Gotta love cancels

sre94

About a month ago, I take a request while driving on Rosecrans, and right away I pass the guy's street because the car is still in motion. 10 seconds later, I turn on the next street over to make my way to him. He texts me "Good morning. And I am waiting"

I wanted to text back "well, now you're REALLY going to be waiting" before hitting cancel

DamseLinDistresS

I was picking up this lady at the transit station in Oceanside late one night. I had parked around the main area where people usually get off from. This lady calls and asks where I was. She sounded scared, she said "Please come pick me up, there's a few men around and don't really want to be here." I told her exactly where I was (pin location) and that I was the only car there at that time (no other cars around) hazard lights on.

She says "I see a car with lights flashing." I said, "Yes that's me." I start moving forward slowly and she says the car is moving. I ask her what direction and if she was in front or behind me. She says "I don't know, but the car is moving away from me, I'm by the ticket booth." I told her I was just parked right there by the ticket booth. She said she didn't see me there because I had moved away :rolleyes:

I was just thinking this lady saw that I was right in front of her but failed to make her way to my car. At this point I got the cancellation option. I said "I'm turning and coming back there." She said "Hurry up! I'm scared". I told her I was almost there and she replied "Where the @@@@ are you?"
-Click (hang phone, and clicked cancel rider no show).

I was way too patient with this lady and I knew I should have cancelled as soon as she started getting rude with me (or even when I was at the pin location and she wasn't, normally I wait it out there and collect a no show fee). Only reason why I didn't cancelled right away after I saw the cancellation option available was because I really did wanted to help her and get her out of the situation she felt scared of. People are really ungrateful and I'm done playing nice with them :p

Telsa34

I was picking up this lady at the transit station in Oceanside late one night. I had parked around the main area where people usually get off from. This lady calls and asks where I was. She sounded scared, she said "Please come pick me up, there's a few men around and don't really want to be here." I told her exactly where I was (pin location) and that I was the only car there at that time (no other cars around) hazard lights on.

She says "I see a car with lights flashing." I said, "Yes that's me." I start moving forward slowly and she says the car is moving. I ask her what direction and if she was in front or behind me. She says "I don't know, but the car is moving away from me, I'm by the ticket booth." I told her I was just parked right there by the ticket booth. She said she didn't see me there because I had moved away :rolleyes:

I was just thinking this lady saw that I was right in front of her but failed to make her way to my car. At this point I got the cancellation option. I said "I'm turning and coming back there." She said "Hurry up! I'm scared". I told her I was almost there and she replied "Where the f^#* are you?"
-Click (hang phone, and clicked cancel rider no show).

I was way too patient with this lady and I knew I should have cancelled as soon as she started getting rude with me (or even when I was at the pin location and she wasn't, normally I wait it out there and collect a no show fee). Only reason why I didn't cancelled right away after I saw the cancellation option available was because I really did wanted to help her and get her out of the situation she felt scared of. People are really ungrateful and I'm done playing nice with them :p

And I'm sure you would have slept like a baby had you got up the next morning and found out she had been raped at that location no excuse for her profanity and I would have told her that.

DamseLinDistresS

And I'm sure you would have slept like a baby had you got up the next morning and found out she had been raped at that location no excuse for her profanity and I would have told her that.
If you want to be stepped on and be degraded by people be my guess, but don't expect me to feel sorry for you if something bad does happen to you...I won't lose any sleep over it :smiles:

NCRBILL

Since when does it become the drivers fault that someone would be in an area, by themselves at a time when it's not safe?

It's not my problem they aren't thinking about the what if's out there

DamseLinDistresS

Your long thought out post to brag about how you refuse to help another human being in potential dangerous situations speaks volumes of your character.
And like I said if you want to be degraded in the process of helping such human being, it speaks volumes of your character. You sir keep being that sheep and I'll be the lion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blushark

Not sure why people who want service feel entitled to berate these people who are trying to help them. Connecting in the dark is challenging enough and most reasonable people will try to call and find a solution like Damsel did. Calling driver names or asking loaded questions like "are you going to pick me up or not?" is grounds for an immediate cancellation. Obviously you want the ride and maybe a bit frustrated but show some character and patience instead of being rude. No one can predict the future, so anything that happens after a ride cancellation has nothing to do with the driver.

Armchair quarterbacks say well what if she got raped, or she was killed, or picked up by aliens would you sleep well at night? Why would you put that on a driver that tried their best to connect with the passenger and all she got was berated? How about taking responsibility for your own actions? Better question by the Armchair Quarterback is to ask the rider Don't you think you ought to have been more respectful then driver wouldn't have cancelled on you? Better start running now...people are after you!

DamseLinDistresS

Of course it is not our fault. But to be a coward is.
How is that being a coward? You sir have a very flawed view of what a coward is. Every capable adult can make their own decisions and get into the situations they do based on their own judgement.

I drive late at nights, as a woman this a dangerous thing to do and I'm well aware of that. Would I blame any other adult if something happened to me while doing so? No, I wouldn't. It's called being a responsible adult and owning up to your actions. Placing blame on others and playing the victim card is one of the lowest forms of someone's character.Further more I would never be rude to someone who was trying to help me. I would be grateful because that's the way I was brought up to be.

It's people like you who enable these type of people but yet you question my character? :rolleyes: I'm just going to sit here and laugh at your poorly attempts to make feel guilty about something I could care less about.

Last edited:

Safe_Driver_4_U

My two favorite cancels: I get the ping for an Uber X, not far, I arrive at pin and address, "rider notified". I wait about 3 minutes, I can see a woman moving in the living room, I call, "Hi this is your Uber ride and just wanted to make sure you knew I was out front of the house". Her reply, "I know I will be right out in about 10 seconds". I knew right then and there she was going to be 5 more minutes, at 4 min 45 sec she texts "be right out". I respond," no worries I can wait" 5 minute cancel no show button pops up, I tell myself this will be a great cancel, I knew she was going to be another 2-3 minutes, I watched the front door sure enough about 2 minutes later the front door opens. As she steps out of the house she watches me drive away, I "cancel no show".

My next favorite, Up in Solana Beach 9pm, get a very close ping take it, drive to pin and address, rider notified, it's a liquor store not the name of the restaurant pax typed in. About 3 minutes in he calls, he is drunk very condescending and rude,"WTF where are you, this isn't rocket science man, I am at this restaurant". So I intentionally meekly reply, "yes sir, I will be right there", I drive around corner hide out. At 4 min 45 sec he calls, I ignore call, 5 min cancel no show, even after I cancel and I know he got the message for the cancel he calls again, I ignore. It's potentially violent people like that, that I worry about having my personal info that Uber provides.