Alright, I started the trip. I don't see a destination yet. Would you like me to enter it or you'd do it?"