Gotta love Lyft

Matt101980

Picture it. Center city at 11:30pm on saturday I’m dropping off a xl group at the concourse and just before I get the horrible passenger added to que alert. I almost ALWAYS deny them but I checked the address and it was one block away and figured fine it’s slow I’ll go for it.

Guy gets in my van and instantly says glad I got a comfortable car. So I know at this point I’m going to cancel. Start the ride and...... going to D.C. 130 miles away.

I laughed canceled and asked him to leave my car while he tried to reason how it was great money for me. So some other lucky driver got to deal with it too.

TheFakeDeal

you should make a deal with him.
Telling him no one is taking him to DC this time, if he's willing for a cash deal like 400 USD something then you'd do it.
only 5 hours round-trip. 400 USD cash I'd do it.

Bus Bozo

Picture it. Center city at 11:30pm on saturday I’m dropping off a xl group at the concourse and just before I get the horrible passenger added to que alert. I almost ALWAYS deny them but I checked the address and it was one block away and figured fine it’s slow I’ll go for it.

Guy gets in my van and instantly says glad I got a comfortable car. So I know at this point I’m going to cancel. Start the ride and...... going to D.C. 130 miles away.

I laughed canceled and asked him to leave my car while he tried to reason how it was great money for me. So some other lucky driver got to deal with it too.

LD rides like this should have a surcharge, and a large one at that....they are money losers today! We all know we could do as well or better staying in our own area, with a lot less mileage.

Of course the pax thinks you're making out. How many ask you the farthest trip you've taken, like it's a badge of honor? I always laugh and let them know the real deal.

I wish all drivers would refuse these trips...maybe that would send a message to U/L. Sadly I believe there are too many out there who only look at $/hour and think it's a good deal :o-o:. Eventually the pax will get the ride.