• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

GPS not working

bujna94

Is it only me or? GPS is sometimes totally inaccurate... like it’s showing my position whole city away... in reality, I was in McDonald's on Friar-street, what is approx. where the red arrow is... wtf? How am I going to deliver anything like that?

bujna94

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was trying both with same result, that’s why I’m thinking if it’s not my device. But 80-90% of the time is working just fine

RideshareWatch

Lyft app is glitching today as well. I have been delayed in picking up my passengers because Lyft/Google GPS is giving me inaccurate pick-up locations of my passengers. In other words, Lyft is giving me a false or inaccurate position of my passenger that is 1 - 2 miles from where they really are. It is delaying me in getting to them for the pick-up resulting in cancellations. I have had to call my Lyft riders to find out exactly where they are and ignore GPS all together.

Rickos69

There is nothing wrong with the NAV. Its you.
Obviously, you accidentally swiped your screen and it scrolled. Hit that bullseye on the bottom right and it will recenter. It only appears when the map is uncentered. Even if by a minimal distance.

Last edited:

RideshareWatch

There is nothing wrong with the NAV. Its you.
Obviously, you accidentally swiped your screen and it scrolled. Hit that bullseye on the bottom right and it will recenter. It only appears when the map is uncentered. Even if by a minimal distance.
Bogus info. There are reports coming in from all over that GPS is off today. Doing a recenter of the map has nothing to do with it. In fact I did just as you suggested and still no change to the false GPS location readings. How I choose to display my map on my phone has nothing to do with where the passenger is waiting and with GPS not recognizing where the passenger really is.

Rickos69

Bogus info. There are reports coming in from all over that GPS is off today. Doing a recenter of the map has nothing to do with it. In fact I did just as you suggested and still no change to the false GPS location readings. How I choose to display my map on my phone has nothing to do with where the passenger is waiting and with GPS not recognizing where the passenger really is.
Your info is bogus. The screenshot is clear. The bullseye means the map is off center.
I have done 25 deliveries since morning.
No issues.
If Lyft has issues, it doesn't mean Uber does.

Hot Suomi

1 and 2 are one delivery.
Post automatically merged:

3, paid for 3 kilometers only.

4, the road does not exist on Google map.

5, Uber coders consume LSD or any heavy drugs.

Attachments

NYUber123

My navigation was giving me errors this evening too. I also went offline and the app went back online by itself.