Gotta good look at Camden...

UberSchmuber

Holy 5h1t !!! Had a fare that took me up Broadway to Market St. It did not look like any city in NJ, much less any I have seen in the U.S. Seemed like all the street were concrete, filthy and the amount of people out on the streets at 1 p.m. appearing to be going no where or having nothing to do was appalling. Newark is a "Shining City on the Hill" in comparison. The 5 Boros weren't this bad during the Dinkins Administration when I used to have to drive them for a summer job. All my old head-on-a-swivel instincts came back from then. Shut my Lyft off and Uber's potty break switch too and got over the BF Bridge back to Philly.

Incidentally, after my drop off, I passed a Rutgers Law School. Was that their criminal defense Campus?

Stan07

About 2 years ago i drove someone from New York to Camden for a concert. I dropped him off to the arena, and sped away back to the highway. It was the most desperate town i have ever seen, signs of crime everywhere, abondend houses, drug dealers on bikes etc

Trump should force Uber and Lyft to move their HQ's from SF to Camden.

Last edited:

UberwhoIaM

Holy 5h1t !!! Had a fare that took me up Broadway to Market St. It did not look like any city in NJ, much less any I have seen in the U.S. Seemed like all the street were concrete, filthy and the amount of people out on the streets at 1 p.m. appearing to be going no where or having nothing to do was appalling. Newark is a "Shining City on the Hill" in comparison. The 5 Boros weren't this bad during the Dinkins Administration when I used to have to drive them for a summer job. All my old head-on-a-swivel instincts came back from then. Shut my Lyft off and Uber's potty break switch too and got over the BF Bridge back to Philly.

Incidentally, after my drop off, I passed a Rutgers Law School. Was that their criminal defense Campus?
That's the nice part too... You can actually walk around that area. Rutgers satellite campus is right there. Where you were was the Walter Rand transportation center area. Most those people are waiting on buses or the River line. You want to see the dirty nasty bad part to go north Camden. After dark I won't even drop off in Camden. There's a reason why the State took it over and fired all the cops.