Got the Lyft switcheroo yesterday...

welikecamping

I'm heading to pick up Jennifer, who is still a mile and a half away, suddenly, the pickup location changes to George, who is a quarter-mile away requiring a quick u-turn. George took one last big drag off his cigarette, then climbed in, for the fixed, no-tip ride to his low-income housing project. In fact, out of the four Lyft rides I did yesterday, three of them were fixed route rides, two of them low-income rides, and only one of them tipped, the guy getting a ride home from the tire shop.

This is why Lyft gets maybe 2% of my business.

tohunt4me

I'm heading to pick up Jennifer, who is still a mile and a half away, suddenly, the pickup location changes to George, who is a quarter-mile away requiring a quick u-turn. George took one last big drag off his cigarette, then climbed in, for the fixed, no-tip ride to his low-income housing project. In fact, out of the four Lyft rides I did yesterday, three of them were fixed route rides, two of them low-income rides, and only one of them tipped, the guy getting a ride home from the tire shop.

Lyft .?
Who is Lyft ?

mbd

25% tip rate is very good.
fixed routes are usually 3 rd party pings and drivers figured it out, so they did long hauls.😁

Alantc

I always cancel on the switcheroo rides. I know where the first ride is and I'm focused on that ride and I'm not going through changing my focus in traffic or turning around to go to the other pickup. So bite me Lyft.

GregJinAZ

Talk about unnecessary occupational hazard. Esp. with the big dummies they hire en masse.

Ride switching them while they are on the freeway. Attention pulled away from driving, sudden dangerous lane changes, frustrated drivers - many of whom are too low IQ and shouldnt be allowed behind a wheel regardless.

JaxUberLyft

In theory, Lyft switches to a closer pax...could be better, could be worse. they are all about minimizing pickup times. Frankly, what annoys me more is the lyin' Lyft cancel - Lyft cancels driver for a closer driver and then sends a text msg saying the pax did it.

I do Lyft - this AM it was outpinging Uber 10 / 1, but 9 outta 10 were double digits away, so I got in a fair bit of reading.

I keep Lyft on a shorter leash as to time to pickup thn I do Uber owing to all Lyft's shenanigans.

joebrown618

I got that monday. Was going to pickup at a semi-upscale condo community but got switched to a guy at a Mexican restaurant, literally as I was driving past it. Got to the restaurant, they were puffing away on cigarettes and it was a 5 minute ride to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting house while the riders @@@@@ed the entire time about the Lyft minimum price.

Coastal_Cruiser

I used to try and grin and bear the old switcheroo because it did sort a make sense, but Lyft stopped annuniciating the swap. You used ot get an audible warning. Makes no sense that they discontinued that.

kingcorey321

Key words last hit of the stinky cigarette . Results i hate smoke me drive off wait out of site wait 5 minutes call and hang up to collect my 5 dollars . To much luggage . Stinky pax

Amos69

25% tip rate is very good.
fixed routes are usually 3 rd party pings and drivers figured it out, so they did long hauls.😁
I automatically LH the heck out of them!
Post automatically merged:

I used to try and grin and bear the old switcheroo because it did sort a make sense, but Lyft stopped annuniciating the swap. You used ot get an audible warning. Makes no sense that they discontinued that.
That is super frustrating! I am turning right and then the navy suddenly says to turn left in Rush Hourssssss traffic.

OCBob

I always cancel on the switcheroo rides. I know where the first ride is and I'm focused on that ride and I'm not going through changing my focus in traffic or turning around to go to the other pickup. So bite me Lyft.
The worst is when I see that a regular is my pick up but this time I am not taking him to his destination but he is leaving her destination 2.7 miles away. I know he is coming back near me (to her home and why I get her so many times) and his usual $8 tip for a min ride is now in order. As I am about 60% of the way there, I get switched to a .5 mile pick up that happens to also be a min ride but sadly, not even a $1 tip. How pissed would you be missing out on $8 free cash flow?

Fozzie

Sounds like bad luck. (really bad luck)

I'm usually pretty selective in which Lyft rides I take. This week I've taken 6 Lyft rides grossing $133 + 4 tips totaling $40.

Overall, I've been doing better with Lyft than with Uber, where I've done 14 trips this week for $249 + 4 tips totaling $25

Not great, but not horrible for 12 hrs online. (four 3 hr days running filters from my home)

BogusServiceAnimal

If they switch, cancel the ride. Simply on principle. They are breaking their TOS when they force a ride on you that you never accepted.

realbaseball

Why even bother canceling? Just leave, go home, or turn on uber app. This always happens when we accept a far ride (which we should get paid for from the time of acceptance.) They lowered the per mile rate in PX so we’d accept these rides and then they switch them on us to a ride one minute away while we’re en route? Its BS. Just drive away
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

TGK

took one last big drag off his cigarette, then climbed in,
Lyft is a Value Added Service. The AI determines the quality needed...if your car does not smell like (not your fault) cigs...you would get better riders and better tips...more tips you recieve is seen by the AI as a better ride...better ride gets better riders. The same is true for drivers who get lower or no tips...typically get worse riders...who have lower ratings and tip low or never. YOU ARE STUCK IN THE AI CATCH-22, unfortunately you are stuck in the down spiral!!!

welikecamping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I won't do shared rides. A fixed-route ride (to me), is a ride where you get a text message telling you the route, number of pax, stops etc is fixed and you cannot deviate. Typically originating at a car dealership, medical facility or assisted care facility. Typically means no tip, grubby pax, injured pax or those that require assistance with walkers and wheelchairs.

So far as deviating from the route, I go the way I want.

Smell My Finger

I got that monday. Was going to pickup at a semi-upscale condo community but got switched to a guy at a Mexican restaurant, literally as I was driving past it. Got to the restaurant, they were puffing away on cigarettes and it was a 5 minute ride to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting house while the riders @@@@@ed the entire time about the Lyft minimum price.
Mexican restaurant, smoking cigs, trips to Alcoholics Anonymous, what's not upscale about that?