Got to share this new Uber logo!

JUMP

Karl Marx

Priceless!!!

Just a quick correction: the thumbs should pointing downward to be anatomically correct.

Or how about:

Making human trafficking great again

In many ways Uber exhibits vestiges of the Slave States. Neoliberalism has many of the same ghastly practices of the Plantation Culture of the American South. Nat Turner and his fellow co-conspirators rose up when they had enough of their slave masters. I think many Uber drivers have had enough of the "New Slavery" we know as Neoliberalism.

"In the woods on the plantation of Joseph Travis, upon the Sunday just named, six slaves met at noon for what is called in the Northern States a picnic and in the Southern a barbecue. The bill of fare was to be simple: one brought a pig, and another some brandy, giving to the meeting an aspect so cheaply convivial that no one would have imagined it to be the final consummation of a conspiracy which had been for six months in preparation ... The party had remained together from twelve to three o'clock, when a seventh man joined them,--a short, stout, powerfully built person, of dark mulatto complexion and strongly-marked African features, but with a face full of expression and resolution. This was Nat Turner."

Somewhere out there is another modern day Nat Turner.

EddyStone

In many ways Uber exhibits vestiges of the Slave States. Neoliberalism has many of the same ghastly practices of the Plantation Culture of the American South. Nat Turner and his fellow co-conspirators rose up when they had enough of their slave masters. I think many Uber drivers have had enough of the "New Slavery" we know as Neoliberalism.

"In the woods on the plantation of Joseph Travis, upon the Sunday just named, six slaves met at noon for what is called in the Northern States a picnic and in the Southern a barbecue. The bill of fare was to be simple: one brought a pig, and another some brandy, giving to the meeting an aspect so cheaply convivial that no one would have imagined it to be the final consummation of a conspiracy which had been for six months in preparation ... The party had remained together from twelve to three o'clock, when a seventh man joined them,--a short, stout, powerfully built person, of dark mulatto complexion and strongly-marked African features, but with a face full of expression and resolution. This was Nat Turner."

Chill out MarxBot3000

Hameed

Are you high or what lol. Why your every post is political and nothing to do with everyday driving uber. Go get a life if you are not a driver

Karl Marx

Are you high or what lol. Why your every post is political and nothing to do with everyday driving uber. Go get a life if you are not a driver

I drove the early days and learned its' ways of manipulating and using drivers. More importantly it made me look at capitalism from a much more different and critical perspective. Delving into the literature of Hayek ( the father of Neoliberalism ) and Marx was driven by my need to understand this new world of unbridled greed, cruelty and coercion. In particular it made me understand the likes of Kalanick and the new digital capitalists that take and give nothing back. Uber is not a model that can sustain either me or you and most definitely not the planet.

Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy.

Hameed

I drove the early days and learned its' ways of manipulating and using drivers. More importantly it made me look at capitalism from a much more different and critical perspective. Delving into the literature of Hayek ( the father of Neoliberalism ) and Marx was driven by my need to understand this new world of unbridled greed and coercion. In particular it made me understand the likes of Kalanick and the new digital capitalists that take and give nothing back. Uber is not a model that can sustain either me or you and most definitely not the planet.

Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy.
See I understand your concern but why you put yourself in agony. In this world, not everything is in our control and we can't change everything. If something is beyond your reach to fix then distant yourself from it and enjoy your life peacefully. There are so many injustices happening around us to name a few environmental deterioration due to corporations, powerful countries envading poor countries, no secure jobs due to flood of temp agencies etc etc. But if you can't fix then focus on something else that give you peace. Just my humble suggestion

dmoney155

I don't mind KM's posts. They have lot to do with Uber, just on a higher level.

See I understand your concern but why you put yourself in agony. In this world, not everything is in our control and we can't change everything. If something is beyond your reach to fix then distant yourself from it and enjoy your life peacefully. There are so many injustices happening around us to name a few environmental deterioration due to corporations, powerful countries envading poor countries, no secure jobs due to flood of temp agencies etc etc. But if you can't fix then focus on something else that give you peace. Just my humble suggestion

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

KM builds awareness for those who listen.

EddyStone

Karl Marx is living in the year 3017 when humans have seen the faults of a monetary based economy and have now adopted a resource based economy where our only function in life is higher education. We explore the galaxy and look to fulfill our perpetual curiosity. All the while, the captain of our star ship Enterprise finds himself in weekly situations of cognitive dissonance where his life and the life of his crew are in constant danger because we dare go where no man has gone before. Make it so.

Karl Marx

I don't mind KM's posts. They have lot to do with Uber, just on a higher level.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

KM builds awareness for those who listen.

Thank you for the compliment. I am really just as lost and bewildered as the next person. Trying to find my way through all this change has been a second education for me. I promise that when I have some more time, hopefully in the spring, I will sit down and properly put my thoughts and ideas in a thorough body of work.

Yam Digger

Uber is not a model that can sustain either me or you and most definitely not the planet.
And at the rate Uber itself is hemorrhaging money, not even itself.

Even if this driverless car falacy did come true, Uber will be long bankrupted by then.

Lolinator

lol u speak of new slaves? you are visual poision with your fake news opinions that drag on into a blackhole

0 lols

-lolinator