• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

GPS Issues

Ajayrocks

Twice this weekend the map was wrong and ended up 5 minutes later to the destination - Pax called me I told them the problem - is there anyway to tell it (like my regular GPS) that's it's wrong/fix the problem?

Daisey77

Are you using the in-app navigation or do you have a third party link to your Uber account?
Post automatically merged:

You could always ask the passenger for the actual address and type it in yourself to a third party app

Ajayrocks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In app- problem is the motel address is Rt 18- there’s an exit right there- wide enough for 1 car- the entrance is off of another rd

Daisey77

In app- problem is the motel address is Rt 18- there’s an exit right there- wide enough for 1 car- the entrance is off of another rd
Download Google Maps or Waze and Link that to your Uber account. So when you hit navigate it'll kick over to one of those apps. Uber navigation is horrible it has our drivers driving out on taxiways out here at our Airport and through dirt fields two armed gated entrances LOL it got a hundred of our drivers stuck in fields out here when there was an accident and is trying to detour them around an accident. Link it to a third party. At least try it and see how it goes

Ajayrocks

The app has google maps - I'll try that instead - not sure how to connect waves - it's no longer in the app

Ajayrocks

so I downloaded Waze - it showed in the app - it says I'll have to switch between the two - I'll try it later when I go out - but is it confusing when having to switch between the two?

ariel5466

so I downloaded Waze - it showed in the app - it says I'll have to switch between the two - I'll try it later when I go out - but is it confusing when having to switch between the two?
It should do it automatically, at least it does for me.

kingcorey321

ok on uber click the top of the directions it will drop down a menu step by step directions . then just click the very bottom you will see it says use google maps . with uber get your self to that pin no need to listen to the pax . they put the incorrect address in ow well .
wait your 5 collect . your in the correct location the timer started like it should wait 5 collect .
if you listen to the pax not getting your self to the pin on the gps you will not get a cancel fee. you may or may not get the pax.
again uber x does not pay enough its better to collect the cancel fee then take the fare .

Daisey77

Go into your app settings and click on navigation. It'll bring up whatever navigation apps you have downloaded + Uber navigation. Click on whichever one you want to use and then every time you get a request it'll automatically kick over to that specific app