• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gotta Love Drunk Millennial’s Math Skills

warrior lady

waiting for XL pickup on Rhode Island Ave around 11 pm Sat. night.. Now this is Very Busy street and Not conducive to waiting AT ALL. I text guy and he says it’s actuallu down an alley and can I come down there. ( Already been waiting 3-4 minutes already). He desperately Pleads with me “ Please don’t cancel!”. I go down the alley ( only to get off the main road and because I can see it cuts through to another Main Street.. He frantically comes running and says he’s still waiting on some girls in his group.. tries to tip me in the app but it doesn’t work. Slips me $20 hard cash and asks if I’ll wait longer for that.
- I agree but say no more than 3 minutes... The ghost of 3.75 speaking in my ear saying “ Take the $ and run”’ I wait and they all finally come straggling up to the van and the final seconds of my own personal 3 minute count- down.
Guess where they are going: .43 miles away.. A 6 minute ride that is definitely walkable.
- They gave me that $20 cash.. paid $17 for the ride when they could have just paid the cancel fee and order once they were all ready.
- But the next XL ride after this got me a $19 surge.- So at least it put me in a good location for next ride. Dumb millennials!

Attachments

Gtown Driver

Sounds great to me. No punctuality, Chipotle cooks for them millennials tipped you 20 dollars because they cant organize their way out of a paper bag

yankdog

waiting for XL pickup on Rhode Island Ave around 11 pm Sat. night.. Now this is Very Busy street and Not conducive to waiting AT ALL. I text guy and he says it’s actuallu down an alley and can I come down there. ( Already been waiting 3-4 minutes already). He desperately Pleads with me “ Please don’t cancel!”. I go down the alley ( only to get off the main road and because I can see it cuts through to another Main Street.. He frantically comes running and says he’s still waiting on some girls in his group.. tries to tip me in the app but it doesn’t work. Slips me $20 hard cash and asks if I’ll wait longer for that.
- I agree but say no more than 3 minutes... The ghost of 3.75 speaking in my ear saying “ Take the $ and run”’ I wait and they all finally come straggling up to the van and the final seconds of my own personal 3 minute count- down.
Guess where they are going: .43 miles away.. A 6 minute ride that is definitely walkable.
- They gave me that $20 cash.. paid $17 for the ride when they could have just paid the cancel fee and order once they were all ready.
- But the next XL ride after this got me a $19 surge.- So at least it put me in a good location for next ride. Dumb millennials!
That's testosterone doing the thinking for him I bet

HPClays

No, that's how this is SUPPOSED to work. That dude is trying to bang at least two of those girls, so he's got to keep them all out together until one of them bites the hook. An UberXL is like a cow dog, keeping the herd together and distracted until the destination is reached...a .43 mile walk, and 2 of the girl decide to go to a different party, and dude's options get cut in half.

Like a true gentlemen, he paid for your time in the appropriate manner...cash...because he had a lot more already invested in buying drinks for probably the whole group. That's class and that's how it should be everytime we pull to the curb for a group that's not ready.

yankdog

No, that's how this is SUPPOSED to work. That dude is trying to bang at least two of those girls, so he's got to keep them all out together until one of them bites the hook. An UberXL is like a cow dog, keeping the herd together and distracted until the destination is reached...a .43 mile walk, and 2 of the girl decide to go to a different party, and dude's options get cut in half.

Like a true gentlemen, he paid for your time in the appropriate manner...cash...because he had a lot more already invested in buying drinks for probably the whole group. That's class and that's how it should be everytime we pull to the curb for a group that's not ready.
Exactly. If I see enough green I can facilitate all manner of debauchery without hesitation.